Anderson Varejao Agree To Sign With Warriors

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Anderson Varejao Agree To Sign With Warriors 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:29 am

Anderson Varejao has reached agreement with the Golden State Warriors.

Varejao was waived by the Portland Trail Blazers after his trade by the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Via Shams Charania/The Vertical

Vibranium
Rookie
And1: 1,938

Re: Anderson Varejao Agree To Sign With Warriors 

Post#2 » by Vibranium » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:35 am

Read on Twitter
LaRance
Bench Warmer
And1: 104

Post#3 » by LaRance » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:36 am

So Varejao gets abandoned by the Cavs and potentially wins a championship lol nice
miltk
Lead Assistant
And1: 751

Post#4 » by miltk » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:57 am

part of me says yes to the irony and that lebron is not a savior
Pedro
Senior
And1: 58

Post#5 » by Pedro » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:06 am

LaRance wrote:So Varejao gets abandoned by the Cavs and potentially wins a championship lol nice

Ya gotta love it! I can only further hope for Varejao sealing a game against the Cavs in the finals... if the Cavs get there. Im still hoping for a longshot series loss against Boston.
Pedro
Senior
And1: 58

Post#6 » by Pedro » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:14 am

VYoungJrIII wrote:Image

Soon? Only if he had stayed wearing that Heat uniform. Then again, they may luck out on a good return when they trade Love in the offseason.
McKenna
Rookie
And1: 1,117

Post#7 » by McKenna » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:35 am

Cavs successfully get one of their own inside the Warriors team. Now to bring them down from within..
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 363

Post#8 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:58 am

Varejao is the mole for Cavs...darn, floppin' mole..
12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Post#9 » by 12footrim » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:07 am

Much more appropriate contract.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#10 » by br7knicks » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:45 am

part of me hopes lebron never makes the playoffs anymore.

but most of me hopes lebron keeps making the finals then losing it in the 7th game every year. i hope varejao wins the 7th game with the last second bucket every time for as long as lebron is playing
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
jimmygreenland
Freshman
And1: 22

Post#11 » by jimmygreenland » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:13 pm

br7knicks wrote:part of me hopes lebron never makes the playoffs anymore.

All of me hopes he never makes the playoffs anymore - let alone one single game in this league.

br7knicks wrote:but most of me hopes lebron keeps making the finals then losing it in the 7th game every year. i hope varejao wins the 7th game with the last second bucket every time for as long as lebron is playing

Yes, but getting to the finals would mean he'd continue getting the over-abundance of TV exposure.
Plutonashfan
Analyst
And1: 3,131

Post#12 » by Plutonashfan » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:39 pm

Some big time losers posting on this thread, hater going hate while they chill in their moms basement I suppose
The Champ is HERE!!!
castor777
Senior
And1: 110

Post#13 » by castor777 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:53 pm

Plutonashfan wrote:Some big time losers posting on this thread, hater going hate while they chill in their moms basement I suppose

Don't worry, these are the same fools that said the same crap about Kobe for the past 10 years, only to be first in line wearing his jerseys and wanting to blow him on his farewell tour. This is how empty their lives are, kind of feel sorry for them.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#14 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:40 pm

He'll be the first (with the exception of Curry) to bring a ring to Akron.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Post#15 » by MegaK » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:46 pm

jimmygreenland wrote:

All of me hopes he never makes the playoffs anymore - let alone one single game in this league.

br7knicks wrote:but most of me hopes lebron keeps making the finals then losing it in the 7th game every year. i hope varejao wins the 7th game with the last second bucket every time for as long as lebron is playing

Yes, but getting to the finals would mean he'd continue getting the over-abundance of TV exposure.

Guys, Lebron has already won. The dude is going to be the first Billionaire Basketball player after Jordan, he's won 2 chips already, his charity is funding the education of over 1,100 Akron children including college, and anything he gets from this moment on is gravy. Dude is first ballet hall of fame status and is a top 10 all time player. The only thing he wants to do now is bring a championship home to Cleveland as that is the only way Cleveland will get a chance to taste a championship any time soon in any major sport. Not sure why there is so much hate for that, Lebron could easily play for any team he wants but chose to go back to Cleveland for the love of his hometown. I can't remember that last Superstar athlete that gave back as much as Lebron does and handled himself as well as Lebron does.
Legend Of Chim
Junior
And1: 677

Post#16 » by Legend Of Chim » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:00 pm

MegaK wrote:
jimmygreenland wrote:

Guys, Lebron has already won. The dude is going to be the first Billionaire Basketball player after Jordan, he's won 2 chips already, his charity is funding the education of over 1,100 Akron children including college, and anything he gets from this moment on is gravy. Dude is first ballet hall of fame status and is a top 10 all time player. The only thing he wants to do now is bring a championship home to Cleveland as that is the only way Cleveland will get a chance to taste a championship any time soon in any major sport. Not sure why there is so much hate for that, Lebron could easily play for any team he wants but chose to go back to Cleveland for the love of his hometown. I can't remember that last Superstar athlete that gave back as much as Lebron does and handled himself as well as Lebron does.

Lebron had several reasons for going back to Cleveland but the one you mentioned was probably the lowest on his list. Clevaland picked up the number 1 pick again....(3rd time in 4 years) and had Andrew Wiggins to trade for Kevin Love. Miami's two big stars was getting older and just came from the worst defeat in finals history at the hands of the Spurs. Lebron wasnt winning with that team anymore so he chose Cleveland instead. im sure theres a part of him that still loves his hometown but the main reason he left was because he could build a better team in Cleveland then he could in Miami at the time
jimmygreenland
Freshman
And1: 22

Post#17 » by jimmygreenland » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:27 pm

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:He'll be the first (with the exception of Curry) to bring a ring to Akron.

I'd much prefer him not to bring a ring.
McKenna
Rookie
And1: 1,117

Post#18 » by McKenna » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:He'll be the first (with the exception of Curry) to bring a ring to Akron.

Lebron brought two rings and finals MVP's back to Akron before Curry did.
br7knicks

Post#19 » by br7knicks » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:29 pm

MegaK wrote:
jimmygreenland wrote:

He won a championship? We talking about the same lebron?
RIP, magnumt '19

br7knicks

Post#20 » by br7knicks » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:33 pm

If he wanted to win a ring for Cleveland that badly, why didn't he try between 2010 and 2014? 4 years of being in his prime would've been a good time to do so.
RIP, magnumt '19

Return to Wiretap Discussion