Kyle Lowry: Something's Gotta Change

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kyle Lowry: Something's Gotta Change 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:12 pm

Kyle Lowry was critical of the Toronto Raptors' play after losing their 13th game over their last 23.

Toronto blew a 16-point fourth quarter lead to the Detroit Pistons.

"(We're) being put in the same situations over and over and we're not being successful. Something's gotta give, something gotta change," Lowry said.

"I have an idea but I'll keep my mouth shut, keep it very professional."

Since starting the season 22-8, Toronto has been in a two-month funk.

"I'm starting to get worried. Yeah. It's not going the way it's supposed to be going and things aren't changing so yeah, I'm starting to get worried," he said.

Lowry will be an unrestricted free agent in the offseason.

Via William Lou/The Score

NBA Gamble
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Kyle Lowry: Something's Gotta Change 

Post#2 » by NBA Gamble » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:09 pm

Thats what happens when your team overachieves and you go deluding yuorself that you are the top when you are really not, so reality will arrive along with confusion
Phreak50
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,962

Post#3 » by Phreak50 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:50 pm

"I have an idea but I'll keep my mouth shut, keep it professional"

Well no Kyle. You just opened your mouth. And in the same way that Wade and Butler were criticised for going to the media without having the decency to go to the players with their problem, you've just done the same.

In a lesser way, but still saying you have an opinion but then not giving it is weak. Say something or don't.

But I agree with the first post, the Raptors were never one of the top teams anyway, overachieving fits them well.
KnightofHyrule
Sixth Man
And1: 1,929

Post#4 » by KnightofHyrule » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:15 pm

NBA Gamble wrote:Thats what happens when your team overachieves and you go deluding yuorself that you are the top when you are really not, so reality will arrive along with confusion

These comments are gonna be so funny when Patterson comes back from injury lol. You don't overachieve for nearly 4 years. It's stupid to suggest that.
casey_glory7 wrote:Raptors vs GS finals 2018 confirmed. I'll pay every realgm member 50 bucks if im wrong.

Thanks for ruining everything, KD....
NBA Gamble
Ballboy

Post#5 » by NBA Gamble » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:38 am

KnightofHyrule wrote:
NBA Gamble wrote:Thats what happens when your team overachieves and you go deluding yuorself that you are the top when you are really not, so reality will arrive along with confusion

These comments are gonna be so funny when Patterson comes back from injury lol. You don't overachieve for nearly 4 years. It's stupid to suggest that.

Oh Yeah everybody is scared of Patterson, your comments are already funny, 4 years you saying??? Only last they did something significant, other 2 playoff runs they lost in the 1.round, to the aging Nets, and to the Wizards who swept them 4-0, pretty lame results.
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 142

Post#6 » by haste10176 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:19 am

So Boston is overachieving and will fall off pretty soon too? I mean any team not Cavs or GSW is really overachieving aren't they? There is no other team with any chance..??
KnightofHyrule
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by KnightofHyrule » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:24 am

NBA Gamble wrote:
KnightofHyrule wrote:

Oh Yeah everybody is scared of Patterson, your comments are already funny, 4 years you saying??? Only last they did something significant, other 2 playoff runs they lost in the 1.round, to the aging Nets, and to the Wizards who swept them 4-0, pretty lame results.

Name an East team outside of LeBron teams that have been more "significant" in the last 4 years? Celtics? Wizards? Bulls? Pistons? Hornets? Cavs before LeBron? Heat after LeBron?....Philly? Lol okay. Each of those teams missed the playoffs AT LEAST once.

The Hawks are the only East Team that have a longer active playoff streak than the Raptors, and IMO they have better over the last 3 1/2 years. Only 5 West teams have had a longer playoff streak than Toronto.

So yeah, almost every other East team, and more than half of the West has been less significant over the past 3 1/2 seasons. Rather be Toronto than Denver or Sacramento.....or Brooklyn.....or Phoenix.....or Minnesota....or Portland.....or the dumpster fire in NYC.....

You overachieve for half a season. Maybe a full one if your EXTREMELY lucky. But 3 1/2 seasons? Get outta here with that lol.
casey_glory7 wrote:Raptors vs GS finals 2018 confirmed. I'll pay every realgm member 50 bucks if im wrong.

NBA Gamble
Ballboy

Post#8 » by NBA Gamble » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:46 am

KnightofHyrule wrote:Name an East team outside of LeBron teams that have been more "significant" in the last 4 years? Celtics? Wizards? Bulls? Pistons? Hornets? Cavs before LeBron? Heat after LeBron?....Philly? Lol okay. Each of those teams missed the playoffs AT LEAST once.

The Hawks are the only East Team that have a longer active playoff streak than the Raptors, and IMO they have better over the last 3 1/2 years. Only 5 West teams have had a longer playoff streak than Toronto.

So yeah, almost every other East team, and more than half of the West has been less significant over the past 3 1/2 seasons. Rather be Toronto than Denver or Sacramento.....or Brooklyn.....or Phoenix.....or Minnesota....or Portland.....or the dumpster fire in NYC.....

You overachieve for half a season. Maybe a full one if your EXTREMELY lucky. But 3 1/2 seasons? Get outta here with that lol.

There was no too many significant teams in the East in the last few years, so what? whats your point?

