Kevin Durant On Russell Westbrook: We're Still Cool

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kevin Durant On Russell Westbrook: We're Still Cool 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:37 pm

During an event at the University of Texas, Kevin Durant was asked about his relationship with Russell Westbrook.

“We’re still cool. We’re going to compete against each other at the highest level. We’re gonna have fun against each other. We’re still cool.”

Following Durant's exit, a report quoted "a person with insight into Durant's thought process" as saying Durant had been frustrated with Westbrook's play within the Thunder offense.

At a Nike event in China in early July, Durant said he and Westbrook's relationship "probably won't ever be the same again."

Upon signing his extension with the Thunder on Aug. 4, Westbrook said "we've been together eight years. You don't throw that away.

"Obviously he's now with a new team. But we definitely will talk. Eventually. But, obviously, now we haven't.”

Via Erik Horne/Oklahoman

nguyen925
Sophomore
And1: 13

Re: Kevin Durant On Russell Westbrook: We're Still Cool 

Post#2 » by nguyen925 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:50 am

Agreed, the relationship will never be the same between the two. Does it really matter that Westbrook is disappointed with Durant's decision to bolt and join a rival Western Conference team? Although Durant took the easier option, it was still his decision to make. I actually enjoyed watching GS play last year, it was a sight to see when Thompson, Curry, Green were all shooting well and you had Iggy's stingy defense.

Now with Durant joining the team, this is like a NBA 2k team with a hacked roster. Sure they don't have a true center (their going to miss Bogut/Azeli's presence and passing ability) but Durant should be able to help out in the paint.
Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Post#3 » by Roddy B for 3 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:12 pm

nguyen925 wrote:Agreed, the relationship will never be the same between the two. Does it really matter that Westbrook is disappointed with Durant's decision to bolt and join a rival Western Conference team? Although Durant took the easier option, it was still his decision to make. I actually enjoyed watching GS play last year, it was a sight to see when Thompson, Curry, Green were all shooting well and you had Iggy's stingy defense.

Now with Durant joining the team, this is like a NBA 2k team with a hacked roster. Sure they don't have a true center (their going to miss Bogut/Azeli's presence and passing ability) but Durant should be able to help out in the paint.

**** KD. He's a bitch.
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
Roddy B for 3
Analyst

Post#4 » by Roddy B for 3 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:15 pm

nguyen925 wrote:Agreed, the relationship will never be the same between the two. Does it really matter that Westbrook is disappointed with Durant's decision to bolt and join a rival Western Conference team? Although Durant took the easier option, it was still his decision to make. I actually enjoyed watching GS play last year, it was a sight to see when Thompson, Curry, Green were all shooting well and you had Iggy's stingy defense.

If Russell reups with O.K.C. in three years, he's going to be a local icon in the Dirk Nowitzki/Karl Malone vein.

Durant can never do that.
7/1/2019
Rollie
Junior
And1: 34

Post#5 » by Rollie » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Roddy B for 3 wrote:

If Russell reups with O.K.C. in three years, he's going to be a local icon in the Dirk Nowitzki/Karl Malone vein.

I don't agree with Karl Malone example. Reggie Miller is a better one.
Roddy B for 3
Analyst

Post#6 » by Roddy B for 3 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:34 pm

Rollie wrote:
Roddy B for 3 wrote:

I don't agree with Karl Malone example. Reggie Miller is a better one.

They love Karl in Utah. Their is a sign in the city he lives that says "Home of Karl Malone".
7/1/2019
miltk
Lead Assistant
And1: 751

Post#7 » by miltk » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:43 am

this bruhaha over kd's decision isn't about the game, any team, the changing dynamics, okc moving on, or gsw moving on. it's all about his decision to join his competitor, if you can't beat em, join em,,,so to speak. the derision comes from this very thing. this is not what the top top top elite players do. yes it was his decision to make, and justifiably the target of everyone's derision.

i don't know if it's even worth watching gsw anymore. what are we looking at here?,,,,to see how many times gsw can beat teams by 50 this season? or score 60 in one quarter? yes ,,,it truly is like a video game. the games won't matter,,,only the score. are we marking gsw versus philly on our calendar?

Return to Wiretap Discussion