Raptors Have Held Talks On Kenneth Faried, Thaddeus Young

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Raptors Have Held Talks On Kenneth Faried, Thaddeus Young 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:38 pm

The Toronto Raptors have emerged as the best threat to the Cleveland Cavaliers in the Eastern Conference and have been active in searching for an upgrade at power forward.

The Raptors, sources say, have had exploratory discussions to gauge the possibility of acquiring Denver's Kenneth Faried, Brooklyn's Thaddeus Young and the Phoenix duo of Markieff Morris and P.J. Tucker.

Young re-signed with the Nets in the 2015 offseason.

The Raptors own the New York Knicks' first round pick in addition to their own, which can be used in a trade.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN

spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,831

Re: Raptors Have Held Talks On Kenneth Faried, Thaddeus Young 

Post#2 » by spree2kawhi » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:44 pm

They should go hard after Morris or use the pick.
King Close
Pro Prospect
And1: 747

Post#3 » by King Close » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:31 pm

basketboule wrote:They should go hard after Morris or use the pick.

It'd be super easy to get Morris right about now, he's showing how much of a headcase he is - and his value has been going down, and down. And it has officially hit its all time low, they'll probably have to give up something to get rid of him.
TOR_97
Starter
And1: 2,660

Post#4 » by TOR_97 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:06 pm

Noooooo, Thad Young and Faried will ruin this team's floor spacing. They can't create or score outside of the paint. Kieff and Tucker please!
koogiking
Veteran
And1: 1,080

Post#5 » by koogiking » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:01 pm

Thad Young on this team would be dangerous. In transition they'd be even more unstoppable
DJ3thenew23
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Post#6 » by DJ3thenew23 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:29 pm

TOR_97 wrote:Noooooo, Thad Young and Faried will ruin this team's floor spacing. They can't create or score outside of the paint. Kieff and Tucker please!

Thad Young can shoot tho. Nto 3's, but mid-range pretty well.
zeebo wrote:Is winning championships really that important?

olive_triangurl wrote:If i had to meet LeBron i'd go straight to the hypnotist to get my conscious memory wiped afterward (sadly it'd still be in my subconscious memory, as everything is, even past lives).
LaRance
Bench Warmer
And1: 104

Post#7 » by LaRance » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:50 pm

TOR_97 wrote:Noooooo, Thad Young and Faried will ruin this team's floor spacing. They can't create or score outside of the paint. Kieff and Tucker please!

:-? Thad young cant score outside the paint?? who lied to you. you must be watching a different ball player. I think young would be the best pick out of him, moriss and faried
jlokine
Analyst
And1: 3,934

Post#8 » by jlokine » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:56 am

i hope they keep the knick's pick.. need something to build from if DD walks followed by lowry. especially if they try to bring wiggins here.
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#9 » by MitchB3 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:30 am

LaRance wrote:

:-? Thad young cant score outside the paint?? who lied to you. you must be watching a different ball player. I think young would be the best pick out of him, moriss and faried

I believe, Faried would be the best fit for this team. One- he's developing a good mid-range. 2- He provides energy and can be the glue to the team. 3- He's a solid defender, he's not a shot-blocker, but he get it done.
kenwood3333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,196

Post#10 » by kenwood3333 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:57 am

I don't think those 2 will have much impact on the Raptors. What they need is a big man who can anchor the interior defense. Someone like a DeAndre Jordan. A more realistic trade option will be Tyson Chandler and Morris + filler for Valanciunas + picks. Valanciunas is a good fundamental center but he has been under utilized by the Raptors. Phoenix is in a rebuilding mode so a young prospect and picks will help that process. Chandler is old but he still has 1 or 2 years left and Raptors is in the win now mode. Morris is a head case but a solid rotational player when he is in the right situation. Valanciunas gets a new opportunity to prove his worth.
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,928

Post#11 » by Reeko » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:07 am

kenwood3333 wrote:I don't think those 2 will have much impact on the Raptors. What they need is a big man who can anchor the interior defense. Someone like a DeAndre Jordan. A more realistic trade option will be Tyson Chandler and Morris + filler for Valanciunas + picks. Valanciunas is a good fundamental center but he has been under utilized by the Raptors. Phoenix is in a rebuilding mode so a young prospect and picks will help that process. Chandler is old but he still has 1 or 2 years left and Raptors is in the win now mode. Morris is a head case but a solid rotational player when he is in the right situation. Valanciunas gets a new opportunity to prove his worth.

