Cavs Expected To Listen To Kevin Love Trade Offers

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Cavs Expected To Listen To Kevin Love Trade Offers 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:37 pm

The Cleveland Cavaliers will receive trade calls this offseason about Kevin Love and they're expected to at least listen.

"This team did not fit particularly well for playing Golden State, and that's my fault," David Griffin said. "But against the East, we were historically good. Now that we've experienced this, I'm very confident this group has its best basketball in front of it. They know what they have now."

The Cavaliers will be thin on the wing, especially if Richard Jefferson goes through with his retirement announcement.

"The Celtics is the trade that has made sense for six months," said Brian Windhorst. "I happen to know the Cavs really like Avery Bradley and to me, I would want Marcus Smart and I would want one of the draft picks. You're not getting the high pick obviously, but you want one a draft pick."

Windhorst also talked about how the pressure has been removed by winning a title and they can afford to wait to let the trade market come to them on Love.

Via Zach Lowe/ESPN

Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Re: Cavs Expected To Listen To Kevin Love Trade Offers 

Post#2 » by Sam195 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:11 am

They gave up Wiggins for Love. Pretty sure they won't deal him for less than what they gave up. I see Tristan Thompson being the one that likely gets moved down the road. He's represented by Rich Paul but clearly the Cavs mgmt are not afraid to play hard ball with him and his camp especially after last summer's contract negotiations.I would not be surprised if TT has a 15% trade kicker on his deal because than that would mean he could get a bonus around 10M paid by the cavs if he is dealt. And if he lands on another team maybe the raptors, lakers or another he would also be guaranteed a starters role at his natural position. He already got his ring and I don't think Cavs mgmt even owner Dan Gilbert wants to pay bigger luxury tax fines due to a log jam in the front court. They also have Channing Frye under contract and Lebron also shifts to the 4 against different teams.

Return to Wiretap Discussion