James Harden Pushed For Rockets To Fire Kevin McHale

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

James Harden Pushed For Rockets To Fire Kevin McHale 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:04 pm

James Harden pushed for the Houston Rockets to fire Kevin McHale at the start of this season.

The Rockets fired McHale after a 4-7 start to the season despite reaching the Western Conference Finals last season.

Harden has since angled for the Rockets to trade away Dwight Howard.

"It's really bad for the locker room dynamic," a person familiar with the situation told CBS Sports. "If everybody knows that James Harden can fire you or trade you, are you going to pass the ball to Dwight or are you going to pass the ball to James Harden?"

Via Ken Berger/CBS Sports

LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Re: James Harden Pushed For Rockets To Fire Kevin McHale 

Post#2 » by LordBaldric » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:21 pm

What is this guy's problem?
Mystereevan
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#3 » by Mystereevan » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:23 pm

All rumors at this point. Can't put a lot of stock in this. Honestly, I don't believe it cuz I don't think Harden even cares about winning enough to pay attention to who his coach or teammates are. He just plays to get paid.
Pukovnik
Senior
And1: 168

Post#4 » by Pukovnik » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:24 pm

More and more I read about Harden, its more and more I dislike this guy. I remember couple of years ago when some players on the Rockets team spoke about clans inside the lockeroom....like "you don't eat with Howard and Harden, its those two and then the rest of us on the other table"....then we hear how he tried to get Howard traded from the Rockets and now this.

He is just a bad individual.
minimalist1972
Senior
And1: 167

Post#5 » by minimalist1972 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:37 pm

Pukovnik wrote:More and more I read about Harden, its more and more I dislike this guy. I remember couple of years ago when some players on the Rockets team spoke about clans inside the lockeroom....like "you don't eat with Howard and Harden, its those two and then the rest of us on the other table"....then we hear how he tried to get Howard traded from the Rockets and now this.

I think it was Motiejunas who said that about Harden and Howard, that there is a kind of class-system in Houston. This is basically what happens when you prioritize superstars, as Morey has done repeatedly, and go strictly by the numbers, which, of course, is what Morey is all about.
DIRK DIKEMBE IS THE CEILING!
Id420
Starter
And1: 9

Post#6 » by Id420 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:56 pm

Harden is a garbage player whose game involves running into people and Appealing for a foul. This punk ass piece of **** wouldn't even make it off the bench if the NBA would come to its senses and bring back handchecking and restore the old illegal defense rules.

Harden has been exposed and will never win another playoff series again, unless he winds up on the deep bench of a contender.
Somewhat relatedly, a criticism I would make of Stotts is that he's gotten away from the 3point attempt too much. - Epicurus
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#7 » by likashing » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:54 pm

Well, Kobe got Shaq traded after 3 rings, 3 Finals MVP, and 1 MVP from Shaq. He was labelled as wanting to win. Why is Harden the villain now trying to get Dwight traded, who had achieved nothing.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,972

Post#8 » by K_chile22 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:00 am

minimalist1972 wrote:
Pukovnik wrote:More and more I read about Harden, its more and more I dislike this guy. I remember couple of years ago when some players on the Rockets team spoke about clans inside the lockeroom....like "you don't eat with Howard and Harden, its those two and then the rest of us on the other table"....then we hear how he tried to get Howard traded from the Rockets and now this.

I think it was Motiejunas who said that about Harden and Howard, that there is a kind of class-system in Houston. This is basically what happens when you prioritize superstars, as Morey has done repeatedly, and go strictly by the numbers, which, of course, is what Morey is all about.

Motiejunas didn't say that. He said he doesn't eat much with them because he doesn't like American food. I believe the interview was in Lithuanian and was translated incorrectly. Dmo came out and Said that he didn't say that at all.

