Cameron Payne Suffers Fracture In Right Foot

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Cameron Payne Suffers Fracture In Right Foot 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:38 pm

Cameron Payne has suffered an acute fracture in the fifth metatarsal his right foot.

Payne suffered the injury on a drive to the basket against Josh Huestis in the first half of the Thunder's Blue and White Scrimmage on Tuesday.

The acute fracture is unrelated to the stress fracture Payne suffered during the season in that it's an impact injury. 

Following surgery on his right foot July 25 to repair a Jones fracture, Payne had been a full participant in preseason practice with no restrictions.

The Thunder acquired veteran guard Ronnie Price this offseason and is also confident with Victor Oladipo playing at point guard.

Via Erik Horne/Oklahoman

Tim Reynolds
Senior
And1: 970

Re: Cameron Payne Suffers Fracture In Right Foot 

Post#2 » by Tim Reynolds » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:47 pm

I knew I shoulda put a bet on the Thunder under.
ATTL wrote:Honestly you people laugh at toilet paper hoarders, but you really dont have enough toilet paper yourselves. The average person uses 1 roll per day. If you have a family of 4, that's 28 rolls a week. Over 100 a month.
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#3 » by IAMZOOTED » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:40 am

Tim Reynolds wrote:I knew I shoulda put a bet on the Thunder under.

Yeah, they lost Cameron Payne so they might as well give up
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

^ After the Timberwolves signed Jamal Crawford.
bj2323
Junior
And1: 31

Post#4 » by bj2323 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:47 am

Sounds payneful
I likes sports
stamp2
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#5 » by stamp2 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:22 pm

IAMZOOTED wrote:

Plus Ibaka. Also they lost some guy named Kavon Durent, shouldn't be a big deal though.
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect

Post#6 » by IAMZOOTED » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:41 pm

stamp2 wrote:
IAMZOOTED wrote:

Plus Ibaka. Also they lost some guy named Kavon Durent, shouldn't be a big deal though.

Except he mentioned taking the under on the thunder after Payne got hurt.. not after they traded ibaka or lost Durant.

And oladipo>ibaka
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

Tim Reynolds
Senior

Post#7 » by Tim Reynolds » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:13 pm

IAMZOOTED wrote:
stamp2 wrote:
IAMZOOTED wrote:

Except he mentioned taking the under on the thunder after Payne got hurt.. not after they traded ibaka or lost Durant.

And oladipo>ibaka

Yup, and I do think losing Payne hurts a team with Ronnie Price as the main ball handler for the second unit. And I wasn't inclined to believe the Thunder would reach their Vegas over of 46 wins before the injury, so yes I think losing Payne is impactful on a team that I believe will struggle for the 8th seed this year.

And just for the record, I would much rather have Ibaka on most teams then Oladipo. He's great, but I think Ibaka's skill set as a big man is much rarer and more valuable for a championship-level team. Examples: Bosh/Draymond/Love/Diaw.
ATTL wrote:Honestly you people laugh at toilet paper hoarders, but you really dont have enough toilet paper yourselves. The average person uses 1 roll per day. If you have a family of 4, that's 28 rolls a week. Over 100 a month.
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by IAMZOOTED » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:00 pm

Tim Reynolds wrote:
IAMZOOTED wrote:
stamp2 wrote:

And oladipo>ibaka

Yup, and I do think losing Payne hurts a team with Ronnie Price as the main ball handler for the second unit. And I wasn't inclined to believe the Thunder would reach their Vegas over of 46 wins before the injury, so yes I think losing Payne is impactful on a team that I believe will struggle for the 8th seed this year.

And just for the record, I would much rather have Ibaka on most teams then Oladipo. He's great, but I think Ibaka's skill set as a big man is much rarer and more valuable for a championship-level team. Examples: Bosh/Draymond/Love/Diaw.

They won 45 games in 2014-2015 Durant played in 27 games. Westbrook also missed quite a few games that year, they have a decent chance to win 47 games this year.

And ibaka has been declining for a few years now, oladipo is on the rise, and let's not act like Adams is a scrub. Adding oladipo and Adams increased time on the court more than makes up for the loss of ibaka.

