Nikola Mirotic Admits Confidence Down

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Nikola Mirotic Admits Confidence Down 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:13 pm

Nikola Mirotic admitted his confidence is down this season.

"I had that experience a lot before and the only way to get it back is to work hard," he said. "And stay positive. I need to stay positive. I need to forget what happened yesterday, what happened last week. So (Friday) is another chance in Boston. I know I need to be strong."

Mirotic set the bar high for himself by averaging 20.8 points in March last season as a rookie with the Chicago Bulls.

"Today, I'm not scoring easy baskets. I'm not running like before," he said. "I'm not making those open 3s. I'm not doing things in the low post. But if I can do it last year in March, I can do it this year, too. It's a little bit confidence, a little bit more working out, and I think it will come soon."

Via Mike McGraw/Daily Herald

MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Re: Nikola Mirotic Admits Confidence Down 

Post#2 » by MitchB3 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:52 pm

It's understandable that his confidence may be down, however you need to understand not every game your number will be called. Just stay prepared and be patient and you will be reward, for example Jimmy Butler.
tayottt
Junior
And1: 275

Re: Nikola Mirotic Admits Confidence Down 

Post#3 » by tayottt » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:15 pm

I remember looking at tape of Mirotic 2-3 years ago and believing he would be the next Euro star. I still have no doubt. He's had two coaches in two years and his minutes have been an adventure.

Obviously he has played worse this season but his skill set is still top notch for a 4 in this league. Hopefully he will find himself in a better situation soon. It's got to be frustrating going from Euroleague MVP to a guy struggling to get 20 minutes a games as the 4th option on the Bulls.

Return to Wiretap Discussion