So the Raptors should trade their 5th pick in the 2011 draft and ever improving Center who is 23 years old + a lottery pick, for Chandler an aging center past his prime, and Morris a certified head case albeit young and talented. Valanciunas doesn't need a new opportunity to prove his worth the Raptors and its fan base know how good he is, I think that was proven by the considerable contract extension they gave him before the beginning of the season.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
rocafelton
Freshman
And1: 9

Post#12 » by rocafelton » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:18 am

kenwood3333 wrote:I don't think those 2 will have much impact on the Raptors. What they need is a big man who can anchor the interior defense. Someone like a DeAndre Jordan. A more realistic trade option will be Tyson Chandler and Morris + filler for Valanciunas + picks. Valanciunas is a good fundamental center but he has been under utilized by the Raptors. Phoenix is in a rebuilding mode so a young prospect and picks will help that process. Chandler is old but he still has 1 or 2 years left and Raptors is in the win now mode. Morris is a head case but a solid rotational player when he is in the right situation. Valanciunas gets a new opportunity to prove his worth.

Holy hell. David Kahn, is that you?
mawbsta
Senior
And1: 46

Post#13 » by mawbsta » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:28 am

obvious Suns fan:)
Fellow72
Junior
And1: 141

Post#14 » by Fellow72 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:06 am

Lets be real guys. Faried is a bench player. One who should be heavily in the rotation might I add, but overall there are quite a few teams he wouldn't start on, especially since he hasn't grown as much as people thought he would. The day he eventually leaves Nuggets, will be the day people will start to realize this. He really won't have that much of an impact on the Raptors.

Thaddeus on the other had would be a good thing. him and Markeif I can see being fine additions to the style of play Raptors has. ALthough, Thaddeus will need to regain some of his shooting touch, but he would definitely be an improvement.
Jedbush54
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#15 » by Jedbush54 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:17 am

MitchB3 wrote:
LaRance wrote:

I believe, Faried would be the best fit for this team. One- he's developing a good mid-range. 2- He provides energy and can be the glue to the team. 3- He's a solid defender, he's not a shot-blocker, but he get it done.

Plain n simple THADDY THADDEUS everyone else ain't gonna work's..... Bigg ptp(PRIME TIME PLAYER)
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#16 » by MitchB3 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:07 am

Jedbush54 wrote:
MitchB3 wrote:
LaRance wrote:

Plain n simple THADDY THADDEUS everyone else ain't gonna work's..... Bigg ptp(PRIME TIME PLAYER)

Thaddeus Young is a very inconsistent player, so how would that even work?
BirdmanPresents
Analyst
And1: 799

Post#17 » by BirdmanPresents » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:01 pm

mawbsta wrote:

obvious Suns fan:)

Has the audacity to add the "and picks" to Valanciunas :lol:
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#18 » by Rated T By CBRA » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:49 pm

realistic trade option will be Tyson Chandler and Morris + filler for Valanciunas + pick

realistic trade option

hahahahahahaha :crazy: :noway: :banghead:
bj2323
Junior
And1: 31

Post#19 » by bj2323 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:17 pm

Rated T By CBRA wrote:

realistic trade option will be Tyson Chandler and Morris + filler for Valanciunas + pick

realistic trade option

hahahahahahaha :crazy: :noway: :banghead:

MAYBE for Dwight Howard or Blake Griffin... but Tyson Chandler? lol
...Also why would the Raptors want to bring in a headcase like Morris to jeopardize that team chemistry?
I likes sports
Jedbush54
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#20 » by Jedbush54 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:46 am

MitchB3 wrote:
Jedbush54 wrote:
MitchB3 wrote:

Thaddeus Young is a very inconsistent player, so how would that even work?

Simple....... FLOOR SPACING I mean plenty of it just remember when he first came in the league with 76's they were a pretty well offense with Iggy slashing for a pass from the outside that thaddeus young because u has to respect him n his slashing ability

Return to Wiretap Discussion