Thad Young, Brook Lopez Working On Recruiting Free Agents

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Thad Young, Brook Lopez Working On Recruiting Free Agents 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:40 am

For the Brooklyn Nets to become good in the short-term, they almost certainly will need to find success in free agency.

Thaddeus Young and Brook Lopez are already pitching the idea of playing in Brooklyn to free agents.

“We have some cap space going into free agency for ’16 so I think that’s the biggest key, just luring those free agents,” Young said after practice. “Me and Brook have been trying to talk to guys that we think we would want to play with and just get them to take a look at us.” 

Young wouldn’t say specifically who he’s talked to, but he seems to think the Nets can land “superstars.”

“With [Lopez and I] being guys that [came] up with some of the superstars in this league,” Young said. “And being in that good age group, which is the 27-, 28-, 26-year-old guys, [we're] trying to get some of those guys to come here.”

Kevin Durant is the most prominent free agent of the 2016 class.

Via Andy Vasquez/The Record

italbeans88
Junior
And1: 481

Re: Thad Young, Brook Lopez Working On Recruiting Free Agents 

Post#2 » by italbeans88 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:52 am

Lol
"Eddie Mush was a degenerate gambler. He was also the biggest loser in the whole world. They called him mush because everything he touched turned to mush."
rousa27
Sophomore
And1: 89

Post#3 » by rousa27 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:17 pm

I feel like Thad Young has been around forever yet he's only 27.
MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Post#4 » by MegaK » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:27 pm

All the Nets can do the next few years is sign free agents as they have no picks whatsoever. Danny Ainge must be laughing his ass off. Not only did he get a great deal of picks for end of life players but he got potential and most likely lottery picks for them. Can't believe how dumb the Nets are. They need to trade iso Joe as soon as possible for some picks and a couple of good players while they can. Although I'm not sure what team would be willing to take on his contract though. What a tough predicament the Nets are in these days.
pjiggz
Junior
And1: 25

Post#5 » by pjiggz » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:33 pm

They'll do a great job recruiting stars passed their prime for max contracts.

Return to Wiretap Discussion