DeAndre Jordan Interviewed By NBA In Griffin Investigation

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

DeAndre Jordan Interviewed By NBA In Griffin Investigation 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:05 pm

DeAndre Jordan and Los Angeles Clippers assistant athletic trainer Joe Resendez were interviewed by the NBA in its investigation of Blake Griffin punching Matias Testi.

Jordan and Resendez were at dinner with Griffin and Matias Testi in Toronto when teasing became violent and Griffin punched Testi twice.

"Those guys are really close friends of mine, like brothers to me," Jordan said of Griffin and Testi, according to the newspaper.

Griffin broke his hand in the incident and will miss 4-6 weeks.

Doc Rivers said Griffin and Testi will be welcomed back to the team, with Griffin possibly attending Friday's game in Los Angeles against the Lakers.

Via Los Angeles Times (via ESPN)

dremill24
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Re: DeAndre Jordan Interviewed By NBA In Griffin Investigation 

Post#2 » by dremill24 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:08 pm

Must be nice to be able to assault a co-worker and be welcomed back immediately. We would all be fired But the rules are different for rich ****.
basketballbeans
Pro Prospect
And1: 397

Post#3 » by basketballbeans » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:58 pm

dremill24 wrote:Must be nice to be able to assault a co-worker and be welcomed back immediately. We would all be fired But the rules are different for rich ****.

I had a friend who got assaulted by a co-worker... and he (my friend) was the one who got canned, lmfao. That dude (the assaulter) and the manager were close friends, so what you expect?
Bruteque
Starter
And1: 1,176

Post#4 » by Bruteque » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:35 pm

He probably shouldn't have made fun of Griffin's equipement.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,269

Post#5 » by twix2500 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:47 pm

dremill24 wrote:Must be nice to be able to assault a co-worker and be welcomed back immediately. We would all be fired But the rules are different for rich ****.

What business have you worked in that will fire someone for getting into a fight with another employee outside of work?
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#6 » by Rated T By CBRA » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:13 pm

twix2500 wrote:

What business have you worked in that will fire someone for getting into a fight with another employee outside of work?

Didn't personally work there but I know that Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear recently got fired for similar shenanigans, and he's a huge public figure in the car-enthusiast industry. I don't see Griffin losing his contract or being "fired" but there should be some sort of punishment for that type of ****. Game suspensions without pay? Mandatory community service? BS courses on workplace safety & teamwork? I don't know...but a half-assed Tweet doesn't show for much. I guess they are afraid to punish him because it will be close to playoff time once his injury heals?
Phureal
Sophomore
And1: 142

Post#7 » by Phureal » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:56 pm

Bruteque wrote:He probably shouldn't have made fun of Griffin's equipement.

:lol:
dremill24
Analyst

Post#8 » by dremill24 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:13 pm

twix2500 wrote:

Kind of a gray area when dealing with salary-based employees, no? I mean is Griffin only "on the clock" when the Clipps have a game? What if they're at a "teambuilding" type event that isn't practice or a game? Is that outside of work? You don't punch in and punch out on salary, these guys could be "working" at any hour of the day.

I don't necessarily know the answers to these questions, just saying that it probably isn't that black-and-white.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#9 » by twix2500 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:35 pm

Rated T By CBRA wrote:
twix2500 wrote:

Didn't personally work there but I know that Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear recently got fired for similar shenanigans, and he's a huge public figure in the car-enthusiast industry. I don't see Griffin losing his contract or being "fired" but there should be some sort of punishment for that type of ****. Game suspensions without pay? Mandatory community service? BS courses on workplace safety & teamwork? I don't know...but a half-assed Tweet doesn't show for much. I guess they are afraid to punish him because it will be close to playoff time once his injury heals?

You mention public figures are held to a different standard. Their job is to uphold a certain image to the public. But the common work place employers do not get involved in what happens in a person private life, as much as possible. If you worked in a call center and get into a fight with another co-worker outside of work. They will not do anything about it unless it spills over to the workplace. Griffin may get suspended or fined by the Clips. But much of the investigation will be to make sure there was nothing job related. The only real reason for Griffin to be fined is being involved in a situation that caused Griffin or the other coworker to miss work. "Conduct detrimental to the team"

All businesses an incident like this will happen. I have witness many incidents at my workplace that involve coworkers and the company will never get involved unless it spilled over at the workplace. I have broken up women fighting over an ipod, and young man who lost it at work suffering from his mother just passing away, all incidents at the workplace. These incidents concluded with the employees being fired. I have witness employees, supervisor and other managers get in fights at bars and lounges, at at homes during gatherings but none it spilled over to the work place and nothing was done by employer. These were Things happen between adults and if they resolve it in a professional manner than why should we be all up in arms. The only public apology that Griffin should do is to the fans for missing games. How Griffin and the employee handle their situation is on them, it really has nothing to do with us. Because it had nothing to do with the JOB.
twix2500
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: DeAndre Jordan Interviewed By NBA In Griffin Investigation 

Post#10 » by twix2500 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:00 pm

dremill24 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:

Kind of a gray area when dealing with salary-based employees, no? I mean is Griffin only "on the clock" when the Clipps have a game? What if they're at a "teambuilding" type event that isn't practice or a game? Is that outside of work? You don't punch in and punch out on salary, these guys could be "working" at any hour of the day.

I don't necessarily know the answers to these questions, just saying that it probably isn't that black-and-white.

If it was a team or organization function then the organization has to deal with the incident. But this was on personal time an incident that involved personal matters. If either person didn't have to miss time from work why would the clips or the league have any responsibility to do anything (especially no law was broken).

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
dremill24
Analyst

Post#11 » by dremill24 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:13 am

twix2500 wrote:
dremill24 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:

If it was a team or organization function then the organization has to deal with the incident. But this was on personal time an incident that involved personal matters. If either person didn't have to miss time from work why would the clips or the league have any responsibility to do anything (especially no law was broken).

Is assault no longer a crime?
twix2500
RealGM

Post#12 » by twix2500 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:17 am

dremill24 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
dremill24 wrote:

Is assault no longer a crime?

If he doesn't press any charges its not a crime. How many family members get into a fight. How many friends get into a fight. Just because someone gets into a fight doesn't mean an arrest needs to occur. The first thing an officer will say is, do you want to press charges. And if you say no than nothing can be done about it. These are two friends that had a disagreement and it led to a fight.
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,242

Post#13 » by TimRobbins » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:05 am

The one thing I know is that the equipment manager should be getting a 7-figure check from the Clippers/Griffin. This should not go by without Griffin paying and apologizing.
ChosunX
Banned User
And1: 692

Post#14 » by ChosunX » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:08 am

TimRobbins wrote:The one thing I know is that the equipment manager should be getting a 7-figure check from the Clippers/Griffin. This should not go by without Griffin paying and apologizing.

look if he does not feel sorry i hope he does not apologize. The NBA is not kindergarten.
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,242

Post#15 » by TimRobbins » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:15 am

ChosunX wrote:
TimRobbins wrote:The one thing I know is that the equipment manager should be getting a 7-figure check from the Clippers/Griffin. This should not go by without Griffin paying and apologizing.

look if he does not feel sorry i hope he does not apologize. The NBA is not kindergarten.

This has nothing to do with the NBA. This is about one (vastly physically stronger) employee attacking another.
ChosunX
Banned User
And1: 692

Post#16 » by ChosunX » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:18 am

TimRobbins wrote:
ChosunX wrote:

This has nothing to do with the NBA. This is about one (vastly physically stronger) employee attacking another.

So if he does not feel guilty we still need a fake apology? I don't need fake apologies from anyone.

Return to Wiretap Discussion