Donatas Motiejunas Saw 'Best Opportunity' With Pelicans After 'Frustrating' Free Agency

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Donatas Motiejunas Saw 'Best Opportunity' With Pelicans After 'Frustrating' Free Agency 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jan 4, 2017 9:38 pm

Donatas Motiejunas is looking forward to returning to game action with the New Orleans Pelicans for the first time in eight months after a lengthy free agency.

"It was really frustrating," Motiejunas said about the situation. "On the other [hand], I tried to keep my cool head. I was working out in Vancouver, so not a lot of people know me there. There was not a lot of pressure. I had a lot of good people there around me who helped me really go through this."

A lingering back injury forced Motiejunas out of all but 37 games last season and led to the voiding of a trade last February to the Detroit Pistons.

"I've been cleared by every single team that I visited, medically" Motiejunas said.

The Lakers and Wolves also had interest in Motiejunas.

"I visited a couple of teams and I saw the best opportunity here," he said, "so my decision was pretty easy."

Via Justin Verrier/ESPN

Woody Allen
General Manager
And1: 2,840

Re: Donatas Motiejunas Saw 'Best Opportunity' With Pelicans After 'Frustrating' Free Agency 

Post#2 » by Woody Allen » Wed Jan 4, 2017 11:31 pm

Yeah his best opportunity was to third-string back up Anthony freaking Davis.
anatomicbomb
Sixth Man
And1: 1,208

Re: Donatas Motiejunas Saw 'Best Opportunity' With Pelicans After 'Frustrating' Free Agency 

Post#3 » by anatomicbomb » Wed Jan 4, 2017 11:55 pm

A team of chuckers always has minutes on its roster for another chucker. It took a team that only has one player shooting over 50% from the floor (in a whopping total of 80 minutes of action this season), and most aren't even close, to sign Montiejunas. Donatas' mediocre career percentages are a bit better than the average Pelican; all they need to do now is trade for Danilo and Lowry, and convince Swaggy P to put down his phone to huck a few and they have the market cornered. Suddenly, their trash is everyone's treasure - because every team needs a chucker, right? Right, guys?

Logic level: Russell. Bertrand Russell. Executive of the year trophy headed to the swamp - called it here, first.

Spoiler:
Everything is practice.
Alonzo_Morning
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,624

Post#4 » by Alonzo_Morning » Thu Jan 5, 2017 3:10 am

anatomicbomb wrote:A team of chuckers always has minutes on its roster for another chucker. It took a team that only has one player shooting over 50% from the floor (in a whopping total of 80 minutes of action this season), and most aren't even close, to sign Montiejunas. Donatas' mediocre career percentages are a bit better than the average Pelican; all they need to do now is trade for Danilo and Lowry, and convince Swaggy P to put down his phone to huck a few and they have the market cornered. Suddenly, their trash is everyone's treasure - because every team needs a chucker, right? Right, guys?

Logic level: Russell. Bertrand Russell. Executive of the year trophy headed to the swamp - called it here, first.

wow
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,844

Post#5 » by inquisitive » Thu Jan 5, 2017 3:04 pm

anatomicbomb wrote:A team of chuckers always has minutes on its roster for another chucker. It took a team that only has one player shooting over 50% from the floor (in a whopping total of 80 minutes of action this season), and most aren't even close, to sign Montiejunas. Donatas' mediocre career percentages are a bit better than the average Pelican; all they need to do now is trade for Danilo and Lowry, and convince Swaggy P to put down his phone to huck a few and they have the market cornered. Suddenly, their trash is everyone's treasure - because every team needs a chucker, right? Right, guys?

tells us how you really feel...
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI

Return to Wiretap Discussion