Manu Ginobili To Play In 2016 Olympics For Argentina At 38

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Manu Ginobili To Play In 2016 Olympics For Argentina At 38 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:17 am

Manu Ginobili plans to play for the Argentine national team at the 2016 Olympics in Rio at the age of 38, according to an announcement from the Argentina Basketball Federation.

Ginobili made the decision just before San Antonio's 112-88 win Wednesday night over the Miami Heat and called Argentine coach Sergio Hernandez to inform him he'd be available for the Olympic Games.

"To say that Manu's availability makes me happy personally is to put it mildly," Hernandez said. "That is not significant. His was a very brave decision and at the same time very correct, from my point of view. He will be able to end his career with the national team at an Olympic Games. This is the most important news for Argentine sport at this moment. Ginobili is a symbol. Welcome Manu. And now we shall enjoy this."

Via Michael C. Wright/ESPN

bselig
Freshman
And1: 1

Re: Manu Ginobili To Play In 2016 Olympics For Argentina At 38 

Post#2 » by bselig » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:26 am

I'd like to see Duncan come back to play. They could rather use him assuming Davis is out. He's actually the first and maybe only big man I'd pick for the team. Cousins is a basketcase, Aldridge and Lopez are stiffs, Drummond and Howard could get hack-a'ed and turn the Olympics into a joke, Love is a shell of a man, Bosh is barely alive. I guess there's Griffin, too. LeBron and Green would probably be the two best centers on the team. Taj Gibson could be a guy also, he is quite good and he is teammates with three of the top foreigner big men so he knows their games quite well. And I forgot about Towns, he should probably be the starting center. The point stands though, Duncan should play. Last hurrah for the 90s guys, he'd be the perfect 12th man, beats the corpse of Kobe.
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#3 » by Donnyxc » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:05 pm

Good for him. He always seems to elevate that team's level of play. Should be a fun Olympics.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,229

Post#4 » by lambchop » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:11 pm

bselig wrote:I'd like to see Duncan come back to play. They could rather use him assuming Davis is out. He's actually the first and maybe only big man I'd pick for the team. Cousins is a basketcase, Aldridge and Lopez are stiffs, Drummond and Howard could get hack-a'ed and turn the Olympics into a joke, Love is a shell of a man, Bosh is barely alive. I guess there's Griffin, too. LeBron and Green would probably be the two best centers on the team. Taj Gibson could be a guy also, he is quite good and he is teammates with three of the top foreigner big men so he knows their games quite well. And I forgot about Towns, he should probably be the starting center. The point stands though, Duncan should play. Last hurrah for the 90s guys, he'd be the perfect 12th man, beats the corpse of Kobe.

Hack-a-player fouls are flagrant fouls in fiba basketball. Could even get a flagrant-2 for sheer silliness
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.

Return to Wiretap Discussion