Knicks Tried To Sign Nicolas Batum In Free Agency

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Knicks Tried To Sign Nicolas Batum In Free Agency 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:22 pm

The New York Knicks had interest in Nicolas Batum during the 2016 offseason.

New York envisioned adding both Batum and Joakim Noah to their starting lineup. Batum would have to take less money than the five-year, $120 million deal he signed with the Charlotte Hornets while also adapting to the usage rates of Derrick Rose and Carmelo Anthony.

“There were options with other teams and different scenarios. But I tried to look at what suited me best, and look at this franchise long term. Having Kemba (Walker) under contract, having MKG (Michael Kidd-Gilchrist) under contract, having Frank [Kaminsky] under contract, having Coach Clifford under contract, we have the same core.

“Me personally, I won’t change my game. I got paid because I play a certain way, and especially with this team.”

The Knicks eventually signed Courtney Lee, who finished last season with the Hornets.

Via Shams Charania/The Vertical

ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Re: Knicks Tried To Sign Nicolas Batum In Free Agency 

Post#2 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:15 pm

They wanted him, but had no chance
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Re: Knicks Tried To Sign Nicolas Batum In Free Agency 

Post#3 » by br7knicks » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:31 pm

as a knicks fan, i was really high on them getting him. i don't blame batum for staying with charlotte. i would've too. knicks are a mess and will continue to be for the next 3 years at least.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/

Return to Wiretap Discussion