LeBron James Would Like To Team Up With Carmelo, CP3, Wade Before Retiring

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

LeBron James Would Like To Team Up With Carmelo, CP3, Wade Before Retiring 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:44 am

LeBron James admitted he would love to play on an NBA team alongside Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul and Dwyane Wade at the same time before his career is over.

James played four seasons with Wade and Chris Bosh as members of the Miami Heat.

"I really hope that, before our career is over, we can all play together," James said. "At least one, maybe one or two seasons—me, Melo, D-Wade, CP—we can get a year in. I would actually take a pay cut to do that."

James has been on a series of one-plus-one contracts with the Cavaliers. Wade will also be a free agent this offseason, while Paul will be eligible in 2017 with an early termination option and Anthony has an early termination option in 2018.

"It would be pretty cool," James said. "I've definitely had thoughts about it."

Via Howard Beck/Bleacher Report

kacey ring
Bench Warmer
And1: 762

Re: LeBron James Would Like To Team Up With Carmelo, CP3, Wade Before Retiring 

Post#2 » by kacey ring » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:10 am

The Miami Banana Boats.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#3 » by Pickled Prunes » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:18 am

Wow... so Lebron would take a pay cut to make the league suck for a year or two? He is quite the generous guy! How is it that "The Chosen One" can only win when he stacks the deck in his favor?

So, Melo for Love, CP3 for Irving and maybe a pick. Wade is a free agent. Sure, I could root against that team but I don't want to have to.
FormerCavsFan
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#4 » by FormerCavsFan » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:43 am

It would have to be in Miami or some place DWade wants to be.

Wade is a champion to the bone. Not a ring chaser.
mawbsta
Senior
And1: 46

Post#5 » by mawbsta » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:30 am

Yet another RESOUNDING difference between The King and His Airness.
There is NO WAY IN HELL that Jordan would have wanted Ewing, Zeke and Bird on his team. He wanted nothing more than to destroy them on the court and cement his own legacy. Lebron is a ring chaster.

his one + one contracts are purposely designed to try and make his free agency match every few years with some stars.

Also funny how Bosh wasn't mentioned in this when it was CB4 who took the biggest cut to form the trio.
SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,446

Post#6 » by SichtingLives » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:46 am

Hmmmm I've heard of this movie....I think it's called Grown Ups
10 miles through the snow uphill both ways
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,032

Post#7 » by zimpy27 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:59 am

Calm down people! Who wouldn't love to play on a team with their friends? They'd all be fairly old if it ever happens, I doubt they would even be contenders by that stage with the serious level of talent that is emerging now.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
DimesandKnicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,626

Post#8 » by DimesandKnicks » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:27 am

mawbsta wrote:Yet another RESOUNDING difference between The King and His Airness.
There is NO WAY IN HELL that Jordan would have wanted Ewing, Zeke and Bird on his team. He wanted nothing more than to destroy them on the court and cement his own legacy. Lebron is a ring chaster.

his one + one contracts are purposely designed to try and make his free agency match every few years with some stars.

Also funny how Bosh wasn't mentioned in this when it was CB4 who took the biggest cut to form the trio.

But Michael wasn't great friends with Bird, Ewing and uh Zeke....

Every player in the NBA is a ring chaser, I don't understand this plantation mentality that fans associate with players leaving teams to go to better situations....wouldn't you leave an organization to work with friends in an office with better resources and a better administration, or is it different because basketball is a "game". It like a mind game matrix owners created to keep hold of superstar players regardless of the success of the organization.

I think LeBron has impacted the league by making players understand that they are actually allowed to do and go where ever they please they've earned it, cuz an organization will get rid of you like that. Do we call organizations ring chasers?

Michael had Scottie and Rodman, Phil jackson, who knows what he would have done if he were a part of an organization with more deficiencies. Larry was a part of one of the greatest sports organizations in sports history, Magic as well.

