Wolves Offered No. 5, Ricky Rubio To Bulls For Jimmy Butler Before Kris Dunn Slid

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Wolves Offered No. 5, Ricky Rubio To Bulls For Jimmy Butler Before Kris Dunn Slid 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:33 am

The Minnesota Timberwolves reportedly drafted Kris Dunn at No. 5 to keep him as he wasn't expected to drop to them.

The Wolves' offer of Ricky Rubio and the No. 5 pick to the Chicago Bulls was made before Dunn slipped and not after.

"Obviously, we liked him," Gar Forman said of Dunn. "He's a very good player."

Chicago reportedly sought Zach LaVine from the Wolves in exchange for Butler.

Via K.C. Johnson/Chicago Tribune

Dino353
Sixth Man
And1: 1,246

Re: Wolves Offered No. 5, Ricky Rubio To Bulls For Jimmy Butler Before Kris Dunn Slid 

Post#2 » by Dino353 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:22 pm

The Timberwolves are just (Please Use More Appropriate Word), they would not trade Lavine when they could have got Jimmy Butler who is as good a 2 way player as a guard as you can find right now in the NBA to go with Wiggins, and Towns. That tandem would have wrecked havoc in the West with Tom coaching them. Now they have Kris Dunn and Lavine in their backcourt, they blew this.
Avihs7
Junior
And1: 167

Re: Wolves Offered No. 5, Ricky Rubio To Bulls For Jimmy Butler Before Kris Dunn Slid 

Post#3 » by Avihs7 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:13 pm

Lavine is 6 years younger and has a great jumper. Under Thibs he could become a great defensive player. Butler 31% from 3pt range, lavine 38% from 3pt range. Butler overall shot .454%, Lavine overall shot .452%. I think this was a great move by the T wolves not doing this trade. Wiggens, Kat, and Lavine have great chemistry together and I think Butler would ve screwed that all up.
Dino353
Sixth Man

Post#4 » by Dino353 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:54 pm

Avihs7 wrote:Lavine is 6 years younger and has a great jumper. Under Thibs he could become a great defensive player. Butler 31% from 3pt range, lavine 38% from 3pt range. Butler overall shot .454%, Lavine overall shot .452%. I think this was a great move by the T wolves not doing this trade. Wiggens, Kat, and Lavine have great chemistry together and I think Butler would ve screwed that all up.

Lavine might be 6 years younger but lets not forget they just got Kris Dunn who is not just going to settle for being a pass first guard like Rondo and let Wiggins,Lavine, and Towns get all the shots. If you tell me Rubio is going to be leading the core OK but Dunn? They will have issues together.
Avihs7
Junior

Post#5 » by Avihs7 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:07 am

Dino353 wrote:
Avihs7 wrote:Lavine is 6 years younger and has a great jumper. Under Thibs he could become a great defensive player. Butler 31% from 3pt range, lavine 38% from 3pt range. Butler overall shot .454%, Lavine overall shot .452%. I think this was a great move by the T wolves not doing this trade. Wiggens, Kat, and Lavine have great chemistry together and I think Butler would ve screwed that all up.

Lavine might be 6 years younger but lets not forget they just got Kris Dunn who is not just going to settle for being a pass first guard like Rondo and let Wiggins,Lavine, and Towns get all the shots. If you tell me Rubio is going to be leading the core OK but Dunn? They will have issues together.

Rubio will be leading the core of Kat, wiggens, and lavine. Dunn will be leading the 2nd unit and that will be a HUGE upgrade over Tyus jones. T Wolves will be a playoff team next year guarenteed barring a major injury to wiggens or towns. I have full confidence in Thibs to bring in the right FA s to compliment the 2nd unit. Hopefully he gets Deng as the starting PF.
Mikchek
Sixth Man
And1: 5

Post#6 » by Mikchek » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:45 am

you think Tyus is going to get cut?
Tussin33
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#7 » by Tussin33 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:38 am

Mikchek wrote:you think Tyus is going to get cut?

No way. He prolly is just pg3 until rubio gets moved.
I wouldnt of traded #5 and lavine for butler neither. Lavine got somuch better lastseason and like wiggins he has given me no reason to think thay can't continue. Butler has also struggled with injuries hasnt played a full season since like 2011. Butler is a great player but the price was too high. Butler will also likely start to regress while towns and wiggins are still in their prime. Lavine will grow with both of them as the starting 2 guard. Great off season minnesota I'm just not sure i like kris dunn more then buddy hield. Just like i wasn't sure i liked Jonny flynn over steph curry....
Dino353
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by Dino353 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:04 pm

Avihs7 wrote:
Dino353 wrote:

Rubio will be leading the core of Kat, wiggens, and lavine. Dunn will be leading the 2nd unit and that will be a HUGE upgrade over Tyus jones. T Wolves will be a playoff team next year guarenteed barring a major injury to wiggens or towns. I have full confidence in Thibs to bring in the right FA s to compliment the 2nd unit. Hopefully he gets Deng as the starting PF.

Dunn leading the second unit? You think Minnesota would draft Dunn to bring him off the bench? Dunn already blows Rubio out of the water offensively and possibly defensively, they will trade Rubio before the start of next season or by the deadline the latest.
Avihs7
Junior

Post#9 » by Avihs7 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:50 pm

Thibs isn't that stupid to start the season with a rookie at PG. Rubio is a SOLID pg the only knock on him is his shooting otherwise Rubio is solid across the board. Dunn will be the back up this year. Also Thibs has a reputation for not playing rookies and u really think he gonna start the year with a rookie at pg. Rubio is gonna do well under thibs, he doesn'tneed to score, he just makes every player better when he's on the floor. I think most people on this board who constantly say Rubio needs to go are bandwagon fans who dont realize how valuable Ricky really is.

Return to Wiretap Discussion