Rockets Would Have To Promise Sergio Llull Significant Role To Bring Him To NBA

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Rockets Would Have To Promise Sergio Llull Significant Role To Bring Him To NBA 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Oct 7, 2016 3:46 pm

The Houston Rockets remain interested in bringing Sergio Llull over to the NBA.

The Rockets own Llull's NBA draft rights.

Llull is a widely popular player for Real Madrid and signed an extension in 2015 for six seasons. Llull, however, does have a manageable buyout.

The belief is the Rockets would have to promise Llull a significant role with the team in order to get him to eventually leave Real Madrid.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN

Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,880

Re: Rockets Would Have To Promise Sergio Llull Significant Role To Bring Him To NBA 

Post#2 » by Fotis St » Fri Oct 7, 2016 4:27 pm

Dear Llull,

Even if they promise you ... don't believe them ...

Remember V.Spanoulis and Kostas Papanikolaou ...

Wish you the best,

A Greek fan
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,935

Re: Rockets Would Have To Promise Sergio Llull Significant Role To Bring Him To NBA 

Post#3 » by K_chile22 » Fri Oct 7, 2016 4:45 pm

Fotis St wrote:Dear Llull,

Wish you the best,

A Greek fan

Sadly, those guys weren't good lol I was the last guy on Papanikolaou island even after the trade to Denver but it just wasn't meant to be :(
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#4 » by BallerTalk » Fri Oct 7, 2016 7:40 pm

Fotis St wrote:Dear Llull,

Wish you the best,

A Greek fan

Those guys weren't promised anything and neither should Llull be.
If he wants a "significant role" he should come and earn it.

Keeping it real,

An NBA fan
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
sutton
Sophomore
And1: 43

Post#5 » by sutton » Fri Oct 7, 2016 9:17 pm

"Significant Role" for 8 minutes total, when Harden rest.
ooptolebron
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,208

Post#6 » by ooptolebron » Fri Oct 7, 2016 9:36 pm

The guy is 28. He is a finished product; don't see a point is chasing him so hard for NEXT season. Give him an offer and move on.

Miami Heat vs. LA Lakers NBA Finals 2011 - Miami in 6
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#7 » by Mr. E » Fri Oct 7, 2016 10:14 pm

From what I understand he's signed with his current club through 2021 and has a massive buyout. I think that Houston should move on from this one.

However, I do not think that they should trade his rights away. Those could still have value.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#8 » by K_chile22 » Sat Oct 8, 2016 6:49 pm

Mr. E wrote:From what I understand he's signed with his current club through 2021 and has a massive buyout. I think that Houston should move on from this one.

However, I do not think that they should trade his rights away. Those could still have value.

I believe Stein wrote that many executives called his buyout "manageable" whatever that means. No matter how many times he breaks my heart I will never give up on Llull lol
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#9 » by Mr. E » Sat Oct 8, 2016 9:16 pm

K_chile22 wrote:
Mr. E wrote:From what I understand he's signed with his current club through 2021 and has a massive buyout. I think that Houston should move on from this one.

I believe Stein wrote that many executives called his buyout "manageable" whatever that means. No matter how many times he breaks my heart I will never give up on Llull lol

Don't get me wrong, I'd still like to see him over here (which is why I don't want to give up his rights); but I just do not think that it will happen. I don't get the feeling that he is serious about ever making the jump to the NBA. Everything about his situation sounds like he is very comfortable with his professional career as it stands.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#10 » by K_chile22 » Sun Oct 9, 2016 2:24 am

Mr. E wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I'd still like to see him over here (which is why I don't want to give up his rights); but I just do not think that it will happen. I don't get the feeling that he is serious about ever making the jump to the NBA. Everything about his situation sounds like he is very comfortable with his professional career as it stands.

You're probably right. I wonder if when guys like Llull, who is a superstar over there, leave for the NBA they receive backlash like KD leaving okc. That could play a factor in it. Maybe some Spanish or European fans can clear that up for me on here
igzalver
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#11 » by igzalver » Tue Nov 1, 2016 9:47 am

"I wonder if when guys like Llull, who is a superstar over there, leave for the NBA they receive backlash like KD leaving okc".

No, not at all. Whats more, plenty of us want to see him moving to NBA to play with the best. He joined the team when he was a teenager and the team was at its bottom but in the last 5 years is a none stop tittle winner and at some stage he will realize that staying in the same club to win the same tittles once and again will not be a challenge any longer. If Madrid makes Euroleague this year again i bet my right hand he will do the move to NBA, otherwise and being 28/29 he will never do.

Return to Wiretap Discussion