Re: LeBron James: I Don't Have A Rivalry With Stephen Curry

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

LeBron James: I Don't Have A Rivalry With Stephen Curry 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:58 pm

LeBron James doesn't view Stephen Curry as a rival despite their matchups in two straight Finals and their status with each winning multiple MVPs.

"I don't have a rivalry with Steph Curry," James said after Saturday's All-Star practice session. "There's no way you can say, 'Let's talk about rivalries,' and you say, 'Bird and Magic. Carolina, Duke. Ohio State, Michigan,' and then say 'LeBron and Steph.'

"It's disrespectful to those other three that I just named that you would even try to put us in the class with that. We haven't had enough battles, and who's to say we will have future battles. We'll see, but to put us in a category with [them], it's impossible. You can't do it."

James even feels there's not a team rivalry between the Cleveland Cavaliers and Golden State Warriors.

oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#2 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:08 pm

GS and CLE will. The odds are they will meet a few more times. A rivalry is almost inevitable.

But Curry was hurt last year and LeBron's team was depleted the year before. They also play different positions. No rivalry there... yet.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#3 » by Sam195 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:03 pm

Lebron just insulted Curry and Durant in the same conversation. He seems to imply Curry is not good enough to be his rival and he doesn't even acknowledge the fact warriors also have Durant who like Curry a few years ago was considered to surpass lebron as the game's top player at some point.
iuno06
Freshman
And1: 4

Post#4 » by iuno06 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:11 am

Sam195 wrote:Lebron just insulted Curry and Durant in the same conversation. He seems to imply Curry is not good enough to be his rival and he doesn't even acknowledge the fact warriors also have Durant who like Curry a few years ago was considered to surpass lebron as the game's top player at some point.

You over thinking this too much. One reason why Lebron keep shutting the media up about rivalries because its prevents drama. I don't even get how is that an insult to them. Good for Durant going warriors and support his decision but his championship won't mean anything. Robert Horry multiple championship rings have more meaning to it.
hyberx
Starter
And1: 386

Post#5 » by hyberx » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:12 pm

LeBron is right. Cavs can't claim they are rival to another team that has owned them everytime until Cavs added Adam Silver and Kiki Vandeweghe on their roster. :roll:

It's more like a rivalry between the Warriors and the League office. Adding KD is a good step to beat the crap out of their so-called "we want balance" BS that has done nothing to stop LeGM's super teams.
hyberx
Starter
And1: 386

Post#6 » by hyberx » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:14 pm

iuno06 wrote:
Sam195 wrote:Lebron just insulted Curry and Durant in the same conversation. He seems to imply Curry is not good enough to be his rival and he doesn't even acknowledge the fact warriors also have Durant who like Curry a few years ago was considered to surpass lebron as the game's top player at some point.

You over thinking this too much. One reason why Lebron keep shutting the media up about rivalries because its prevents drama. I don't even get how is that an insult to them. Good for Durant going warriors and support his decision but his championship won't mean anything. Robert Horry multiple championship rings have more meaning to it.

So LeBron's Cavs championship definitely mean nothing by this logic. His Heat rings are probably more to Wade's credit as well.
PocketRockets
Pro Prospect
And1: 9

Post#7 » by PocketRockets » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:17 pm

hyberx wrote:LeBron is right. Cavs can't claim they are rival to another team that has owned them everytime until Cavs added Adam Silver and Kiki Vandeweghe on their roster. :roll:

It's more like a rivalry between the Warriors and the League office. Adding KD is a good step to beat the crap out of their so-called "we want balance" BS that has done nothing to stop LeGM's super teams.

Exactly. Can't remember the last time Curry demanded for more star power, whined like a baby to the GM and/or media about needing more help. Hell Lebron had to join a powerhouse in Nike to expand his star power, whereas Curry used hard work and is carrying UA into the money. I'm not a Curry fan, but you have to respect what he's done for his team, image, etc.

Return to Wiretap Discussion