Draymond Green: Loss Will Help Warriors Fix Fourth Quarter Issues On Offense

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Draymond Green: Loss Will Help Warriors Fix Fourth Quarter Issues On Offense 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Jan 7, 2017 7:49 pm

The Golden State Warriors blew a 24-point lead at home and lost 128-119 to the Memphis Grizzlies in overtime.

Draymond Green was critical of the Warriors' late game offense and became particularly animated when Kevin Durant shot a top of the arc three off the dribble in the final minute of regulation.

"We had Kevin with an iso at the top," Steve Kerr explained. "He had Zach [Randolph] on him and I thought about taking a timeout, but I liked the matchup and so I let the play go through."

"Our fourth-quarter offense has been atrocious, and I don't know if you could see," Green said. "Everyone only notices in losses, but I actually pay attention to things when we win also."

Green said the Warriors' sixth loss of the season will magnify issues they have been experiencing even in wins.

"I'm actually happy we lost today because there's some things that we need to correct in order to win a championship, and that's our goal," he said. "So trying to win every regular-season game really don't matter. I want to see us get better each and every time we step on the floor, and I don't feel like that's been happening for the things we need to get better at. So I'm kind of thrilled that we lost because you usually make corrections when you lose."

Via Chris Haynes/ESPN

intheair1
Freshman
And1: 8

Re: Draymond Green: Loss Will Help Warriors Fix Fourth Quarter Issues On Offense 

Post#2 » by intheair1 » Sat Jan 7, 2017 10:52 pm

why draymond always act like hes smarter than everybody else, even his own coaches and teammates? not a good look man. "thrilled that we lost" smh...
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Re: Draymond Green: Loss Will Help Warriors Fix Fourth Quarter Issues On Offense 

Post#3 » by Pickled Prunes » Sun Jan 8, 2017 1:00 am

intheair1 wrote:why draymond always act like hes smarter than everybody else, even his own coaches and teammates? not a good look man. "thrilled that we lost" smh...

Yeah, he talks too much. But his teammates and coaches likely agree with him and are probably saying the same thing. Last year was too easy; they weren't ready for true adversity. They are good enough to lose focus for quarters at a time and still win most games.
Bball0000
Bench Warmer
And1: 361

Post#4 » by Bball0000 » Sun Jan 8, 2017 5:35 am

intheair1 wrote:why draymond always act like hes smarter than everybody else, even his own coaches and teammates? not a good look man. "thrilled that we lost" smh...

That's your interpretation. Or maybe he's just a champ who knows the level of play that's needed to win a ring? Draymond's one of the smartest and most competitive players I've ever seen play. How many other PF's do you know that can do the number of things he can do on the court, while also being a leader, heart of the team, and a winner. Not many. The man has great basketball instincts on the court and locker room (ex. - speaking the truth about the intangibles to get his team to refocus).
jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,622

Post#5 » by jirrit » Sun Jan 8, 2017 7:25 am

DGreen once again headlining realgm with nothing substantial.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#6 » by old rem » Sun Jan 8, 2017 3:39 pm

Bball0000 wrote:

That's your interpretation. Or maybe he's just a champ who knows the level of play that's needed to win a ring? Draymond's one of the smartest and most competitive players I've ever seen play. How many other PF's do you know that can do the number of things he can do on the court, while also being a leader, heart of the team, and a winner. Not many. The man has great basketball instincts on the court and locker room (ex. - speaking the truth about the intangibles to get his team to refocus).

For GSW, Dray plays MANY roles and of their stars.. he's the extrovert, the guy who will give the media real meat. He also is a "coach on the floor". Dray sees the game. He gets the moment to moment dynamics and tactics and he acts like a turbo that can inject an extra boost to a powerful machine. He has 3 All Star team mates and HE can GET ON THEM. They expect it.

If you see GSW a lot.....you know how Dray is the extra factor. the guy is willing and able to step up,to fill the gap in MANY ways.
CENSORED... No comment.
Arp590
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,989

Post#7 » by Arp590 » Sun Jan 8, 2017 6:34 pm

He has a point.. nobody looks at your weaknesses when you are winning games.. when you start losing that's when people actually pay attention.
It seems like this is a common phenomenon when people think about sports.

Return to Wiretap Discussion