Vivek Ranadive Has Final Say On Roster Moves, 'Unhealthy Fixation On Warriors'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Vivek Ranadive Has Final Say On Roster Moves, 'Unhealthy Fixation On Warriors' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:36 pm

Vivek Ranadive exercises the ultimate authority on all player personnel matters for the Sacramento Kings, according to sources.

Ranadive insists that he has empowered Vlade Divac to make those decisions. Ranadive also told one source the only decisions he has made have been trading for Rudy Gay in 2013 and refusing to deal DeMarcus Cousins.

Ranadive still won't entertain the prospect of trading Cousins.

"You would think that after making an ass of yourself, whether it's 4-on-5 or one bad hire after another, that you'd become more collaborative and seek out help," says a well-placed source. "Vivek has done just the opposite. Instead of putting together a brain trust, he's his own brain trust -- he and whoever the last person he talked to is."

One league source who knows the owner well says Ranadive, who still lives in the Bay Area, has an "unhealthy fixation on the Warriors." Sources close to the Kings partnership say that Ranadive "can't help himself" from claiming credit for innovations in Golden State.

Via Kevin Arnovitz/ESPN

Black Jack
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,274

Re: Vivek Ranadive Has Final Say On Roster Moves, 'Unhealthy Fixation On Warriors' 

Post#2 » by Black Jack » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:02 pm

Sacto has its very own Trump :lol:
Rest in peace Kobe & Gianna

my response to KD critics: https://tinyurl.com/tlgc6bf
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Re: Vivek Ranadive Has Final Say On Roster Moves, 'Unhealthy Fixation On Warriors' 

Post#3 » by The_Hater » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:10 pm

Textbook Narcissism
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Post#4 » by lakerhater » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:16 pm

Black Jack wrote:Sacto has its very own Trump :lol:

The Kings would be winners in that case.
Black Jack
Assistant Coach

Post#5 » by Black Jack » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:42 pm

lakerhater wrote:

Absolutely, the Kings would win by scoring 46 and their opponent would lose by scoring 48.

RaptorRed
Rookie
And1: 472

Post#6 » by RaptorRed » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:46 pm

Lol this is hilarious , I remember this guy said he wants his team to play 4 on 5 basketball while 1 player cherry picks :lol: :lol: :lol:

Imagine he owned the knicks ? I think he would be assassinated by now
"We're like Tim Duncan and David Robinson," Villanueva said, following the team's morning shootaround at the America West Arena. "But a younger version. I really feel that."
artsncrafts
RealGM
And1: 25,031

Post#7 » by artsncrafts » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:05 pm

RaptorRed wrote:Lol this is hilarious , I remember this guy said he wants his team to play 4 on 5 basketball while 1 player cherry picks :lol: :lol: :lol:

Imagine he owned the knicks ? I think he would be assassinated by now

Actually this may actually work with teams that already have no defense (Raptors). The other team will score anyways, so why not get a free basket most of the time.
Harold_and_Kumar wrote:What if the 10 incher was overrated and the 4 incher was too small for any playing time, but the 7 incher was a perfect fit for our roster and the 5 incher was good for specific situations, like backdoor cuts?
youblewwit
Sophomore
And1: 10

Post#8 » by youblewwit » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:06 pm

Why shouldn't he have a fixation on the Warriors? Make fun of them for losing up 3-1 or their owner saying they're light years ahead of everybody else, but they still are a greatly run organization. They won the title, followed it up with 73 wins, and THEN got Kevin Durant. And Vivek came from that org, so why wouldn't he be trying to look up to them, emulate them, and beat them?

With that said, Vivek is a nut. He should hire Hinkie and get the hell out the way.
MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#9 » by MagicFan32 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:08 pm

sounds like he wants Serge Ibaka!
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
BallDontLie_
Sophomore
And1: 84

Post#10 » by BallDontLie_ » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:57 pm

Black Jack wrote:
lakerhater wrote:

Absolutely, the Kings would win by scoring 46 and their opponent would lose by scoring 48.

