Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:27 am

Joakim noah will undergo surgery on his left shoulder and miss the next four to six months.

The Chicago Bulls said in a news release that the shoulder dislocation was "reduced in the training room" Friday night and was evaluated at Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush in Chicago, where it was determined that he will undergo surgery to stabilize his left shoulder.

Noah may have played his final game with the Bulls as he will become a free agent in the offseason.

The Bulls figure to give more minutes to Bobby Portis in Noah's absence.

Via Nick Friedell/ESPN

rusoopE
Sixth Man
And1: 678

Re: 

Post#2 » by rusoopE » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:00 am

wow, 2013, 2014 allstar, all nba first team 2014, defensive player of the year 2014, now he'll leave the bulls for nothing. Hopefully he gets back on track!
"It's like 60 minutes on acid" - David Byrne

Vuc and Isaac supporter
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Re: Re: 

Post#3 » by luss54321 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:17 pm

rusoopE wrote:wow, 2013, 2014 allstar, all nba first team 2014, defensive player of the year 2014, now he'll leave the bulls for nothing. Hopefully he gets back on track!

Leaving for nothing isn't always a bad thing... It means 14 million in cap room for the Bulls. They're better off having their choice of FAs then taking a few scrubs in return for Noah.
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,890

Re: 

Post#4 » by deeps6x » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:02 pm

Yes, it may help in the long run, but lets be real here. The Bulls are in Win Now mode, and this just took out a significant player for the team.

Do they tank and miss the playoffs? Settle for 7th or 8th seed?

Sell assets and try for an uber tank, a 1 year uber tank, and try to get back into ECF contention a year later?

It will be interesting to watch as it plays out.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
CouchCoach
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: 

Post#5 » by CouchCoach » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:46 pm

The Bulls will be fine without Noah. And by fine I mean they won't change their plans, they will still finish second in the east and still wont make it to the finals. Don't get me wrong I really like Noah, but Fred Hoiberg has not used Noah correctly or effectively all year.
This really sucks for Noah and I hope he make a full recovery, and end up in a situation that either back with the bulls or another team that is able to use him to his full potential. Need to use hime like the Worriors are using Bogut, with the exception that Noah is better an can offer more than Bogut can.
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#6 » by MitchB3 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:20 pm

CouchCoach wrote:The Bulls will be fine without Noah. And by fine I mean they won't change their plans, they will still finish second in the east and still wont make it to the finals. Don't get me wrong I really like Noah, but Fred Hoiberg has not used Noah correctly or effectively all year.
This really sucks for Noah and I hope he make a full recovery, and end up in a situation that either back with the bulls or another team that is able to use him to his full potential. Need to use hime like the Worriors are using Bogut, with the exception that Noah is better an can offer more than Bogut can.

If you really think the Bulls will finish second in the east please tell me what you are smoking? The Cavs are going to finish #1 but as for who is finishing second? I'm giving it to the Heat because one they have the players and the coach to do so. As for the Bulls, this team is very inconsistent and hasn't been playing Bulls defense.

Now as for Noah, it fair to say that he might not return to the Bulls this season. Bulls management are doing everything they can to get rid of anyone that reminds them of Coach Thibs.
CouchCoach
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#7 » by CouchCoach » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:25 pm

If you really think the Bulls will finish second in the east please tell me what you are smoking? The Cavs are going to finish #1 but as for who is finishing second? I'm giving it to the Heat because one they have the players and the coach to do so. As for the Bulls, this team is very inconsistent and hasn't been playing Bulls defense.

Now as for Noah, it fair to say that he might not return to the Bulls this season. Bulls management are doing everything they can to get rid of anyone that reminds them of Coach Thibs.[/quote]

I think the Bulls will finish second, but if they finish third of fourth is don't really make any difference. At the end of the day they are still good enough to grid out wins. But again it doesn't matter because neither the bulls, Raps, Hawks or you "#2 Heat" are good enough to get out of the EAST over the Cavs in a 7 game series. Also agreed they haven't been playing their traditional Bulls defence, but thats because there 1. has been a coaching change and 2. (more importantly) went from Noah/Gasol with Gibson being the first big off the bench to Gasol/Mirotic with Noah coming off the bench. Gasol is an ok defender and Mirotic is a garbage defender by bulls standards. This is a different bulls team to last year even though the personnel hasn't changed too much.
realfung
Assistant Coach
And1: 44

Re: 

Post#8 » by realfung » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:38 pm

He is done as a Bull. 2014 -2016.....top to bottom.
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#9 » by Sam195 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:10 am

realfung wrote:He is done as a Bull. 2014 -2016.....top to bottom.

He's done for the season - I could see the bulls trade his contract to a team like the sixers who need to meet the salary cap floor inorder to cut payroll and avoid paying the luxury tax this year. Sixers or another team below the cap may just accept Noah's contract without an asset because he's injured and insurance is likely covering a huge chunk of his salary (around 80%). Bulls can't let Noah just hit ufa status and leave because he is not a fan of Hoiberg. Many teams with cap space from the new tv money will likely be ready to offer Noah a new contract in free agency. Bulls did a similar salary dump with Luol Deng's contract two seasons ago.
JCruz6
Junior
And1: 20

Post#10 » by JCruz6 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:58 pm

realfung wrote:He is done as a Bull. 2014 -2016.....top to bottom.

I can see him fitting in well in a Portland jersey.

Can also see him in New Orleans (with them rumored to be willing to unload Anderson & Gordon) or Charlotte (with Jefferson having his health issues and in contract year). Would make sense since both teams can potentially be in the playoffs.

I don't see Noah going to a team that isn't involved in the post season or the potential to be in one.

Return to Wiretap Discussion