Re: John Wall: Bradley Beal And I Have A Tendency To Dislike Each Other On Court

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

John Wall: Bradley Beal And I Have A Tendency To Dislike Each Other On Court 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:11 pm

John Wall admitted that he and Bradley Beal occasionally dislike each other on the court.

The Washington Wizards re-signed Beal this offseason. Wall signed an $80 million deal for five years in 2013 for what was then a max deal under a $58.7 million salary cap. Beal signed his max for five years under a $94.1 million cap.

"I think a lot of times we have a tendency to dislike each other on the court. … We got to be able to put that to the side. If you miss somebody on one play or don’t have something go right ... as long as you come to each other and talk. If I starting arguing with somebody I’m cool. I’m just playing basketball," Wall said.

"Now that you have your money you got to go out there and improve your game. I want you to be an All-Star just as much as I’m an All-Star.  If we were playing well as a tandem like the other two superstars that play together as a backcourt, play as a tandem, one night it’s going to be his night, one night it’s going to be mine, some nights it might be both of us. Those are nights it’s going to be tough to beat us."

Wall is willing to share the individual success with Beal.

“I want it all to be on me. At the same time I want him to be right there with me. He’s my sidekick. I’m A. He’s A-1. He’s right there," Wall said. "That’s something we got to do on the first day of training camp. We have to go in there and understand and get on the same page.

"If we’re not on the same page and we have our ups and downs we’ll keep dealing with the same problems. We have to get control of it. I think it’s hanging out off the court, doing those little things (helps)."

Via J. Michael/Comcast

engelbert321
Head Coach
And1: 1,369

Re: John Wall: Bradley Beal And I Have A Tendency To Dislike Each Other On Court 

Post#2 » by engelbert321 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:33 pm

Why is he always talking about other players' salaries?? :lol: :lol:
7 Footer
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 24,859

Post#3 » by 7 Footer » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:48 pm

engelbert321 wrote:Why is he always talking about other players' salaries?? :lol: :lol:

LMAO, noticed this aswell. Most scrubs are getting paid more than him and he mad.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,386

Post#4 » by JonFromVA » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:09 am

The day John Wall starts caring more about his team and not who's "A" or "A-1" is when he becomes a factor in the league.
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,928

Post#5 » by Reeko » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:10 am

Did he ever stop to think that maybe the reason other superstar backcourt tandems get along is because one isn't referring to the other as his sidekick. Or airing out the differences in public. Wall is a talented player, but he seriously lacks leadership qualities. You would never hear something like this from Curry or Lowry.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
Marionettetc
Sixth Man
And1: 969

Post#6 » by Marionettetc » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:19 am

Overpaid scrub talking about better teammate, calling him a sidekick. :lol:
GaaBaaBoo
Senior
And1: 50

Post#7 » by GaaBaaBoo » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:10 am

Reeko wrote:Did he ever stop to think that maybe the reason other superstar backcourt tandems get along is because one isn't referring to the other as his sidekick. Or airing out the differences in public. Wall is a talented player, but he seriously lacks leadership qualities. You would never hear something like this from Curry or Lowry.

This.
LaRance
Bench Warmer
And1: 104

Post#8 » by LaRance » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:33 am

Marionettetc wrote:Overpaid scrub talking about better teammate, calling him a sidekick. :lol:

Let's not get carried away. Wall is no scrub. but I am surprised he's airing out his dirty laundry
RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Post#9 » by RonaldArtest » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:15 am

Wall strikes me as a bit of an emotional lesbian with these comments. All jokes aside, calling a guy your sidekick usually isn't a good way to win them over.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,852

Post#10 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:18 am

he sounds like a bitch and if Beal is cool with another man calling him his sidekick he's a bitch too
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#11 » by Slava » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:44 am

I actually like this, he's throwing down the challenge for Beal to step up his game. If you think you are a max player by salary it should come with the expectations of being a max player in terms of production.

I'm okay with Wall calling Beal a sidekick because he hasn't proven that he can fill that role before thinking of competing with Wall for the spot of a top dog.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Coralogre
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#12 » by Coralogre » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:54 am

John will have to back track on those comments or the Wizards are toast. I am smelling trade at some point if he doesn't fix it.
vic
Veteran
And1: 1,044

Post#13 » by vic » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:30 am

This is hilarious. Well seems pretty immature and prideful, he has a lot of growing up to do.

