Victor Oladipo Expects Some NBA Players To Protest During Anthem

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Victor Oladipo Expects Some NBA Players To Protest During Anthem 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:21 pm

Victor Oladipo expects Colin Kaepernick's decision to protest during the national anthem to spread to the NBA this season.

"Oh, no question," said Oladipo. "I truly believe it will. Because at the end of the day it’s a sport, and people are gonna be looking at some guys in the NBA to see what they’re gonna do as well. At the end of the day you just control what you can control, so your opinion is your opinion, that’s the beauty of the United States, so, do whatever you feel is best that will help you do whatever you believe."

Oladipo was traded to the Oklahoma City Thunder this offseason and was asked if he's discussed it yet with his teammates.

"Not yet, but a few people just in general I’ve had conversations with about that, I tell ‘em the same thing, people’s beliefs are people’s beliefs, you know what I mean, you can only control so much, you can only control what you can control, and the most things you can control is yourself. So whatever you believe, believe in to the utmost. But I think definitely, we’ll see a few guys in the NBA doing the same thing."

Via Russ Bengtson/Complex Sports

Heat_team02
RealGM
And1: 2,895

Re: Victor Oladipo Expects Some NBA Players To Protest During Anthem 

Post#2 » by Heat_team02 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:11 pm

http://deadline.com/2016/09/monday-night-football-opener-ratings-rams-49ers-espn-nfl-steelers-redskins-1201818617/

The Steelers vs. Redskins Game 1 pulled in a 9.1 in metered market results with the 49ers demolition of the Rams getting a 7.1. Or to put it another way, last night’s 6:55 – 10:12 PM ET Game 1 was down 7% from last year’s Atlanta Falcons win over the Philadelphia Eagles. As for Monday’s Game 2 …well, the 49ers 10:12 PM – 1:28 AM ET pounding of the Rams fell a hard 25% in MM results from last year’s Game 2 battle between the 49ers and the Minnesota Vikings. In that game, the Bay Area team had a strong 20-3 victory.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
A BETTER DJ
Sixth Man
And1: 302

Post#3 » by A BETTER DJ » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:25 pm

Instead of publicly displaying that they are A-holes those that wish to disrespect our anthem and flag should just stay in the dressing room. This is BS! If you don't love our country and what it used to stand for get out! If you DO love our country the way it used to be vote appropriately in November!~
Top notch Wedding DJ and photographer available nationwide. RealGM members Save $200 off our regular low prices!

GO MAGIC!
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#4 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:46 am

Anyone who protests the National Anthem should be sent home and told not to come back to the team until they show proper respect.
DrClutch
Junior
And1: 23

Post#5 » by DrClutch » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:17 pm

They suspend players like they did to Chris Jackson AKA Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf who long before these guys protested and was demonized by the media by the same racists ...

Return to Wiretap Discussion