Jaylen Brown Didn't Expect To Be Picked By Celtics, Excited For Playoff Basketball

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Jaylen Brown Didn't Expect To Be Picked By Celtics, Excited For Playoff Basketball 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:41 am

The Boston Celtics were the most mentioned team in trade rumors leading up to Thursday’s NBA Draft, but all of the discussions didn't result in a trade. The Celtics held onto the selection and took Cal’s Jaylen Brown, who they worked out twice.

“I had no idea. I promise you, I had no idea,” Brown said when asked if he knew the Celtics would take him. “I was actually sweating bullets when the final five seconds came in. But I knew they were heavily interested when they asked me to come back for a second workout, but you hear different things every day. I mean, it changes every day, so I was not sure at all. I’m glad to be here, I think it’s the right fit.”

While meeting with the media on Wednesday, Brown expressed a desire to involve himself in the culture of his new city — specifically mentioning Boston and New Orleans (who had the sixth pick) as interesting possibilities.  

“I know Boston has a lot of history, a lot of tradition, and I want to add to that,” Brown said. “I know it’s a playoff team, so I love playoff basketball, and I can’t wait to win. Boston is a great city full of culture, full of life, education, things that mean a lot to me. I’m super excited. I cannot wait to get there and can’t wait to get everything started, can’t wait for the season to start, and I’m happy to be a part of the family.”

Brown left Cal after just one season, but has been adamant about his interest in learning. 

“It took me a while to make a decision [on leaving early] because education is very important to me,” he admitted, “but this was the right thing for me to do, and Boston has a great history of education and some great universities like Harvard, MIT. I’ve done my research."

Via Andrew Perna/RealGM

ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Re: Jaylen Brown Didn't Expect To Be Picked By Celtics, Excited For Playoff Basketball 

Post#2 » by ChokeFasncists » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:43 am

Interesting, this guy's gonna take courses at Harvard and MIT?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.

Return to Wiretap Discussion