Cavs Resisted Long Push From LeBron's Camp To Hire Mark Jackson

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Cavs Resisted Long Push From LeBron's Camp To Hire Mark Jackson 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:20 am

Mark Jackson has been the preferred choice for LeBron James and Rich Paul since even before David Blatt coached his first game for the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2014.

Jackson had been fired by the Golden State Warriors and became a client of Klutch Sports knowing it would help him get in the good graces of James and Paul.

But the Cavaliers refused to hire Jackson as David Griffin was too knowledgeable of what happened during his tenure with the Warriors.

Griffin's job often consists of managing the demands of James' camp and the "volatility" of Dan Gilbert.

Tyronn Lue did his best to remain loyal to Blatt while also resisting overtures to join Klutch Sports. Lue remained the compromise choice for the Cavaliers and James' camp.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,197

Re: Cavs Resisted Long Push From LeBron's Camp To Hire Mark Jackson 

Post#2 » by Pickled Prunes » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:54 am

I agree... Tyronn Lue as head coach was a compromise. They may like him but do they respect him enough not to override his decisions?
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#3 » by keynote » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:22 am

We'll see. James is probably thinking: "Lue's arms are too short to box with me."
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 9,723

Post#4 » by Woodsanity » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:50 am

Lol Lebron....

Only the playoffs separate the true great ones and frauds.
WarriorsEFC
Rookie
And1: 1,111

Post#5 » by WarriorsEFC » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:31 am

hahaha Lebron.... Mark Jackson? Seriously?

Actually yeah I could see that... Mark Jackson is exactly what Lebron wants. A coach that does nothing but be buddy buddy with all the players, is incapable or running plays, has only 1 play in his playbook anyway which is ISO ball and get your best player to shoot. All the stuff Lebron would want in a coach.
73-9 - GTOAT.
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,758

Post#6 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:12 am

They are simply terrible personalities and that translates to their inferior their style of play. Too bad they didn't get Jackson, he's an idiot too.
almatic
Veteran
And1: 1,713

Post#7 » by almatic » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:45 am

WarriorsEFC wrote:hahaha Lebron.... Mark Jackson? Seriously?

Actually yeah I could see that... Mark Jackson is exactly what Lebron wants. A coach that does nothing but be buddy buddy with all the players, is incapable or running plays, has only 1 play in his playbook anyway which is ISO ball and get your best player to shoot. All the stuff Lebron would want in a coach.

I honestly think the only reason, or at least most of the reason, they want to bring Mark Jackson is to throw huge fuel into the fire of a potential Cavs-Warriors Finals Part 2. The media would have a frenzy with the storylines.
McKenna
Rookie
And1: 1,117

Post#8 » by McKenna » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:00 pm

almatic wrote:I honestly think the only reason, or at least most of the reason, they want to bring Mark Jackson is to throw huge fuel into the fire of a potential Cavs-Warriors Finals Part 2. The media would have a frenzy with the storylines.

As a business man, absolutely. It makes for great cinema.

I cannot fathom having that idiot Jackson at courtside. Even if it's exactly what Lebron wants.. some Daddy figure who clucks over his children, brings them closer to god and god rewards them with ISO ball that stalls against the best from the west.

**** that. No thank you.

Trade Love somewhere I can watch him play ball.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,682

Post#9 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:02 pm

glad to see lue finally get a shot. just sad it's under these dramatic circumstances.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#10 » by the_process » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:20 pm

Riiiiiiiiiight, LeBron... as if you had nothing to do with Blatt getting fired and Lue getting hired. :rofl:
mawbsta
Senior
And1: 46

Post#11 » by mawbsta » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:33 pm

"...Jackson had been fired by the Golden State Warriors and became a client of Klutch Sports knowing it would help him get in the good graces of James and Paul...."

baseless claims.
scandalous journalism.

Return to Wiretap Discussion