LeBron do whatever u want, these folks aren't putting in the work you put in on a daily basis, why be a part of an organization that isnt doing the same. #Groupthink
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,193

Post#9 » by SlimShady83 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:28 am

Geez how many allstar players does this guy need. First it's Wade Bosh now Irving/Love and now he wants to team up with 3 - what can't get it done with just one?

People say Kobe only won because of Shaq and/or Gasol - well at least he had only 1 go to guy, where Lebron needs 2 and now probably trying to get these 3 guys lmao what a clown.
Bring back Defense
Cael
Junior
And1: 458

Post#10 » by Cael » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:30 am

Lol. Lebron is a whole hoe for this.
bselig
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#11 » by bselig » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:08 am

mawbsta wrote:Yet another RESOUNDING difference between The King and His Airness.

You missed the point. It's because they're his best friends, not because they're good.
IgorK
Veteran
And1: 4,786

Post#12 » by IgorK » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:23 am

Lakers can make this happen next year. :lol:
"You want me to own a team and deal with these rich, spoiled stubborn athletes, and try to get them to perform? No thank you." - Kobe

AMG
oceanlife
Junior
And1: 727

Post#13 » by oceanlife » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:52 am

The Cavs are proof that you can't just throw a bunch of good players around LeBron and expect to be shoe ins for the championship.

But if that group wants to win a championship together they better make a move now, because LeBron is on the wrong side of 30 and his defense and endurance are only fading quicker.

Next year there's a good chance LeBron finds himself out of the All NBA 1st Team. The NBA will have Durant, Curry, Westbrook, Anthony Davis, and Kawhi Leonard all under 30 and improving as LeBron approaches 32. Two years from now with Boogie, KAT and some of the other young guys coming up, LeBron could find himself headlining the All NBA 3rd team. Age hits NBA players quick.
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 520

Post#14 » by TheCage4 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:39 am

They already played together- it was called Team USA.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,836

Post#15 » by spree2kawhi » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:53 am

I hope Melo has too much pride for that to happen and furthermore, they hopefully leave alone the Knicks. I would hate that team with an unheard of passion.

Lebron apparently needs another ring dearly as he can already hear the whispers that call bluff on his fake though-guy-poker-face.

That being said, the Cavs clearly have no bond whatsoever and I repeat myself in claiming that I feel bad for Kyrie and Love for standing in front of cameras with this desperate bitch.

Anyway, I'm not worried. Lebron won't win anything anymore.
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 142

Post#16 » by haste10176 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:58 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:Wow... so Lebron would take a pay cut to make the league suck for a year or two? He is quite the generous guy! How is it that "The Chosen One" can only win when he stacks the deck in his favor?

So, Melo for Love, CP3 for Irving and maybe a pick. Wade is a free agent. Sure, I could root against that team but I don't want to have to.

That's a plausible trade scenario why not pull that team together would be fun to see if they could win.. Cavs would be giving up a lot of youth though. ..
PhxSunsFan13
Junior
And1: 56

Post#17 » by PhxSunsFan13 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:17 am

Of course he would. Why don't you pull Michael Jordan out of retirement and have him come join too?
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#18 » by MitchB3 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:41 am

We can already tell what's LeBron starting four in NBA 2K.
tasball
Senior
And1: 57

Post#19 » by tasball » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:54 am

This is pro sports not high school d*head.

Maybe his teammates want to team up with Steph MVP.
Jazzing
Senior
And1: 215

Post#20 » by Jazzing » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:15 am

FormerCavsFan wrote:Wade is a champion to the bone. Not a ring chaser.

ha!

The Heat only make noise when a real star joins them (Jermaine O'neal, Shaquille O'neal, LeBron James).

Wade is the most fake star created by the U.S. media. Only people in north america don't see this.

DimesandKnicks wrote:Michael had Scottie(...)

Who was DRAFTED by the Bulls.

tasball wrote:Maybe his teammates want to team up with Steph MVP.

From the Players Awards
Player You Secretly Wish Was on Your Team: LeBron James, SF, Cleveland Cavaliers

It's not the case in the last season.
Well, maybe this year... :lol:

Return to Wiretap Discussion