LeBron James Upset With How He's Been Officiated This Season

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

LeBron James Upset With How He's Been Officiated This Season 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:03 pm

LeBron James has grown increasingly frustrated by the manner in which he's been officiated this season.

James' frustration boiled over with 2:09 remaining in the first quarter, when he shouted at referee Tyler Ford and was assessed a rare technical foul -- just his second of the season -- after Utah's Shelvin Mack fouled James and put him on the foul line after an and-1 layup. James felt like Mack fouled him on another layup attempt and there was no whistle.

James was irate, in part, because, sources told ESPN, he could hear Quin Snyder instruct Mack to foul him to prevent the transition bucket, and even with that instruction being given and James absorbing what he thought to be obvious contact from Mack, no call was made.

James' teammate, Richard Jefferson, spoke up after the Phoenix game on James' behalf.

"This is another night where he's going to the basket and he's only getting six three throws, eight free throws," Jefferson told Fox Sports Ohio. "For a guy that spends as much time in the paint and drives and is aggressive as he is, for him to be bottom 15 in the league in free throw attempts given that he's the best player on the planet, four-time MVP, it's [disappointing].

"You can tell that the referees have a very difficult job reffing him, and to his credit, he keeps his cool for the most part; but as his teammate, it is tough to watch him go, go, go, get hit and not get calls. The referees have a very difficult job, he's a unique player."

James has felt like a target in the past, multiple sources told ESPN, even believing that in previous playoff series against the Washington Wizards early in his career, the Wizards' intent was not only to foul James but physically harm him.

Via Dave McMenamin/ESPN

Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,928

Re: LeBron James Upset With How He's Been Officiated This Season 

Post#2 » by Reeko » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:35 pm

He hardly ever gets called for fouls, refs gotta make it up somehow.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
artsncrafts
RealGM
And1: 25,039

Post#3 » by artsncrafts » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:46 pm

I would say LBJ gets away with the most out of any player in the entire league.
Harold_and_Kumar wrote:What if the 10 incher was overrated and the 4 incher was too small for any playing time, but the 7 incher was a perfect fit for our roster and the 5 incher was good for specific situations, like backdoor cuts?
Marionettetc
Sixth Man
And1: 969

Post#4 » by Marionettetc » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:08 pm

"This is another night where he's going to the basket and he's only getting six three throws, eight free throws,"
MHSL82
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 130

Post#5 » by MHSL82 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:28 pm

If you see the video of what he is mad at, come on, LeBron. I can't even see the foul watching it slowly. There was not really impeding the run of the offensive player.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18449636/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-frustrated-recent-officiating

Yes, I know his complaints are season long and not just that play, but that was an odd play to break him
MHSL82
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 130

Post#6 » by MHSL82 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:30 pm

MHSL82 wrote:If you see the video of what he is mad at, come on, LeBron. I can't even see the foul watching it slowly. There was not really impeding the run of the offensive player.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18449636/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-frustrated-recent-officiating

Yes, I know his complaints are season long and not just that play, but that was an odd play to break him

But, there is this: "James was irate, in part, because, sources told ESPN, he could hear Quin Snyder instruct Mack to foul him to prevent the transition bucket, and even with that instruction being given and James absorbing what he thought to be obvious contact from Mack, no call was made."

But I think Mack failed to foul him or maybe it was said in earshot on purpose and then no intent to foul? Or maybe ESPN sources made it up or were told crap.
delsol650
Sixth Man
And1: 61

Post#7 » by delsol650 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:49 pm

GTFO LeBroids.

You are one player in the whole NBA that gets babied and held by the league on a pedestal. One player that gets the most benefit from referee calls and NON Calls. You constantly get away with a lot of contact defending other players and gets away with murder with traveling constantly. Yet you cry your not getting calls :noway: :crazy:
Hakimbrook46
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#8 » by Hakimbrook46 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:58 pm

lol @J-Rich being very very careful talking on Lebron's behalf.
GaaBaaBoo
Senior
And1: 50

Post#9 » by GaaBaaBoo » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:10 pm

Sure. But pay your fine first.
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#10 » by IMAN5 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:15 pm

Lebron is easily the most spoiled and babied player in the NBA in the last 10+ years. I didn't even read what he said because I know it would be ridiculous, this guy cries and cries after every play and very rarely gets technicals.
instagram.com/510movement
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,560

Post#11 » by dautjazz » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:49 pm

I love Lebron, but yesterday, Ingles got all ball and they called him for a foul. Lebron also flopped on a play where Gobert got a rebound, luckily the refs didn't call that one. There are many fouls that don't get called for him, but there are a number of phantom calls and flops he gets the benefit of the doubt for.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
Anti Chalmers
Analyst
And1: 2,858

Post#12 » by Anti Chalmers » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:02 pm

I'm starting to like Lebron, but he seems like an entitled baby here.
gino_giode
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#13 » by gino_giode » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:08 pm

LeBron is getting the Shaq treatment. LeBron just bust through contact that would be worthy of a foul. Teams basically have to commit flagrant fouls to stop him, and it's counted as normal..

But in the refs' defense, LeBron just barrels into guys in the paint while moving at top break speed. Those plays are bang bang and could easily go 50/50 at normal speed.
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#14 » by hyberx » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:08 pm

Oh come on Refs, a butt tap on LeBron is a suspension. So a coach talking about fouling him is a foul, even just verbally. Call it with some consistency already. :roll: They need to understand a 6'9, 250lbs body packed with otherworldly athleticism is such a tender thing that allergic to opponent movement around his proximity.

I say a $25,000 flagrant 2 fine on the Refs for unnecessary and excessive contact against LeBron emotionally.

Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#15 » by Daddy 801 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:25 pm

LeBron is assuming Mack can listen to an instruction and execute.
Dobber-16
Assistant Coach
And1: 439

Post#16 » by Dobber-16 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:28 pm

He's the "Chosen One", and thinks he deserves not to be touched..............

This is one of the reasons why people despise him on the court.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: all you guys bitching sound like fixed income grandmas at the grocery store.
RaptorRed
Rookie
And1: 472

Post#17 » by RaptorRed » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:35 pm

Lol @ all the Lebron haters , this headline is just inviting all of them to comment. What;s funny is that the same people hating on Lebron are also Steph Curry bandwagon fanboys , I know you guys are mad your boy Steph blew a 3-1 lead but relax with the hate :lol:
"We're like Tim Duncan and David Robinson," Villanueva said, following the team's morning shootaround at the America West Arena. "But a younger version. I really feel that."
RaptorRed
Rookie
And1: 472

Post#18 » by RaptorRed » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:37 pm

hyberx wrote:Oh come on Refs, a butt tap on LeBron is a suspension. So a coach talking about fouling him is a foul, even just verbally. Call it with some consistency already. :roll: They need to understand a 6'9, 250lbs body packed with otherworldly athleticism is such a tender thing that allergic to opponent movement around his proximity.

I say a $25,000 flagrant 2 fine on the Refs for unnecessary and excessive contact against LeBron emotionally.

Still salty about your warriors blowing that 3-1 lead eh ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"We're like Tim Duncan and David Robinson," Villanueva said, following the team's morning shootaround at the America West Arena. "But a younger version. I really feel that."
Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,271

Post#19 » by Knicks Byke » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:07 pm

imagine how melo feels :lol:
Prius
Junior
And1: 324

Post#20 » by Prius » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:54 pm

Hakimbrook46 wrote:lol @J-Rich being very very careful talking on Lebron's behalf.

That's not J RIch.

Return to Wiretap Discussion