Celtics Trying To Balance Player Development With Competing Now

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Celtics Trying To Balance Player Development With Competing Now 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:01 pm

With all of the Boston Celtics' draft picks, Danny Ainge is more liberally using the D-League for players to get experience.

“What I don’t want to have happen when we draft a player is for my coaching staff to have such a burden of trying to win, trying to make the playoffs, trying to win games and making judgments on their young players who can’t help them win,” Ainge said.

“We’ve seen many, many franchises give up on players because winning was a precedent over developing players.”

With potentially three more first round picks coming to Boston next summer, the Celtics want to establish a foundation in which their younger players can develop without the pressure of having to perform.

Via Brad Stevens/Boston Globe

Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Re: Celtics Trying To Balance Player Development With Competing Now 

Post#2 » by Sam195 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:12 pm

Yeah that Brooklyn Blockbuster Trade for KG and Pierce will be the foundation that leads to the Celtics next championship and Danny Ainge will go down as one of the best GMs ever - Billy King the worst.
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Re: Celtics Trying To Balance Player Development With Competing Now 

Post#3 » by Donnyxc » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:26 pm

Yeah, the Maine Red Claws sure does a whole lot for player development...
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley

Return to Wiretap Discussion