Buddy Hield Ready To Space Floor For Pelicans

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Buddy Hield Ready To Space Floor For Pelicans 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:03 am

The New Orleans Pelicans drafted Buddy Hield with the sixth overall pick on Thursday, adding perhaps the most proven scorer available. 

“I’m a scorer,” Hield said in his opening remarks to the media. “I can shoot the ball a lot. Love to shoot. I feel like when I go there I can open up the floor for Anthony Davis and other guys to be able to penetrate. And for a guy like Anthony Davis, they have a guy like me who can shoot the ball really well, can keep the floor spaced.” 

Alvin Gentry traveled to the Bahamas to watch Hield play and the two discussed playing fast together if New Orleans was in position to take the Oklahoma senior. Hield is just the third player from the Bahamas to be drafted. 

“I’m so happy, man, not only for me but for all the kids back in the Bahamas,” Hield said. “The norm is that we never make it out of there. So being one of the few that makes it out there helps me give to the kids and inspire them, like OK, there will be more that will make it out. 

“I’m just happy for the Bahamas, really. Put them back on the map, and for all my friends and family."

Via Andrew Perna/RealGM

Return to Wiretap Discussion