Pau Gasol Prefers To Re-Sign With Bulls

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Pau Gasol Prefers To Re-Sign With Bulls 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Mar 3, 2016 4:30 pm

Pau Gasol says he will opt for free agency this offseason but the Chicago Bulls remain his preferred option.

"I do not like talking about the future," said Gasol. "We'll see what happens. The Bull's door is open because I will exercise my option contract and be a free agent, and Chicago will always be my first choice. I do not know how hard the franchise might try to keep me. I know I gave up a better deal economically to be on a team with the chance to win a ring. 

"If this situation does not occur, I have to value other things. Of course the most important thing is not money, as I also want my game to be appreciated."

The Bulls discussed a trade at the deadline with the Sacramento Kings.

Via Marca.com

luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Re: Pau Gasol Prefers To Re-Sign With Bulls 

Post#2 » by luss54321 » Thu Mar 3, 2016 4:33 pm

Nooooooo please do not resign Pau!

I know his numbers look great, but if you watch this man play, he's single handedly destroyed the Bulls defense, toughness, and hustle. He'll be 36 next year... it's time to start thinking about the future.
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Post#3 » by Bentley1225 » Thu Mar 3, 2016 4:47 pm

Im assuming he's going to want a 3 year deal around $40-45 million as he gave the Bulls a relative discount last 2 seasons.
DarthDiggler69
General Manager
And1: 2,368

Post#4 » by DarthDiggler69 » Thu Mar 3, 2016 4:47 pm

As a Bulls fan I'll just say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Bring back Noah instead
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 187

Post#5 » by puja21 » Thu Mar 3, 2016 5:24 pm

DarthDiggler69 wrote:As a Bulls fan I'll just say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Bring back Noah instead

Noah is gone -- teams like Boston and LA are going to throw $$$ at Noah/Horford, maybe both
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#6 » by donaldtrump_00 » Thu Mar 3, 2016 5:55 pm

Find me another player who gives us 17 and 11 with 4 assist and two blks. Yea that's exactly what I thought. There no other player on his salary that is capable of that. Bulls fans need to shut the hell up and except that one bad flaw he has
2Chainz
Sixth Man
And1: 1,010

Post#7 » by 2Chainz » Thu Mar 3, 2016 8:30 pm

donaldtrump_00 wrote:Find me another player who gives us 17 and 11 with 4 assist and two blks. Yea that's exactly what I thought. There no other player on his salary that is capable of that. Bulls fans need to shut the hell up and except that one bad flaw he has

That flaw is killing the Bulls. His numbers are pretty but he more than gives it back on defense
"My wrist deserve a shout-out, I'm like "What up, wrist?"/My stove deserve a shout-out, I'm like "What up, stove?""
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#8 » by Jvaughn » Fri Mar 4, 2016 4:57 am

DarthDiggler69 wrote:As a Bulls fan I'll just say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Bring back Noah instead

Let both of them walk. I appreciate what they've done, but they're not getting any younger (or healthier in Noah's case) so it's time to move on.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#9 » by donaldtrump_00 » Fri Mar 4, 2016 5:23 am

2Chainz wrote:
donaldtrump_00 wrote:Find me another player who gives us 17 and 11 with 4 assist and two blks. Yea that's exactly what I thought. There no other player on his salary that is capable of that. Bulls fans need to shut the hell up and except that one bad flaw he has

That flaw is killing the Bulls. His numbers are pretty but he more than gives it back on defense

OK resign Noah and let pau walk. Then what happens? Oh we seen this movie before. Noah gets hurt again. Yea smart move. Then to make it worse Gasol is gone and bairstow is the official starter. But that seems to not be a problem. Long as our best big is gone. But wait then we have Portis. Wait... he sucks on defense to. Hold up... Mirotic. He sucks to on defense. Bulls fans cry to much. There is no young talented players coming in or stepping up. Resign pau and shut up. Put cheap defensive centers and pf's around him. Don't give up a player who is very beneficial to rose and butler.
e_l_f_o
Junior
And1: 143

Post#10 » by e_l_f_o » Tue Mar 8, 2016 1:59 pm

Rejecting Pau and signing Noah.. LOL
Llull, Llull, Llull!!

Return to Wiretap Discussion