Tim Reynolds
Senior

Post#9 » by Tim Reynolds » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:33 pm

IAMZOOTED wrote:
Tim Reynolds wrote:
IAMZOOTED wrote:

And oladipo>ibaka

They won 45 games in 2014-2015 Durant played in 27 games. Westbrook also missed quite a few games that year, they have a decent chance to win 47 games this year.

And ibaka has been declining for a few years now, oladipo is on the rise, and let's not act like Adams is a scrub. Adding oladipo and Adams increased time on the court more than makes up for the loss of ibaka.

That right there is my point. Without Durant playing those 27 games I would expect them to win no more then 40 that season. I feel like Houston, Utah, Portland, and even Dallas has better chances at making playoffs then Oklahoma.

Do I think the Thunder made a good trade? Absolutely! I love Oladipo but like I said, for a real championship contender, Ibaka is heaps more valuable. Oladipo's role on a championship team could be replaced by Leandro Barbosa, Jamal Crawford, Terrance Ross, or any number of other score-first wings who come off the bench. AFAIK, his defense is average or slightly above, but nothing crazy. Right now he seems like a good/great sixth man for a contender, not a legit starter, ONLY due to his lack of a outside shot.

Ibaka? His skill set makes opposing defenses have to worry about his outside shot, he has foot speed to guard a stretch 4 and handle the PnR, and is a solid rim protector. Three years from now? I dunno, but for this season and next I expect him to ball.

For a treadmill team? I rather have Oladipo and his highlights; him and Westbrook will top class league pass material for sure. But a title-chasing team doesn't do that trade IMO.
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect

Post#10 » by IAMZOOTED » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:44 pm

Tim Reynolds wrote:
IAMZOOTED wrote:
Tim Reynolds wrote:

That right there is my point. Without Durant playing those 27 games I would expect them to win no more then 40 that season. I feel like Houston, Utah, Portland, and even Dallas has better chances at making playoffs then Oklahoma.

Do I think the Thunder made a good trade? Absolutely! I love Oladipo but like I said, for a real championship contender, Ibaka is heaps more valuable. Oladipo's role on a championship team could be replaced by Leandro Barbosa, Jamal Crawford, Terrance Ross, or any number of other score-first wings who come off the bench. AFAIK, his defense is average or slightly above, but nothing crazy. Right now he seems like a good/great sixth man for a contender, not a legit starter, ONLY due to his lack of a outside shot.

Ibaka? His skill set makes opposing defenses have to worry about his outside shot, he has foot speed to guard a stretch 4 and handle the PnR, and is a solid rim protector. Three years from now? I dunno, but for this season and next I expect him to ball.

For a treadmill team? I rather have Oladipo and his highlights; him and Westbrook will top class league pass material for sure. But a title-chasing team doesn't do that trade IMO.

They're not a championship team though..

And I think OKC will be better than all those teams you mentioned, but Portland is a great example of a team being good with two really good guards.. That's pretty much all they had

IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect

Post#11 » by IAMZOOTED » Sat Oct 1, 2016 3:18 am

Tim Reynolds wrote:
IAMZOOTED wrote:
Tim Reynolds wrote:

And the thunder went 24-13 from the time Westbrook got back until durant came back

Tim Reynolds
Senior

Post#12 » by Tim Reynolds » Sat Oct 1, 2016 1:55 pm

IAMZOOTED wrote:
Tim Reynolds wrote:
IAMZOOTED wrote:

They're not a championship team though..

And I think OKC will be better than all those teams you mentioned, but Portland is a great example of a team being good with two really good guards.. That's pretty much all they had

You said Oladipo > Ibaka. I gave a detailed response to why I think Ibaka > Oladipo. I judge NBA players by their importance on how impactful they are/would be on a team going for it all. IMO, its much harder to replace Ibakas skill set and physical tools then it is Oladipo's.

Portland isn't a bad analogy, and while I think McCollum's shooting makes Portland harder to guard overall, Westbrook is ridiculous.

But if your up for it I'm still sold on the under ;)

Return to Wiretap Discussion