Nets Making 'Exploratory Calls' On Possible Trades

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Nets Making 'Exploratory Calls' On Possible Trades 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:11 pm

The Brooklyn Nets have interest in making a trade though Billy King doesn't expect it to be drastic.

The Nets are projected of having $40 million in cap space and don't want to make a short-sighted move.

“We can trade now and eat all that space up, get to 30-something wins and make the playoffs in the eighth spot,” King said at the team’s New Jersey practice facility Monday afternoon. “[But] then, where’s the future now? So it’s about adding the right pieces and being patient.

“We didn’t get here overnight, and we are not going to get out of it overnight. That’s reality. There is not something where it’s, ‘OK, this is the magic wand and we are going to do this and it’s going to change overnight. We knew that going in, we knew that when we made those decisions and it didn’t work, and so now we’ve got to gradually, systematically dig yourself out of it.”

King said he’s made some “exploratory calls” about trades.

The Nets are currently 0-7.

Via Tim Bontemps/New York Post

DJ3thenew23
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Re: Nets Making 'Exploratory Calls' On Possible Trades 

Post#2 » by DJ3thenew23 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:40 pm

They have no future either way. Either try to compete and MAYBE make the playoffs or tank and lose your pick to Boston. Honestly, competing is probably the better option as then they aren't helping a division rival as much.
zeebo wrote:Is winning championships really that important?

olive_triangurl wrote:If i had to meet LeBron i'd go straight to the hypnotist to get my conscious memory wiped afterward (sadly it'd still be in my subconscious memory, as everything is, even past lives).
NBADraft2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,123

Post#3 » by NBADraft2003 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:17 am

They have to be a treadmill team
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#4 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:38 am

DJ3thenew23 wrote:They have no future either way. Either try to compete and MAYBE make the playoffs or tank and lose your pick to Boston. Honestly, competing is probably the better option as then they aren't helping a division rival as much.

Sometimes competing isn't an option!
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#5 » by MitchB3 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:06 pm

What they should have done is kept, Deron Williams and let go of Joe Johnson. As of right now Joe Johnson is looking like the MOST OVERPAID NBA PLAYER; he's not producing anything. This team is a horrible and I don't blame the coach because the team just doesn't want to play defense, even when Jason Kidd was there they weren't in the mood to play defense. It just sucks that they can't do anything.
Biscayne Beast
Senior
And1: 594

Post#6 » by Biscayne Beast » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:15 pm

Billy King you gave your future away for KG & PP ...
RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Post#7 » by RonaldArtest » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:43 am

First off, just amazed King is still employed. Secondly, take the patient approach and build slowly through I'm guessing the draft? When's the next year they get their first rounder, 2019?
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#8 » by Furinkazan » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:17 pm

RonaldArtest wrote:First off, just amazed King is still employed. Secondly, take the patient approach and build slowly through I'm guessing the draft? When's the next year they get their first rounder, 2019?

thats why he propably wants to trade vets for young talent theres no other way for him
but at this point I woudnt touch any of his players with a 10 ft pole unless im also in a desprate situation
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#9 » by The_Hater » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:58 pm

RonaldArtest wrote:First off, just amazed King is still employed. Secondly, take the patient approach and build slowly through I'm guessing the draft? When's the next year they get their first rounder, 2019?

I love his statement 'We didn’t get here overnight, and we are not going to get out of it overnight' as if it was someone other than himself who dug this massive hole.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Pro Prospect
And1: 235

Post#10 » by #9 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:38 am

~Snoopy~ wrote:

thats why he propably wants to trade vets for young talent theres no other way for him
but at this point I woudnt touch any of his players with a 10 ft pole unless im also in a desprate situation

Who's on your avatar?

Return to Wiretap Discussion