Al Jefferson Suspended Five Games For Drug Violation

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Al Jefferson Suspended Five Games For Drug Violation 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Dec 9, 2015 8:01 pm

Al Jefferson has received a five-game suspension for violating the NBA's Anti-Drug Program.

Via RealGM Staff Report

deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,864

Re: Al Jefferson Suspended Five Games For Drug Violation 

Post#2 » by deeps6x » Wed Dec 9, 2015 10:04 pm

Which drug?
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
amcfad27
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,564

Post#3 » by amcfad27 » Wed Dec 9, 2015 10:59 pm

Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,063

Post#4 » by Kobblehead » Wed Dec 9, 2015 11:23 pm

Such an informative wiretap.
Cicero
Junior
And1: 156

Post#5 » by Cicero » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:33 am

weed.
league/hick states of the US other than the few cool ones where it's legal or medical/ being lame as always. It's almost 2016 for christsakes :crazy: :lol: :roll:
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,848

Post#6 » by tmorgan » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:45 am

Didn't realize Popeye's was on the restricted list...
CHAMPi0N
Bench Warmer
And1: 86

Post#7 » by CHAMPi0N » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:01 am

Five games? What's the point? I mean come on... Either take a stance or let it slide.
LaRance
Bench Warmer
And1: 104

Post#8 » by LaRance » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:31 am

sports really need to stop suspending athletes for smoking weed. that's ridiculous. its not like its an enhancement drug
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,197

Post#9 » by Pickled Prunes » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:04 am

deeps6x wrote:Which drug?

It hasn't been released. He was asked specifically if it was weed and he responded with "I failed a drug test".
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#10 » by LApwnd » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:29 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:
deeps6x wrote:Which drug?

It hasn't been released. He was asked specifically if it was weed and he responded with "I failed a drug test".

Diet pills :D
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,528

Post#11 » by Furinkazan » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:32 am

effin noob is destroying my fantasy team was hoping he will play nice in the contract year but after sht he is pulling off I hope this dimwit will get vet minimum if anything
Darko Miliminutes
Analyst
And1: 425

Post#12 » by Darko Miliminutes » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:44 pm

Let me guess. Another fella improving his life with cannabis... :banghead:
Will you fools ever realize that when the cameras are on and the microphones are hot, they are Lying to you! Lying to illicit a prescribed reaction, to easier manipulate you.

Useful idiots!
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#13 » by Rated T By CBRA » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:50 pm

Cicero wrote:weed.
league/hick states of the US other than the few cool ones where it's legal or medical/ being lame as always. It's almost 2016 for christsakes :crazy: :lol: :roll:

Eh, even if it was "legalized" by the league I still think that players should avoid smoking it. Maybe other forms of ingestion if that's what they find amusing in their spare time, but inhaling the smoke could be detrimental to their conditioning, especially if they smoke regularly. Same issue with alcohol - even a little can have a huge effect on your physical well being and someone like Lawson has a bit too much on a regular basis...goodbye career.
Cicero
Junior
And1: 156

Post#14 » by Cicero » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:59 pm

Rated T By CBRA wrote:

Eh, even if it was "legalized" by the league I still think that players should avoid smoking it. Maybe other forms of ingestion if that's what they find amusing in their spare time, but inhaling the smoke could be detrimental to their conditioning, especially if they smoke regularly. Same issue with alcohol - even a little can have a huge effect on your physical well being and someone like Lawson has a bit too much on a regular basis...goodbye career.

That's a fine stance, but I feel like it's a little too invasive on player's lives to forbid them to consume any alcohol or marijuana. Certainly advocate them avoiding it, being professional athletes. Moderation in all things, absolutely, but it's not like the problem with Lawson was a "bit too much", the man is clearly an alcoholic.
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#15 » by Rated T By CBRA » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:21 pm

Cicero wrote:
Rated T By CBRA wrote:

That's a fine stance, but I feel like it's a little too invasive on player's lives to forbid them to consume any alcohol or marijuana. Certainly advocate them avoiding it, being professional athletes. Moderation in all things, absolutely, but it's not like the problem with Lawson was a "bit too much", the man is clearly an alcoholic.

Agreed, but if you're a regular smoker of the Mary Jane you know that there are lots of people who can't moderate their intake. It's 3-5 blunts a day (at the very minimum) or nothing. Not saying that everyone is like that but it could happen to an NBA player, much like abuse of alcohol...no right answer here. As always it will be up to the player to manage the consumption of herbs/booze.

Return to Wiretap Discussion