More like the Kings would win in 7 games but the other team would point out they scored more points in the whole series in total, cry and take the ball home.
lakerhater
General Manager

Post#11 » by lakerhater » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:21 pm

Black Jack wrote:
lakerhater wrote:

More like the Kings would win 80% of their games like the percentage of counties Trump won in the election.
Black Jack
Assistant Coach

Post#12 » by Black Jack » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:00 pm

lakerhater wrote:
Black Jack wrote:
lakerhater wrote:

More like the Kings would win 80% of their games like the percentage of counties Trump won in the election.

Who cares about counties? PEOPLE matter not abstract entities like states, counties, and corporations.

conservatives make me sick.

Iguodaladon
Pro Prospect
And1: 954

Post#13 » by Iguodaladon » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:25 pm

youblewwit wrote:Why shouldn't he have a fixation on the Warriors? Make fun of them for losing up 3-1 or their owner saying they're light years ahead of everybody else, but they still are a greatly run organization. They won the title, followed it up with 73 wins, and THEN got Kevin Durant. And Vivek came from that org, so why wouldn't he be trying to look up to them, emulate them, and beat them?

With that said, Vivek is a nut. He should hire Hinkie and get the hell out the way.

Makes sense until you realise your team is built the exactly opposite way in which GS is complete with slow and non-shooting players and a franchise player much better suited to a slower pace. Especially when said decision to become the Golden State Kings comes at the expense of firing a coach who was finally starting to jel that troubled roster
Obama to Zach Lavine: ‘I used to be able to get up like you back in the day.’
Jaren Jackson Jr on Doncic: 'I thought he was a myth'
BorkLazer
Senior
And1: 427

Post#14 » by BorkLazer » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:34 pm

Black Jack wrote:
lakerhater wrote:
Black Jack wrote:

Who cares about counties? PEOPLE matter not abstract entities like states, counties, and corporations.

So... the United States Election System makes you sick? Not sure what political affiliations have to do with it, the system has been that way for a loooong time. And did you say 'corporations'?
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#15 » by hyberx » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:36 pm

Black Jack wrote:
lakerhater wrote:
Black Jack wrote:

You mean the US democratic process that has been in place since the 1800s that elected every President since, is making you sick?

Then, were you in the ER when the Democrats screwed Bernie Sanders with their Super Delegates, which is another form of Electoral vote, during the Primary? :roll: I like how people lost the series then complain about not winning by total scores. US is a Republic, not a Democracy, son.

By the way, you do realize this is a basketball forum, yeah?
Black Jack
Assistant Coach

Post#16 » by Black Jack » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:37 pm

hyberx wrote:
Black Jack wrote:
lakerhater wrote:

You mean the US democratic process that has been in place since the 1800s that elected every president since, is making you sick? Then, were you in the ER when the Democrats screwed Bernie Sanders with their Superdelegates, which is another form of Electoral vote, during the Primary? :roll: I like how people lost the series then complain about not winning by total scores. US is a Republic, not a Democracy, son.

The US is quickly moving toward fascist dictatorship. Don't call me son.

lakerhater
General Manager

Post#17 » by lakerhater » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:43 pm

Black Jack wrote:
hyberx wrote:
Black Jack wrote:

You mean the US democratic process that has been in place since the 1800s that elected every president since, is making you sick? Then, were you in the ER when the Democrats screwed Bernie Sanders with their Superdelegates, which is another form of Electoral vote, during the Primary? :roll: I like how people lost the series then complain about not winning by total scores. US is a Republic, not a Democracy, son.

The US is quickly moving toward fascist dictatorship. Don't call me son.

Ignore this post, I just erased it because there's no point in keeping the name calling going
lakerhater
General Manager

Post#18 » by lakerhater » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:48 pm

Black Jack wrote:
lakerhater wrote:
Black Jack wrote:

Who cares about counties? PEOPLE matter not abstract entities like States, counties, and corporations.

Corrected for Constitutional accuracy.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#19 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:06 pm

Damn Pete, still a bitter b**** bro?
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Post#20 » by Kings2013 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:27 pm

Another round of bully the Kings when we want this ended

Shake my head. Arnovitz your stuff is trash

Return to Wiretap Discussion