Infact thats why Toronto overachieved, weak competition, so you answered your own confusion. For few years they played in the weakest division in the history of the NBA. Now the East is coming alive, more and more teams are becoming seriuos about winning therefore its really not a surprise that Toronto is struggling. Lots of teams are simply getting better.
The best days for that team is behind them.
NBA Gamble
Ballboy

Post#9 » by NBA Gamble » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:58 am

haste10176 wrote:

So Boston is overachieving and will fall off pretty soon too? I mean any team not Cavs or GSW is really overachieving aren't they? There is no other team with any chance..??

What the hell???
You projected these statements on me and then you argued with it. Do you realize this?

I never said no other team has a chance, nor do i think that....nor my comment implies such a thought. You are arguing with yourself
CLW
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#10 » by CLW » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:09 am

NBA Gamble wrote:
KnightofHyrule wrote:

That would be called building a contending team - gradually continuing to improve until you hit your end goal.
TonyDomingo
Ballboy

Post#11 » by TonyDomingo » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:20 am

Phreak50 wrote:"I have an idea but I'll keep my mouth shut, keep it professional"

Well no Kyle. You just opened your mouth. And in the same way that Wade and Butler were criticised for going to the media without having the decency to go to the players with their problem, you've just done the same.

In a lesser way, but still saying you have an opinion but then not giving it is weak. Say something or don't.

But I agree with the first post, the Raptors were never one of the top teams anyway, overachieving fits them well.

I think Lowry did OK here. He's being pestered by the media asking why they suddenly suck and he just wanted to say that he acknowledges the slump and wants to do something about it. Now, if he has any beef with his team mates or the coaching staff, he keeps it internal. To me, that's fine. I guess ideally we'd hear nothing, but come on - that's no fun
MetaKnick13
General Manager
And1: 343

Post#12 » by MetaKnick13 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:26 pm

KnightofHyrule wrote:
NBA Gamble wrote:
KnightofHyrule wrote:These comments are gonna be so funny when Patterson comes back from injury lol. You don't overachieve for nearly 4 years. It's stupid to suggest that.

Name an East team outside of LeBron teams that have been more "significant" in the last 4 years? Celtics? Wizards? Bulls? Pistons? Hornets? Cavs before LeBron? Heat after LeBron?....Philly? Lol okay. Each of those teams missed the playoffs AT LEAST once.

Have to agree with you here. I am a Knicks fan, but the Raptors are far from some fringe competitive unit. Those losses vs Brooklyn and Washington were tough ( I mean getting swept, that's embarrassing for a "contender." But last year they showed they are a force, and this year they came out and continued improving until some key injuries. This is so clearly not the full unit playing for the last month or so that wanting to write Toronto off would be a huge mistake. They will get their groove back and make a serious playoff run as long as they are healthy.
DontCheeseMe
Freshman
And1: 14

Post#13 » by DontCheeseMe » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:42 pm

ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE.

Also, the comments on here about the Raptors "overachieving" for 3.5+ years are absolutely ludicrous lol.
LUDICROUS.

I hope none of y'all are actually Raptors fans, find another bandwagon please.
This team has shown progress and positive growth year over year, and has continued to be a team that is commanding more and more respect in this league.
IG: @dontcheeseme
KnightofHyrule
Sixth Man

Post#14 » by KnightofHyrule » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:48 pm

NBA Gamble wrote:
KnightofHyrule wrote:Name an East team outside of LeBron teams that have been more "significant" in the last 4 years? Celtics? Wizards? Bulls? Pistons? Hornets? Cavs before LeBron? Heat after LeBron?....Philly? Lol okay. Each of those teams missed the playoffs AT LEAST once.

There was no too many significant teams in the East in the last few years, so what? whats your point?

Infact thats why Toronto overachieved, weak competition, so you answered your own confusion. For few years they played in the weakest division in the history of the NBA. Now the East is coming alive, more and more teams are becoming serious about winning therefore its really not a surprise that Toronto is struggling. Lots of teams are simply getting better.
The best days for that team is behind them.

What are you talking about? In 2014 the East was waaaay better. Hawks were on the come-up...took a great Pacers team to 7 games, Brooklyn swept the seasons series against Miami, and Washington and Chicago were both better than they are now.

And the division argument is stupid. It only means you play 3 games against 1 team in each of the other divisions. If Raptors were in the Central, they would have 1 more game against the Pacers, and 1 less against Boston. What's the difference? At best 1 extra win for Toronto. At WORSE, 1 extra loss.

And I already pointed out all the competition in the West has struggled against Toronto. During this 3 1/2 year stretch LA Clippers, Dallas, Memphis and Portland have all gotten dominated by Toronto, and even OKC was 3-3 against Toronto before KD left. This season Raps beat them easily. Golden State is the only West team that truly had Toronto's number.....and for some reason, Sacramento. San Antonio has done well against Toronto as well.

Again, you overachieve for 25 games or so....but for nearly 300? That include wins over most of the West? lol okay man whatever you say. Lowry said something's gotta change. And it did with Ibaka. So Raps will probably go back to 'overachieving' now.

CLW wrote:That would be called building a contending team - gradually continuing to improve until you hit your end goal.

Exactly lol.

Return to Wiretap Discussion