Re: Garnett: Like Jordan, Steph Curry Is His Own Thing

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

Garnett: Like Jordan, Steph Curry Is His Own Thing 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:26 pm

Kevin Garnett had high praise for Stephen Curry after his 46-point performance on Thursday.

"Like Michael Jordan was a whole other thing, this guy is his own thing. It's beautiful for basketball," Garnett said.

Curry won the MVP last season and currently leads the NBA in PER.

Via Mike Lefkow/San Jose Mercury News

JazzMatt13
Analyst
And1: 293

Post#2 » by JazzMatt13 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:37 pm

How many guys came along and had awesome stretches....plenty.

Allen Iverson, Carmela Anthony, Stephan Marbury, Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady etc.

I know fools wanted to compare them to MJ, but come on. Even with Curry's 1 title, its still asinine. Kobe is only one from 00's and since, that have even be near MJ.

Maybe Curry is his own thing like Kobe, If MJ is tier 1, Kobe Tier 2, then Curry is Tier 3.
olive_triangurl
Banned User
And1: 607

Post#3 » by olive_triangurl » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:51 pm

^ But is there anything unique about Kobe?
He looks like a "chucker" (and relatively non-athletic) version of MJ.
Seems like KG is referring to unique impact the player has.
Charles Barkley is his own thing.
Magic Johnson is his own thing (they say LeBron has something similar but I've never seen it).
Dennis Rodman is his own thing.
I've never seen any players similar to those 3 guys.
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,798
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#4 » by Boogie! » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:26 am

kevin garnett is absolutely right... curry is a beast... great all around game and hes probably the best shooter of all time... guy makes pull up 3s with ease... makes you think theyre easy shots... and he's shooting 47% from behind the arc... again its not like hes just camping out waiting for open shots... guy is creating all these shots for himself, with guys in his face and hes still shooting close to 50... unbelieveable man...
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
DJ3thenew23
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Post#5 » by DJ3thenew23 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:59 am

JazzMatt13 wrote:How many guys came along and had awesome stretches....plenty.

Allen Iverson, Carmela Anthony, Stephan Marbury, Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady etc.

I know fools wanted to compare them to MJ, but come on. Even with Curry's 1 title, its still asinine. Kobe is only one from 00's and since, that have even be near MJ.

Maybe Curry is his own thing like Kobe, If MJ is tier 1, Kobe Tier 2, then Curry is Tier 3.

It's not about Curry "being near" MJ. It's about his style of play being special. Kobe is a carbon copy of MJ, not special. Special guys are MJ, Curry, LeBron, even as olive (as much as I hate to agree with him/her) pointed out Rodman, Charles, Magic, Kareem, Wilt even though most people say he's a fluke which I don't understand.
zeebo wrote:Is winning championships really that important?

olive_triangurl wrote:If i had to meet LeBron i'd go straight to the hypnotist to get my conscious memory wiped afterward (sadly it'd still be in my subconscious memory, as everything is, even past lives).
olive_triangurl
Banned User

Post#6 » by olive_triangurl » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:39 pm

DJ3thenew23 wrote:
It's not about Curry "being near" MJ. It's about his style of play being special. Kobe is a carbon copy of MJ, not special. Special guys are MJ, Curry, LeBron, even as olive (as much as I hate to agree with him/her)

Don't worry, everybody agrees with me in the end :nod: just takes some people longer than others.
DJ3thenew23
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Post#7 » by DJ3thenew23 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:38 pm

olive_triangurl wrote:
DJ3thenew23 wrote:
It's not about Curry "being near" MJ. It's about his style of play being special. Kobe is a carbon copy of MJ, not special. Special guys are MJ, Curry, LeBron, even as olive (as much as I hate to agree with him/her)

Don't worry, everybody agrees with me in the end :nod: just takes some people longer than others.

And this is why I normally don't agree with you. But your point here was oddly not stupid, so I applaud you for that.
zeebo wrote:Is winning championships really that important?

olive_triangurl wrote:If i had to meet LeBron i'd go straight to the hypnotist to get my conscious memory wiped afterward (sadly it'd still be in my subconscious memory, as everything is, even past lives).
olive_triangurl
Banned User

Re: Re: Garnett: Like Jordan, Steph Curry Is His Own Thing 

Post#8 » by olive_triangurl » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:27 pm

^ Thanks for joining the club.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,360

Post#9 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:30 am

JazzMatt13 wrote:How many guys came along and had awesome stretches....plenty.

You're comparing Stephen Curry... NBA MVP... NBA champ... The leader of the 3rd winningest team of all time... The guy who is doing things noone has done since Jordan... To Stephan Marbury?

:noway: :crazy: :banghead: :nod: :rofl:
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.

Return to Wiretap Discussion