Re: Kevin Love Believes He's Still An All-Star

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kevin Love Believes He's Still An All-Star 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:57 pm

Kevin Love has yet to make an All-Star Game since joining the Cleveland Cavaliers as he's sacrificed some of his individual achievements to be part of a title team.

Love has made a strong case to be an All-Star this season.

"I think you come in every year hoping to play well, play your best and I believe in my heart every year -- and it's not like I forgot how to play -- I'm an All-Star caliber player. I don't necessarily need All-Star appearances to show that," Love told cleveland.com recently. "If we continue to win and we keep playing well I think there's a goal and it's within reach. But it's not something I'm going out every night saying I have to be an All-Star.

"I also think the fact that us winning a championship and winning changes a lot of people's perspective on things and you don't really know what that means until you go through that. I think that is different. You mentioned that being the end goal. You have individual goals but it has to fit within the landscape of what we're doing."

"He's the Kevin Love of old and this is everything we expected out of him," LeBron James said. "That's what we want out of him. But there's no added pressure for him. He's going out and just playing his game right now. He's at a point where he's just comfortable with everything and it's great to have him."

Via Chris Fedor/Cleveland Plain Dealer

12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Post#2 » by 12footrim » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:46 pm

How is he not this year.

21.7ppg
10.8rpg
in only 31.7 minutes
.617 True Shooting
25.1 PER
#13th in real NBA Real Plus Minus

on the #1 team in the East

He should get in before Kyrie this year. Statistically he's sniffing around Lebron as well. He's been great this year even his steals are up way over what he's done before.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
FrontPageNews
Starter
And1: 1,474

Post#3 » by FrontPageNews » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:56 pm

He could potentially start. It'll come down between he and giannis
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Re: Re: Kevin Love Believes He's Still An All-Star 

Post#4 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:41 pm

Like Chris Bosh?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
wallsfamily
Pro Prospect
And1: 155

Post#5 » by wallsfamily » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:08 am

A matter of perception. His numbers were better or comparable to Milsap, Horford and Korver but all four made all star game two years ago from Hawks. He is the best PF not named Anthony Davis.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,210

Post#6 » by Pickled Prunes » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:41 pm

Yeah, he's right.
Butwhatif
Ballboy
And1: 13

Post#7 » by Butwhatif » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:22 am

wallsfamily wrote:A matter of perception. His numbers were better or comparable to Milsap, Horford and Korver but all four made all star game two years ago from Hawks. He is the best PF not named Anthony Davis.

I like Kevin love. That being said I'm taking Aldridge, Davis, draymond all before him...and maybe Blake Griffin

Return to Wiretap Discussion