Kevin Garnett Hired By Clippers As Consultant

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kevin Garnett Hired By Clippers As Consultant 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:03 pm

Kevin Garnett has been hired by the Los Angeles Clippers as a consultant.

Garnett was at the Clippers' practice on Tuesday.

After retiring as an active player just before this season following a two-decade career, Garnett made a training camp appearance with the Clippers. 

Garnett played for Doc Rivers in Boston for six seasons

Via Broderick Turner/Los Angeles Times

gold0259
Sixth Man
And1: 65

Re: Kevin Garnett Hired By Clippers As Consultant 

Post#2 » by gold0259 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:24 pm

Timberwolves totally got screwed. KG signs two year 16 million dollar deal with Wolves, plays in a handful of games one year, then they are paying him 8 million dollars to not play for the wolves this year, but yet he chooses to work for the LA Clippers SMH!
Some loyalty
mastermixer
Starter
And1: 2,951

Post#3 » by mastermixer » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:43 pm

So is he still on TNT?
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr
RajonRambo
Sophomore
And1: 29

Post#4 » by RajonRambo » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:37 am

gold0259 wrote:Timberwolves totally got screwed. KG signs two year 16 million dollar deal with Wolves, plays in a handful of games one year, then they are paying him 8 million dollars to not play for the wolves this year, but yet he chooses to work for the LA Clippers SMH!
Some loyalty

whoa...didn't realize he was still getting payed by the T-wolves?! That's crazy, he should be there mentoring KAT. Didn't he want to become a part owner of the Wolves? Bizarre.
gold0259
Sixth Man

Post#5 » by gold0259 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:44 am

Yeah its a head scratcher for me man! He could be working with KAT WIG AND GD, plus thibs is there...must be loyal to Doc
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#6 » by NashtyNas » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:03 am

gold0259 wrote:Timberwolves totally got screwed. KG signs two year 16 million dollar deal with Wolves, plays in a handful of games one year, then they are paying him 8 million dollars to not play for the wolves this year, but yet he chooses to work for the LA Clippers SMH!
Some loyalty

That's just not true..

The $ counts against the Timberwolves cap, but they have a choice whether they actually want to pay him or not.
No rules bind them to pay him. Whatever they pay him, will count against the cap.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q63

So let's not spread lies like KG screwed the Wolves, he absolutely did not.
He can work for whoever he wants, he retired as a player and had no obligations to work for the Wolves.
Some loyalty? Don't question a persons loyalty when you don't even have the facts straight. :roll:

PS. Yes, I know this is from the 2011 CBA. AFAIK, there are no reports that any of this was even discussed in the new CBA - it's staying as it is. Obviously we won't know until details come out, but it's safe to assume teams will not agree to be bound to play retired players.

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
RaptorRed
Rookie
And1: 472

Post#7 » by RaptorRed » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:19 am

Some loyalty

KG is a very loyal guy and the combination of saunders passing away and the way they treated his friend Sam Mitchell led him to retire and leave
"We're like Tim Duncan and David Robinson," Villanueva said, following the team's morning shootaround at the America West Arena. "But a younger version. I really feel that."
gold0259
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by gold0259 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:40 pm

I_Socrates wrote:
Some loyalty

That's just not true..

The $ counts against the Timberwolves cap, but they have a choice whether they actually want to pay him or not.
No rules bind them to pay him. Whatever they pay him, will count against the cap.

He can work for whoever he wants, he retired as a player and had no obligations to work for the Wolves.
Some loyalty? Don't question a persons loyalty when you don't even have the facts straight. :roll:

PS. Yes, I know this is from the 2011 CBA. AFAIK, there are no reports that any of this was even discussed in the new CBA - it's staying as it is. Obviously we won't know until details come out, but it's safe to assume teams will not agree to be bound to play retired players.

Let's see their checkbook smart a$$ and see they haven't given Garnett one red nickel... my A$$.
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#9 » by Donnyxc » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:11 pm

gold0259 wrote:
I_Socrates wrote:
Some loyalty

That's just not true..

Let's see their checkbook smart a$$ and see they haven't given Garnett one red nickel... my A$$.

This guy's logic ^ "Until I see the Timberwolves books, I have to believe they are paying KG 8 million for no reason" :crazy:
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
pjiggz
Junior
And1: 25

Post#10 » by pjiggz » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:22 pm

Him going back to timber wolves to retire is loyalty enough. Him helping Coach Rivers who he won a chip with and played 6 years with is even more amazing loyalty. This guys is spewing loyalty out the anus.
pjiggz
Junior
And1: 25

Post#11 » by pjiggz » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:23 pm

Donnyxc wrote:
gold0259 wrote:
I_Socrates wrote:
That's just not true..

This guy's logic ^ "Until I see the Timberwolves books, I have to believe they are paying KG 8 million for no reason" :crazy:

Him going back to timber wolves to retire is loyalty enough. Him helping Coach Rivers who he won a chip with and played 6 years with is even more amazing loyalty. This guys is spewing loyalty out the anus.
NashtyNas
RealGM

Post#12 » by NashtyNas » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:54 pm

gold0259 wrote:Let's see their checkbook smart a$$ and see they haven't given Garnett one red nickel... my A$$.

See, attacking me doesn't change the facts. I just presented them to... whether you want to accept them or not, that's up to you.
Seems like since they don't fit in with your false narrative, you're going to continue to ignore them and attack me instead.
Kudos to you sir.

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
gold0259
Sixth Man

Post#13 » by gold0259 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:42 pm

I_Socrates wrote:
gold0259 wrote:Let's see their checkbook smart a$$ and see they haven't given Garnett one red nickel... my A$$.

See, attacking me doesn't change the facts. I just presented them to... whether you want to accept them or not, that's up to you.
Seems like since they don't fit in with your false narrative, you're going to continue to ignore them and attack me instead.
Kudos to you sir.

Its not an attack it is a fact. KG is being paid by the wolves this season as part of his buyout. The guy should be working with the wolves as he is already being paid by them.
NashtyNas
RealGM

Post#14 » by NashtyNas » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:47 pm

gold0259 wrote:
I_Socrates wrote:

Kudos to you sir.

Its not an attack it is a fact. KG is being paid by the wolves this season as part of his buyout. The guy should be working with the wolves as he is already being paid by them.

Except you did attack me, and what you're saying is not at all factual.
There was no buy out - I'm not sure where you're getting this information but it's not true.
He retired - plain and simple.
Whether the Wolves pay him or not is up to them as a franchise, not KG.
If they pay him, it's out of good will. If they don't, they can't be forced to.
I don't know what will make those facts sink in... because clearly reading them the first time didn't help.
He has no obligation to "work" for the Wolves because he retired as a player. Plain and simple. His contractual obligations to the Wolves were over the second he signed the retirement papers. That's all.

Return to Wiretap Discussion