I'm glad they won't be a factor in the East. Wall has to understand it as the point guard he can't have that I'm A he's A1 he's my sidekick Mentality. His immaturity is fascinating they need an nba reality show for teams lik this.
You need 2-way wings, 2-way shooting bigs, and you can't allow low iq players on the court. Assist/turnover ratio is crucial. Shooting point guards are icing on the cake IF they are plus defenders.
Weaver & Casey, govern yourselves accordingly!
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#14 » by Donnyxc » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:39 pm

Slava wrote:I actually like this, he's throwing down the challenge for Beal to step up his game. If you think you are a max player by salary it should come with the expectations of being a max player in terms of production.

I'm okay with Wall calling Beal a sidekick because he hasn't proven that he can fill that role before thinking of competing with Wall for the spot of a top dog.

I'm with you on this. It's unclear what the media was asking him, and he opened up about his Team chemistry. He's not saying Beal is a sidekick in a bad way. It's more of an honest "Let's stop b-s-ing around on the court, and do better". Sounds like he actually wants to make that effort, and be boys with Beal.

Unfortunately, a lot of the issue with Beal is injuries. With injuries comes a lack of consistency that is required to be very good at anything.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#15 » by Jvaughn » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:26 pm

Is he taking interview tips from Derrick Rose? Just play your game. No need for the talk.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
Coralogre
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#16 » by Coralogre » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:54 pm

Donnyxc wrote:
Slava wrote:I actually like this, he's throwing down the challenge for Beal to step up his game. If you think you are a max player by salary it should come with the expectations of being a max player in terms of production.

I'm with you on this. It's unclear what the media was asking him, and he opened up about his Team chemistry. He's not saying Beal is a sidekick in a bad way. It's more of an honest "Let's stop b-s-ing around on the court, and do better". Sounds like he actually wants to make that effort, and be boys with Beal.

Unfortunately, a lot of the issue with Beal is injuries. With injuries comes a lack of consistency that is required to be very good at anything.

How he said what he said...
"Now that you have your money you got to go out there and improve your game. I want you to be an All-Star just as much as I’m an All-Star. If we were playing well as a tandem like the other two superstars that play together as a back court, play as a tandem, one night it’s going to be his night, one night it’s going to be mine, some nights it might be both of us. Those are nights it’s going to be tough to beat us."

How he should have said what he said...
We've, the team, has shown that we are committed to Bradley. Now it is incumbent on us to work together to improve as a team. I would like us both to be All-Stars when everything is said and done. If we could raise our collective play to an all-star level then we could be considered with the best back court duos in the league in my opinion.

Conclusion
John must learn to inspire his team mates with his words and not let his words be the cause of division. He should learn to measure his words carefully and not let the media or any other outside influences in the details of his locker room. Like Bradley's game, Johns leadership needs to be proven and could stand improvement.
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#17 » by IAMZOOTED » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:10 pm

Coralogre wrote:
Donnyxc wrote:

How he said what he said...
"Now that you have your money you got to go out there and improve your game. I want you to be an All-Star just as much as I’m an All-Star. If we were playing well as a tandem like the other two superstars that play together as a back court, play as a tandem, one night it’s going to be his night, one night it’s going to be mine, some nights it might be both of us. Those are nights it’s going to be tough to beat us."

How he should have said what he said...
We've, the team, has shown that we are committed to Bradley. Now it is incumbent on us to work together to improve as a team. I would like us both to be All-Stars when everything is said and done. If we could raise our collective play to an all-star level then we could be considered with the best back court duos in the league in my opinion.

Conclusion
John must learn to inspire his team mates with his words and not let his words be the cause of division. He should learn to measure his words carefully and not let the media or any other outside influences in the details of his locker room. Like Bradley's game, Johns leadership needs to be proven and could stand improvement.

The way wall said it was just fine. I highly doubt beal had any problem with the way he said it
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

^ After the Timberwolves signed Jamal Crawford.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,213

Post#18 » by Pickled Prunes » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:20 pm

RealGM Wiretap wrote:John Wall admitted that he and Bradley Beal occasionally dislike each other on the court.

So how do they feel about each other for the remaining 30 games?

Return to Wiretap Discussion