Carmelo Anthony Will Consider Family First When Dealing With Possible Trade

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Carmelo Anthony Will Consider Family First When Dealing With Possible Trade 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:07 pm

Carmelo Anthony will only approve a trade from the New York Knicks if it is right for his family.

Anthony enjoys playing and living in New York and cited his family as a reason why he re-signed with the Knicks in 2014.

"That's more about what I care about, my family," he said early Tuesday. "My son being comfortable in New York at an age now where he's really getting an opportunity to understand being in New York and having a home there and having friends there.

"My wife working there and having opportunities there. … I think about that more so than my decision for my career. At the end of the day, it will come down to my decision. But I think more about my decision and what they're going to have to go through if anything would happen."

Anthony has denied providing Phil Jackson a wish list of teams he would approve a trade to.

"I haven't told anybody anything," Anthony said. "I haven't had that conversation with anybody."

Via Frank Isola/New York Daily News

BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,733

Re: Carmelo Anthony Will Consider Family First When Dealing With Possible Trade 

Post#2 » by BoyzNTheHood » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:31 pm

His D-list celebrity wife is mad.
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
saltybs
Sophomore
And1: 55

Post#3 » by saltybs » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:45 pm

Pretty refreshing answer by Melo. Basically: "You people want me to care about rings and my legacy, but I make 24 million dollars a year to play a game, my wife is happy, and my kid is happy. I'm not losing sleep over this."
Trailbreaker
Junior
And1: 115

Post#4 » by Trailbreaker » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:25 pm

BoyzNTheHood wrote:His D-list celebrity wife is mad.

Wouldn't she be happy if they moved to Los Angeles?
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,733

Post#5 » by BoyzNTheHood » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:32 pm

Trailbreaker wrote:
BoyzNTheHood wrote:His D-list celebrity wife is mad.

Wouldn't she be happy if they moved to Los Angeles?

Probably. Only LA though.
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#6 » by Ballerhogger » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:50 pm

Perfect response. If his kid needs to stay NY or his wife does so be it. The FO have taken him on marry go around so far.
Tiesto_Lakers
Analyst
And1: 4,154

Post#7 » by Tiesto_Lakers » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:48 pm

I'd actually like him on the Lakers and he'd be a good fit. He'd be able to have the rock in his hands all game, and that's where he really excels. The problem with Melo is that you can't have him on a team where there are other players who need the rock to be effective (Rose, Jennings, KP).

Deng, Clarkson, Lou Williams and a future 1st for Anthony, Jennings, and Lance Thomas should get the deal done. The Lakers get Melo while the Knicks getting a defensive minded, professional Deng and two monster scoring punches in Clarkson and Sweet Lou.

Lakers' new look:

G - DLoading/Calderon/Huertas
G - SWAGGY-P/Jennings
F - Melo/Ingram/Thomas/PEACE
F - Randle/Nance/Robinson
C - Moz/Black/ZUBAC

Knicks' new look:

G - Rose/JC
G - Lee/SweetLOU/Holliday/Sasha/Baker
F - Deng/Kuz
F - KP/Hernangomez
C - Noah/O'Quinn/Plumlee
texasholdem
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Post#8 » by texasholdem » Wed Feb 1, 2017 12:09 am

Trade him to Brooklyn for Brook and Lin.
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#9 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Feb 1, 2017 12:16 am

The ship has sailed. His time has come to an end. He has no more tricks left in that bag of his. Just be conent with where your at. The big money you have. Championship glory and all that is unrealistic. Just serve his time, and ride off into the sunset. And prepare how he wants to plan his farewell tour.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#10 » by FNQ » Wed Feb 1, 2017 12:25 am

saltybs wrote:Pretty refreshing answer by Melo. Basically: "You people want me to care about rings and my legacy, but I make 24 million dollars a year to play a game, my wife is happy, and my kid is happy. I'm not losing sleep over this."

I agree. He was a pretty sought after player in his prime and because of that he was able to negotiate a NTC to create a stable situation for him and his family. And the fact that he's dug in because of that doesnt make him a bad teammate, or bad person at all. But some fans are really going for the jugular on him..

His perspective is more human than anything, and I applaud that. He sounds pretty content in his life, good for him
bqmuzik
Junior
And1: 62

Post#11 » by bqmuzik » Wed Feb 1, 2017 1:13 am

Oh stop, New York is not taking the Luol Deng contract. They want to build around Porzingas, thats why the Clipper deal makes more sense built around an expiring Redick. They will be stuck with Deng and if Clarkson didnt compliment Porzingas then they are stuck with his salary too. Free Agents want to playin New York. Phil wants roster flexibility, he's not gonna take on salary.
ccvle
Head Coach
And1: 1,714

Post#12 » by ccvle » Wed Feb 1, 2017 1:03 pm

Good for him. A man making +24m, while still considering what is good for his wife and family.
GaaBaaBoo
Senior
And1: 50

Post#13 » by GaaBaaBoo » Wed Feb 1, 2017 3:40 pm

texasholdem wrote:Trade him to Brooklyn for Brook and Lin.

That actually isn't bad
Tiesto_Lakers
Analyst
And1: 4,154

Post#14 » by Tiesto_Lakers » Wed Feb 1, 2017 8:30 pm

bqmuzik wrote:Oh stop, New York is not taking the Luol Deng contract. They want to build around Porzingas, thats why the Clipper deal makes more sense built around an expiring Redick. They will be stuck with Deng and if Clarkson didnt compliment Porzingas then they are stuck with his salary too. Free Agents want to playin New York. Phil wants roster flexibility, he's not gonna take on salary.

What kind of free agents want to play for the Knicks? Jennings and Noah? Clarkson is much better than anyone you can get - he's also a perfect fit next to KP and sweet Lou can give you 20 ppg. Luol Deng can also mentor the young gems in NY like Hernangomez, Kuz and Baker. There's not a better option out there for NY, Melo belongs in purple and gold.

Return to Wiretap Discussion