Lakers, Magic, Pistons Intend To Pursue Al Horford

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Lakers, Magic, Pistons Intend To Pursue Al Horford 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:29 pm

The Los Angeles Lakers, Orlando Magic and Detroit Pistons are amongst the teams who intend to pursue Al Horford this offseason.

Horford has become even more valuable over the past few seasons with his improved three-point shooting and versatility on defense.

Horford can sign with the Atlanta Hawks for five years and 7.5 percent raises whereas any rival team can only offer him four seasons guaranteed.

Horford is coming off an extension he signed with the Hawks in 2010.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN

Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Re: Lakers, Magic, Pistons Intend To Pursue Al Horford 

Post#2 » by Donnyxc » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:49 pm

Welp. I guess the Celtics are taking Bender then..
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
DET_Athletics
Pro Prospect
And1: 213

Post#3 » by DET_Athletics » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:14 pm

The pistons are actually the best choice for him. He doesn't have to play center much for us, we are probably going to be one of the most successful teams out of the people going after him, and he can get paid. We missed out on LaMarcus Aldridge last year, I think we have a pretty good chance of landing Horford this year.
Todd3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,086

Post#4 » by Todd3 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:35 pm

Should be noted that his former agent works for the Pistons now (Arn Tellem) and he played high school ball in Michigan. So Pistons should have a good chance at him.
LaRance
Bench Warmer
And1: 104

Post#5 » by LaRance » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:58 pm

L.A Lakers here he comes!! :D
BorkLazer
Senior
And1: 427

Post#6 » by BorkLazer » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:22 pm

DET_Athletics wrote:The pistons are actually the best choice for him. He doesn't have to play center much for us, we are probably going to be one of the most successful teams out of the people going after him, and he can get paid. We missed out on LaMarcus Aldridge last year, I think we have a pretty good chance of landing Horford this year.

Detroit scares me as a Boston fan, if they land Horford and the young players continue to develop at a good pace I can see them contending in the East for a while. They just need to upgrade that terrible bench.
Gomagic44
Head Coach
And1: 2,187

Post#7 » by Gomagic44 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:04 pm

Come back to central Florida where you lived your glory days in college with Noah :D . Hell, bring him with you!
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#8 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:12 pm

I'm sure there are more teams that intend to pursue him. He could fit on many teams.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
DET_Athletics
Pro Prospect
And1: 213

Post#9 » by DET_Athletics » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:18 am

BorkLazer wrote:
DET_Athletics wrote:The pistons are actually the best choice for him. He doesn't have to play center much for us, we are probably going to be one of the most successful teams out of the people going after him, and he can get paid. We missed out on LaMarcus Aldridge last year, I think we have a pretty good chance of landing Horford this year.

Detroit scares me as a Boston fan, if they land Horford and the young players continue to develop at a good pace I can see them contending in the East for a while. They just need to upgrade that terrible bench.

landing him would do wonders for our bench, because then harris and Johnson would be coming off of it. thats the 2 through 4 position covered. our only hole would be backup PG, with a possible upgrade to backup center, and a PF prospect long term that would be a ideal fit next to dre, and the last two i mentioned aren't even needed for us to contend.
CavsChamps
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#10 » by CavsChamps » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:08 am

He needs to go to Detroit.

C - Drummond
PF - Horford
SF - Morris
SG - KCP
PG - Jackson

Bench

C - Baynes
PF - The guy in the trade with the Bulls
SF - Harris /Tolliver
SG - Johnson
PG - Blake

SVG will get the best out of him and the fit with Dre will be so damn good.
Jon Snow
Junior
And1: 99

Post#11 » by Jon Snow » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:20 pm

Makes sense for Horford in :

Detroit - won't have to play the 5 since Drummond's around, another shooter in the front court

LA Lakers - Plays the 5 but thrives in Luke Walton's system. A "shooting big", plus Kupchak's preference of signing an "all-star veteran presence" who can lead the youngsters while grooming.

Orlando has Ibaka now. I don't think he fits in there. Maybe.. if they traded Vucevic which I doubt.
"The more you give a king, the more he wants. We are walking on a bridge of ice with an abyss on either side. Pleasing one king is difficult enough, pleasing two is hardly possible." - Jon Snow, A Feast for Crows

Return to Wiretap Discussion