Also all sources close to the team such as the beat writer, Calvin Watkins has said these aren't true and just rumors. He also said Dwight and Harden don't get along all the time but their relationship having problems is overblown.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,972

Post#9 » by K_chile22 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:02 am

RealGM Wiretap wrote: "If everybody knows that James Harden can fire you or trade you, are you going to pass the ball to Dwight or are you going to pass the ball to James Harden?"Via Ken Berger/CBS Sports

If this part were true wouldn't Dwight be off the team right now? Him and Harden have been very supportive of each other as of late and communicating better than they have all season. Wouldn't the opposite be true if this report were true?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#10 » by MaxRider » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:11 am

LordBaldric wrote:What is this guy's problem?

learning how to be a superstar
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 151

Post#11 » by MitchB3 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:18 am

And this is why not every player should get that power; you are basically creating a dictatorship and when everything is going bad, instead of trying to fix the problem you are forced to succumb to the player which isn't right.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,104

Post#12 » by Twinkie defense » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:30 am

K_chile22 wrote:
RealGM Wiretap wrote: "If everybody knows that James Harden can fire you or trade you, are you going to pass the ball to Dwight or are you going to pass the ball to James Harden?"Via Ken Berger/CBS Sports

If this part were true wouldn't Dwight be off the team right now?

No, because nobody wants to trade for Big Puddin'

What a joke that Harden thought he should have been MVP last season. MVC maybe (most voluminous chucker), or LVD (least valuable defender) :D
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,799

Post#13 » by Ballerhogger » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:36 am

MaxRider wrote:
LordBaldric wrote:What is this guy's problem?

learning how to be a superstar

Which he can't do
gerrit4
Head Coach
And1: 3,197

Post#14 » by gerrit4 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:48 am

Wasn't Harden the guy who told Scott Brooks "don't start me, we're doing great with me coming off the bench" 5 years ago? Has he completely changed, or is it just the media's perception of him?
malgus
Rookie
And1: 116

Post#15 » by malgus » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:50 am

James Harden's Ego runs the Rockets. He feels like everything else on the Rockets is just noise to James Harden's greatness.
cw3k
Bench Warmer
And1: 503

Post#16 » by cw3k » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:18 am

likashing wrote:Well, Kobe got Shaq traded after 3 rings, 3 Finals MVP, and 1 MVP from Shaq. He was labelled as wanting to win. Why is Harden the villain now trying to get Dwight traded, who had achieved nothing.

Kobe never flop for of his scores.

Beside, if Kobe put his ego away, Shaq/Kobe would have broke MJ two 3 peaks and have more rings than MJ.

Phil would title his book 13 rings or something
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,478

Post#17 » by Slava » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:46 am

likashing wrote:Well, Kobe got Shaq traded after 3 rings, 3 Finals MVP, and 1 MVP from Shaq. He was labelled as wanting to win. Why is Harden the villain now trying to get Dwight traded, who had achieved nothing.

You answered your own question.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
alienpick
Starter
And1: 620

Post#18 » by alienpick » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:22 am

Shaq demanded the trade. He wasn't happy about being asked to take a pay cut on his next contract by Buss, the release/firing of Phil Jackson, and also the GM favoring Kobe. It wasn't just Kobe trying to get Shaq out, it was a lot of things that Shaq wasn't happy about with the Lakers. Kobe has even said on record that if Shaq hadn't asked for a trade, there was already a deal in place for Kobe to be traded to Chicago. The trade would have gone through had Shaq not come and demanded a trade.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Post#19 » by tmorgan » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:18 am

Harden seems to have more than a little in common with Rondo. Both were fine as underlings on contenders, but once handed the keys they turned into surly little bitches that have trouble with management, teammates, and a bad attitude in general.
King Close
Pro Prospect
And1: 747

Post#20 » by King Close » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:23 am

"If everybody knows that James Harden can fire you or trade you, are you going to pass the ball to Dwight or are you going to pass the ball to James Harden?"

I'm passing it to everyone, and anyone NOT named James Harden so I can get the hell out of that mess.

Return to Wiretap Discussion