Frank Vogel Expects Aaron Gordon To Start At Small Forward

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Frank Vogel Expects Aaron Gordon To Start At Small Forward 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jul 7, 2016 10:47 pm

Frank Vogel was asked if the Orlando Magic envision Aaron Gordon at small forward or power forward after the changes the team has made this offseason

“I would say both," said Vogel. "With Serge (Ibaka) probably starting at the four, he’ll probably start at the three. But, with the way the league plays in today’s NBA, you have to have the ability to play a guy like Aaron at the four. A guy as versatile as Aaron is, what position he plays is predicated on the players around him. Serge Ibaka’s not here, he’s a four for us. Serge Ibaka is here he’s going to play the three and we’re going to be REALLY long, and that’s exciting.”

Rob Hennigan also spoke about Gordon at small forward.

“Everything he (Frank Vogel) said I agree with," said Hennigan."I would just say that Aaron Gordon, to Frank’s point, his versatility is what makes him valuable. Aaron’s comfortable playing either position. I think if you ask him, he’d prefer to play the three. We have all the confidence in the world in his ability to do that, and we love the fact he’s able to swing between positions, as is Jeff (Green). That gives us some pretty good versatility there on the wing.” 

Vogel also spoke about the center competition with the Magic signing Bismack Biyombo as they already had Nikola Vucevic.

"With Bismack and Vuc we have two starting centers. We'll go into training camp and sort out who starts games from there."

Via Keith Smith/RealGM

MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,080

Re: Frank Vogel Expects Aaron Gordon To Start At Small Forward 

Post#2 » by MrBigShot » Fri Jul 8, 2016 12:36 am

Can't imagine their spacing will be very good if Ibaka and Fournier are the only starters capable of knocking down threes.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
LaRance
Bench Warmer
And1: 104

Re: Frank Vogel Expects Aaron Gordon To Start At Small Forward 

Post#3 » by LaRance » Fri Jul 8, 2016 2:12 am

Bizmack at center. BLOCK CITY!!!!!!

Return to Wiretap Discussion