Jerry Colangelo Hired By 76ers

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

Jerry Colangelo Hired By 76ers 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Dec 7, 2015 10:04 pm

The Philadelphia 76ers have hired Jerry Colangelo Special Advisor to the Managing General Partner and Chairman of Basketball Operations.

"Jerry Colangelo is one of the most respected people in basketball and we are excited to add his five decades of knowledge, relationships and experience to help drive our organization forward," said Sixers co-Managing Owner Josh Harris.

“I am excited and energized about the opportunity to work with Josh Harris and this ownership group in their continued efforts to build something lasting and special here with the Sixers,” Colangelo said. “This is an organization with a storied history, strong and talented leadership and a number of promising pieces that have the potential for a very bright future.”  

“It's not every day you have the opportunity to work alongside a Hall of Famer with Jerry's unique set of experiences,” said President of Basketball Operations and General Manager Sam Hinkie. “I feel incredibly fortunate to have him as part of our organization.”

Via RealGM Staff Report

DJ3thenew23
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Re: Jerry Colangelo Hired By 76ers 

Post#2 » by DJ3thenew23 » Mon Dec 7, 2015 10:21 pm

Big move for the Sixers' FO, potentially meaning they are looking to take a big step next year.
zeebo wrote:Is winning championships really that important?

olive_triangurl wrote:If i had to meet LeBron i'd go straight to the hypnotist to get my conscious memory wiped afterward (sadly it'd still be in my subconscious memory, as everything is, even past lives).
malgus
Rookie
And1: 116

Post#3 » by malgus » Tue Dec 8, 2015 12:34 am

Colangelo's a great guy, not sure how much he has left in the tank and presumably he'll still be focused on USA basketball. If nothing else this offers some legitimacy to the 76ers front office.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#4 » by DEEP3CL » Tue Dec 8, 2015 3:18 am

Colangelo to me was up there with Jerry West in terms of gauging talent and hitting on drafts. This move to me is nothing more than Silver and Harris saying " Hinkie you can't continue this shenanigan scheme".
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
SlobbaN
Banned User
And1: 459

Post#5 » by SlobbaN » Tue Dec 8, 2015 10:30 am

Lol, Silver couldn't fire Hinkie, so he forced the 76ers to hire Colangelo instead, nice.

Return to Wiretap Discussion