Jimmy Butler Seeks 2nd Opinion On Knee From Dr. James Andrews

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 296

Jimmy Butler Seeks 2nd Opinion On Knee From Dr. James Andrews 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Mar 9, 2016 6:43 pm

Jimmy Butler is visiting James Andrews to get a second opinion on his knee.

Fred Hoiberg said the swelling has subsided enough in Butler's knee for him to get a workout in late Tuesday and also get up some shots during Wednesday's light practice.

"He’s just got a little bit of pain on the back of that knee and we just want to be safe with it," Hoiberg said.

Hoiberg said it was Butler's idea to seek the second opinion.

"Everybody agrees that it’s a good idea to go down there and just get an opinion from one of the top doctors in the world," Hoiberg said.

The Bulls said the latest exam from their own team physician, Brian Cole, revealed nothing structurally wrong with the knee.

Via K.C. Johnson/Chicago Tribune

Scoe63
Freshman
And1: 15

Re: Jimmy Butler Seeks 2nd Opinion On Knee From Dr. James Andrews 

Post#2 » by Scoe63 » Wed Mar 9, 2016 8:56 pm

Knowing Kawi Leonard was waiting shut down my isolation game and expose me on National television would cause me knee pain also.

Smart move for Butler to miss this matchup.
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#3 » by luss54321 » Wed Mar 9, 2016 9:23 pm

Scoe63 wrote:Knowing Kawi Leonard was waiting shut down my isolation game and expose me on National television would cause me knee pain also.

How did that work out for SA the last time they playued Chicago? NOT SO WELL.
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#4 » by donaldtrump_00 » Wed Mar 9, 2016 11:49 pm

Scoe63 wrote:Knowing Kawi Leonard was waiting shut down my isolation game and expose me on National television would cause me knee pain also.

Jimmy Butler is a better player then kawi leonard. When I watch the spurs play I see kawi posting up alot and shooting threes and he's a deadly clutch player. But Jimmy can post up has better handles, better passer while kawi seems to be slightly above Jimmy on defense. Get more steals. They both strong and can jump very good. I just think Jimmy has more room to grow despite being older then kawi. After seeing improve more this season from last year I'm sure he's not finished developing I can see Jimmy becoming a much better shooter as he ages. I'd love to see Bulls vs spurs in the finals. Don't know if it will be this year the way it's looking but that match up will be huge. Plus Bulls match up with the spurs great. With parker,manu,Duncan being older it gives chi a chance to beat them.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,825

Post#5 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:21 am

Bulls routinly beat the Spurs and generally play well against top teams.
Scoe63
Freshman
And1: 15

Post#6 » by Scoe63 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:02 pm

"Bulls...". Yes.

Jimmy Butler not so much.

Return to Wiretap Discussion