Stephen Curry Supports Anthem Protests But Will Likely Stand

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Stephen Curry Supports Anthem Protests But Will Likely Stand 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:38 am

Stephen Curry previously "applauded" Colin Kaepernick for his protest during the national anthem before San Francisco 49ers' games to raise awareness of racial injustice in the United States.

Curry was asked this week if will also kneel during the national anthem.

“I’ll most likely stand,” Curry said. “Colin, if you follow the way he talks, the message he’s trying to send with his act, he’s not, from his mouth, disrespecting the veterans or the military. That’s not his intention. He’s obviously continued the act to create the conversation for more social justice and things of that nature. I’ve been a part of certain conversations off the grid, finding different ways to make our community better, especially for African-Americans. That’s not the way I’ll do it. But I support him in his attempt to start the conversation or continue the conversation.”

Via Anthony Slater/San Jose Mercury News

basktballjones
Freshman
And1: 1

Re: Stephen Curry Supports Anthem Protests But Will Likely Stand 

Post#2 » by basktballjones » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:24 am

worriors will win this season. i just dont see any team that can match their fire power.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#3 » by Fresh360Waves » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:11 am

Of course he wouldn't not stand. He's got too much to lose.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,257

Post#4 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:35 pm

Racial injustice...lol.. From who? Your own kind? 93% of black homicide victims are killed by other blacks. I'd like to drop these ingrates off in the Congo for a month. Bet they stand their asses up when they get back. You're welcome, for the rights you have to play a childs game and get paid millions to do it, while disrespecting those that lost their lives, #injustice
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
oceanlife
Junior
And1: 727

Post#5 » by oceanlife » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:49 pm

I'm sick of politics being brought into sports. If I turn on a game it's because I want to escape reality for a little bit, I'll turn on CSPAN otherwise. Talking politics in sports when I just want to relax is like making love to a girl and bringing up taxes, it's not the time and a place for such things.
JBreezeNY
RealGM
And1: 10,734

Post#6 » by JBreezeNY » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:42 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:Racial injustice...lol.. From who? Your own kind? 93% of black homicide victims are killed by other blacks. I'd like to drop these ingrates off in the Congo for a month. Bet they stand their asses up when they get back. You're welcome, for the rights you have to play a childs game and get paid millions to do it, while disrespecting those that lost their lives, #injustice

Funny.
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 145

Post#7 » by MitchB3 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:19 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:Racial injustice...lol.. From who? Your own kind? 93% of black homicide victims are killed by other blacks. I'd like to drop these ingrates off in the Congo for a month. Bet they stand their asses up when they get back. You're welcome, for the rights you have to play a childs game and get paid millions to do it, while disrespecting those that lost their lives, #injustice

Shut up.
basktballjones
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#8 » by basktballjones » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:43 pm

Whats disrespectful is your blasfamous comment. :nonono: with out black people their wouldn't be nba. the least you can do is support their movement and say thank you.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,257

Post#9 » by Blue_and_Whte » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:46 pm

JBreezeNY wrote:Funny

MitchB3 wrote:
Shut up.

Excellent rebuttals guys.

basktballjones wrote:

Whats disrespectful is your blasfamous comment. :nonono: with out black people their wouldn't be nba. the least you can do is support their movement and say thank you.

I'm not discrediting the great things minority people have brought to our country, I'm talking about the false mantra that there's all this injustice when most of the crime against blacks is coming from other blacks. Your comment has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. You just blurted out a bunch of words.

If you're going to fight for something then make sure you actually know what it is your fighting for. Half of these guys do this crap because its popular and I'm willing to bet none of them actually know anything about crime statistics. Does he even know what injustice he's talking about? Or is he just following what the other guy did? He grew up a Curry, I doubt he's faced much injustice in the 21st century.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Bball0000
Bench Warmer
And1: 361

Post#10 » by Bball0000 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:04 pm

Half the country willingly voted for a BLACK president...TWICE, yeah but lets all pretend this is the 1960s. Having a few bad apple cops does not = racist USA. Kneeling during anthem is the stupidest protest for something that is completely INACCURATE. Racial equality has never been so good at any other point i U.S. history, and these dudes wanna pretend their slaves lmao. It's pure ignorance and inaccurate. This twitter hashtag generation just need something - anything - to make them think theyre doing something significant. To blame an entire country for a few bad cop incidents is laughable.

Return to Wiretap Discussion