Stefan Jankovic Unsure If He'll Play On National Team Of Serbia Or Canada

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Stefan Jankovic Unsure If He'll Play On National Team Of Serbia Or Canada 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Sep 3, 2016 3:19 pm

Stefan Jankovic has yet to decide if he'll play national team basketball for Serbia or Canada.

Jankovic was born in Serbia but raised in Canada.

Jankovic went undrafted out of Hawaii and is signed to a partially guaranteed deal with the Miami Heat.

"I've been in contact with both," Jankovic said of the Serbian and Canadian federations. "Obviously there was some interest this summer, but due to summer league, for both Canada and for Serbia, I wasn't able to do any of the training camps and tryout and the exhibition stuff. So that kind of limited what I was able to do. But in the future, I haven't really made a decision, but I've been in contact with both." 

Serbia advanced to the gold medal game of the Olympics, but Canada has a lot of potential with Andrew Wiggins, Tristan Thompson, Cory Joseph and Kelly Olynyk.

"I want to play for them or Canada in the future," he said. "And watching them in the Olympics was huge. It's a big thing going against the U.S. And the last couple of tournaments we were in the finals against them. It motivates you."

Via Ira Winderman/South Florida Sun Sentinel

miamiheat319
Veteran
And1: 6,960

Re: Stefan Jankovic Unsure If He'll Play On National Team Of Serbia Or Canada 

Post#2 » by miamiheat319 » Sat Sep 3, 2016 3:50 pm

Wow, dude looks a lot like the Hawaii logo in that pic^
NBA Jersey connoisseur
https://youtu.be/k-PaOWxvnz0

Return to Wiretap Discussion