Paul George: My Only Goal Is Playing For A Championship

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Paul George: My Only Goal Is Playing For A Championship 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:44 pm

Paul George has the chance to spend his entire career with the Indiana Pacers, something the franchise would certainly welcome.

George can become a free agent in 2018.

“Guys want to play with guys,” George said. “I think I have a better chance to accomplish that given Reggie (Miller) and the era that he was in. My only goal is playing for a championship. As long as we’re competitive and I have something to do with that, I’m happy.”

George has spent much of his career trying to get past LeBron James.

“In order for me to win, I’ve got to take him out,” George said. “At this time, I feel more experienced. It’s now about how do I get my team to play at a higher level. That’s what I’m trying to get to.”

Via Nate Taylor/Indianapolis Star

Reaper_
Ballboy
And1: 4

Re: Paul George: My Only Goal Is Playing For A Championship 

Post#2 » by Reaper_ » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:14 am

True rolemodel, trying to win without teaming up with stars, as others do, respect for that, good luck bringing first championship to Indiana!
MJallday59
Veteran
And1: 116

Post#3 » by MJallday59 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:12 am

Reaper_ wrote:True rolemodel, trying to win without teaming up with stars, as others do, respect for that, good luck bringing first championship to Indiana!

Where did he say he wanted to win without teaming up? Lol. No chance George stays imo.
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#4 » by NashtyNas » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:45 am

Reaper_ wrote:True rolemodel, trying to win without teaming up with stars, as others do, respect for that, good luck bringing first championship to Indiana!

I think George needs a lot more help than Teague to accomplish that goal.
Those teams with Hibbert, Lance and Hill alongside George played some excellent defense.
Bird wants to run more, which is fine given the way the league is headed... but to be in contention for championships, you need personnel that can do a lot more than what the Pacers of today can on the other end.

Turner is a nice piece who I think will develop into something, but outside of Teague, George and Turner I'm not sure theres much there. Some good role players for sure, but no one that can help in stopping LeBron and co.

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
Black Jack
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,295

Post#5 » by Black Jack » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:35 am

No problem, I know a good landing spot that will sign Paul on a vet min in a few years 8-)
Rest in peace Kobe & Gianna

my response to KD critics: https://tinyurl.com/tlgc6bf

Return to Wiretap Discussion