Ty Lawson To Meet With Kings After Missing Team Flight

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Ty Lawson To Meet With Kings After Missing Team Flight 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:26 pm

Ty Lawson will have to meet with team officials to explain himself after missing the Kings' recent flight to Kentucky for an exhibition game.

Lawson was late to a Kings shootaround in Las Vegas earlier this week, then missed the team's trip east before Saturday night's Sacramento/Washington preseason game at Rupp Arena.

The Kings attributed Lawson's absence from the lineup in Lexington to "personal reasons." He has since returned to Sacramento, sources said, and faces an uncertain future with his new team after the week's events.

Darren Collison will be suspended for the first eight games of the season, which has created an even bigger need for Lawson.

The Kings also have Jordan Farmar on their roster.

The Kings have been publicly optimistic about Lawson's ability to contribute for much of training camp.

Lawson has been arrested four times for driving under the influence -- twice in a seven-month span in 2015. 

Via Marc Stein/ESPN

7 Footer
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 24,859

Re: Ty Lawson To Meet With Kings After Missing Team Flight 

Post#2 » by 7 Footer » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:17 pm

Must have partied late night to be late for shootaround and missed flight cuz he got too drunk the night before. Complete ******* headcase. Arrested 4 times... :nonono:
damecurry
General Manager
And1: 1,517

Post#3 » by damecurry » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:41 am

Kings pg rotation for the first 8 games: Garrett Temple; Jordan Farmar.....
That team goes 0-8... you just can't win games without a pg in this league
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#4 » by IAMZOOTED » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:37 am

damecurry wrote:Kings pg rotation for the first 8 games: Garrett Temple; Jordan Farmar.....

The kings definitely could start out the season 0-8 but it's not going to be because they don't have a PG, it'll be because they're bad. They were 1-7 in their first 8 games last year.

Didn't the jazz miss the playoffs by one game? Before they got Mack (who is nothing special) weren't Neto and Burke their two PGs?
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

^ After the Timberwolves signed Jamal Crawford.
damecurry
General Manager

Post#5 » by damecurry » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:46 am

IAMZOOTED wrote:
damecurry wrote:Kings pg rotation for the first 8 games: Garrett Temple; Jordan Farmar.....

The kings definitely could start out the season 0-8 but it's not going to be because they don't have a PG, it'll be because they're bad. They were 1-7 in their first 8 games last year.

Didn't the jazz miss the playoffs by one game? Before they got Mack (who is nothing special) weren't Neto and Burke their two PGs?

Yes, but neto and burke are substantially closer to average pgs than temple and farmar. True the Jazz are substantially better almost everywhere aside from the kings having the best player between them, but I would argue it was only the disastrous pg situation and their lack of a true closer that kept them from the playoff and that they probably would've made it to the 2nd round if they'd done the george hill trade last year. PG situation is extremely important, or at least having a "primary creator," someone to distribute and run an offense, teams fall apart without one and forcing boogie or gay into that role is just a step too far. The Kings need Lawson even after collison can come back, they'd at least be in the playoff conversation if they can figure that situation out... if they can't, I guess they get to keep their top 10 protected pick at least?
shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,521

Post#6 » by shadrock » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:57 am

Cannot fathom the thought process that determined it was a good idea to add an alcoholic to the most dysfunctional lockerroom in the league. Kingslyf.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#7 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:21 am

What chaos!
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Post#8 » by 12footrim » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:33 pm

Can't win with a guy with a 9.7 PER either like he had last year who is also to small to defend and might not even show up for work on top of it. The reality is those guys were probably better last year anyway and for a 29 year old 5-11 PG it's not even that unreasonable to believe that's just who he is. A lot of these small PG's become ineffective just fall off a cliff sometimes anyway.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
Hubert44
Senior
And1: 708

Post#9 » by Hubert44 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:11 pm

If this is, indeed, alcohol-related, Lawson needs TREATMENT. 1-6 months in a REHAB before he pisses away his career.
Hakimbrook46
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#10 » by Hakimbrook46 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:58 pm

Not again! Honestly the world isn't giving Lawson, Rondo and JR Smith a fair treatment! and that's obviously due to their past which isn't supposed to have anything to do with their presence.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,920

Post#11 » by F N 11 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:42 pm

Team shoot around in Vegas explains it all.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
12footrim
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by 12footrim » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:28 pm

Hakimbrook46 wrote:Not again! Honestly the world isn't giving Lawson, Rondo and JR Smith a fair treatment! and that's obviously due to their past which isn't supposed to have anything to do with their presence.

I don't see where those two are comparable to Lawson. Probably the Kings other PG Collison is a better comparison. Sure JR got suspended 5 games or whatever a couple years ago for smoking pot but I'd bet most of the NBA smokes pot. He just got himself caught. I see a pretty big difference in that and getting 4 DUI's or domestic violence. Much more menacing to society IMO.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
12footrim
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by 12footrim » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:31 pm

Hubert44 wrote:If this is, indeed, alcohol-related, Lawson needs TREATMENT. 1-6 months in a REHAB before he pisses away his career.

It's already cost him 11 million dollars last year and probably a 100 million dollar contract on top of it. Even if he did that I can't see a team really investing him him now more than low cost flier type contracts as easy as it would be to fall back into.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Post#14 » by RonaldArtest » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:12 pm

A boardroom meeting between the Sacramento Kings management team, and a drunkard. Sounds more entertaining that most reality TV shows.
damecurry
General Manager

Post#15 » by damecurry » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:12 pm

12footrim wrote:

Can't win with a guy with a 9.7 PER either like he had last year who is also to small to defend and might not even show up for work on top of it. The reality is those guys were probably better last year anyway and for a 29 year old 5-11 PG it's not even that unreasonable to believe that's just who he is. A lot of these small PG's become ineffective just fall off a cliff sometimes anyway.

Hey I'm not about to stand up and defend lawson I think he's terrible but I know jordan farmar is awful, not at all an nba player, and temple cannot run an offense. So Lawson somehow returning to the guy he was a few years ago is the King's only chance to not have an atrocious start, and a rough season even after collison comes back because darren is at best a slightly below average starting pg and you really need a very strong backup for him, farmar/temple are not going to cut it so if lawson doesn't work (as it appears is likely atm) than they're up a creek without a paddle....
12footrim
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by 12footrim » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:14 pm

damecurry wrote:
12footrim wrote:

Hey I'm not about to stand up and defend lawson I think he's terrible but I know jordan farmar is awful, not at all an nba player, and temple cannot run an offense. So Lawson somehow returning to the guy he was a few years ago is the King's only chance to not have an atrocious start, and a rough season even after collison comes back because darren is at best a slightly below average starting pg and you really need a very strong backup for him, farmar/temple are not going to cut it so if lawson doesn't work (as it appears is likely atm) than they're up a creek without a paddle....

When you go into a season with Collison as a starter and overpay Garret Temple what they did you are screwed regardless.

As far as Farmar for a PG making 500k a year I don't know what you could really expect. He's probably one of the best values they have for what he's paid. He was actually better than Lawson statistically, has better size, is the same age and most importantly at least professional enough not to miss a flight. Honestly I'd rather play Farmar than Garrett Temple and his 8 million dollar contract and 9.2 PER last year and his career 9.0 PER. There's your problem. Farmar at least flirted with average production.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource

Return to Wiretap Discussion