Rudy Gay Denies Asking For Trade, Has No Idea Direction Of Kings' Franchise

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Rudy Gay Denies Asking For Trade, Has No Idea Direction Of Kings' Franchise 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:06 pm

Rudy Gay was asked about how he's handling reports the Sacramento Kings are looking to trade him this offseason.

"I mean it's been pretty loud as of late so it's hard not to pay attention to it," said Gay. "I think it just goes to, I don't know, I think there's always ways to do things and in this situation I don't think it's going about the right way. No matter what your intentions to do with your players, I would think the first thing you want to do is make sure people are happy with what you are doing. That hasn't been the case."

Gay hasn't had much communication with the franchise.

"No, I haven't. I've had communication, but not the kind of communication that I would say I like," Gay said.

Gay elaborated on hearing things through media reports instead of direct communication.

"You don't want to hear things on the internet, on Twitter. You would like to hear it from out of the horse's mouth. Just be upfront with people, that's all you have to do," Gay said.

Gay also denied that he's asked for a trade.

"No. I think people saw my disinterest, not disinterest, but I think people saw what went on this season and kind of went on that to say that I asked for a trade. I still feel like I had a lot more to give ... because of the structure of the team I wasn't able to give everything."

Gay also has no idea what the direction of the franchise is right now as they move into a new arena.

"I have no idea. I suit up and give it my all. That's all I can do in this situation, that's all you can do. Go out there and play as much as you can. Obviously, we don't have anything to really build on. We have a new coach. I think that's the only thing we can really build on. New coach and seeing how it plays out."

Via Blake Ellington/Sactown Royalty

Pedro
Senior
And1: 58

Re: Rudy Gay Denies Asking For Trade, Has No Idea Direction Of Kings' Franchise 

Post#2 » by Pedro » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:51 pm

Divac and Renedive don't seem to know what they're doing at all. Their two best players have no insight on what the front office wants to accomplish. Gay should definitely be trade for a few pieces to help rebuild but they have almost no chance of retaining Cousins once his contract is up, that's if he doesn't finally reach the point of deservingly demanding for a trade. Joerger is their best chance at winning Cousins over enough to make him want to stick around for a good coach. Gays a very solid overall player so I hope he either gets traded to a solid team or the Kings find a way to start developing a solid culture. Those fans are far too loyal to keep dealing with these constant headaches.
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#3 » by Rated T By CBRA » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:36 pm

Pedro wrote:Divac and Renedive don't seem to know what they're doing at all. Their two best players have no insight on what the front office wants to accomplish. Gay should definitely be trade for a few pieces to help rebuild but they have almost no chance of retaining Cousins once his contract is up, that's if he doesn't finally reach the point of deservingly demanding for a trade. Joerger is their best chance at winning Cousins over enough to make him want to stick around for a good coach. Gays a very solid overall player so I hope he either gets traded to a solid team or the Kings find a way to start developing a solid culture. Those fans are far too loyal to keep dealing with these constant headaches.

I think Divac has very little say in decisions, he is trying to make things happen but Ranadive is doing all the decision making. Vlade was probably brought in as a fan favourite to calm down the fan base after the whole Karl vs. Cousins situation last season. Ranadive seems like Dolan 2.0, before Dolan handed over decision making to Phil.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#4 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:57 pm

Rated T By CBRA wrote:
Pedro wrote:Divac and Renedive don't seem to know what they're doing at all. Their two best players have no insight on what the front office wants to accomplish. Gay should definitely be trade for a few pieces to help rebuild but they have almost no chance of retaining Cousins once his contract is up, that's if he doesn't finally reach the point of deservingly demanding for a trade. Joerger is their best chance at winning Cousins over enough to make him want to stick around for a good coach. Gays a very solid overall player so I hope he either gets traded to a solid team or the Kings find a way to start developing a solid culture. Those fans are far too loyal to keep dealing with these constant headaches.

I think Divac has very little say in decisions, he is trying to make things happen but Ranadive is doing all the decision making. Vlade was probably brought in as a fan favourite to calm down the fan base after the whole Karl vs. Cousins situation last season. Ranadive seems like Dolan 2.0, before Dolan handed over decision making to Phil.

Not true. Ranadive is totally hands off now when it comes to basketball moves. I think Ranadive's role in the whole show was overstated to begin with.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#5 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:27 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
Rated T By CBRA wrote:

Not true. Ranadive is totally hands off now when it comes to basketball moves. I think Ranadive's role in the whole show was overstated to begin with.

I think you at least trade Cousins. His value will only go down from this point until free agency. Rudy might have more value as a player than as a trade piece. Whatever the plan, you know that Cousins won't resign with the Kings just to continue treading water. Building around him has shown no signs of working thus far.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#6 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:46 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:
Rated T By CBRA wrote:I think Divac has very little say in decisions, he is trying to make things happen but Ranadive is doing all the decision making. Vlade was probably brought in as a fan favourite to calm down the fan base after the whole Karl vs. Cousins situation last season. Ranadive seems like Dolan 2.0, before Dolan handed over decision making to Phil.

I think you at least trade Cousins. His value will only go down from this point until free agency. Rudy might have more value as a player than as a trade piece. Whatever the plan, you know that Cousins won't resign with the Kings just to continue treading water. Building around him has shown no signs of working thus far.

The Kings and the Kings fans are well aware of what the expectations are next year and where they need to be. They are finally bringing in fit pieces to put around Cousins and really this is the first time they've ever done that so we will see how it all works. If it doesn't then yes, there will be a change in plans most likely.
Dino353
Sixth Man
And1: 1,246

Post#7 » by Dino353 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:49 pm

Darren Collison is the starting point guard, that's all I have to say. I believe in Cauley-Stein becoming a top 5 big along with Cousins and make a dominant tandem with Joerger. But the backcourt is atrocious,
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#8 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:02 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:

The Kings and the Kings fans are well aware of what the expectations are next year and where they need to be. They are finally bringing in fit pieces to put around Cousins and really this is the first time they've ever done that so we will see how it all works. If it doesn't then yes, there will be a change in plans most likely.

I Cousins is content to continue losing for another year than all is good... but they have tried (and failed) to build around him in the past.
enderwilson
Pro Prospect
And1: 152

Post#9 » by enderwilson » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:12 pm

Besides superstars like LBJ or Kobe, how many players get a "full tour" of the organization's plans? I can understand that the FO should at least be in contact with their players, but Rudy's own comments indicate that he doesn't even care enough to seek the answers himself. In reference to his pal Rondo, quote "You see now that he was unhappy, I guess that's why he left." Really? You 'guess' Rudy? The fact that he has to speculate on what his friend's motivations are points to his own apathy about actually having knowledge about what's going on around him. Not that he's entirely wrong, but I can't help but read this as Rudy being a prima-donna.
caronimo
Rookie
And1: 53

Post#10 » by caronimo » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:40 pm

free rudy

Return to Wiretap Discussion