LeBron: LeBron James Jr. Has Better Handle, Shot Than I Did At 12

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 126

LeBron: LeBron James Jr. Has Better Handle, Shot Than I Did At 12 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Mar 7, 2017 8:14 pm

LeBron James Jr., at just 12 years old, is drawing praise for his passing and dribbling abilities. James has standing scholarship offers from Duke and Kentucky. 

"It's probably the best part of his game and I grew up playing basketball, playing AAU ball and watched a lot of kids kind of hog the ball," James said when asked about his son's latest highlight video. "Not pass the ball and things of that nature and I was never one of those kids. I always liked seeing my teammates excited about getting the ball and making a shot so to see him doing the same thing, it's a pretty unique trait for a kid his age."

LeBron James Jr. played in the John Lucas All-Star Weekend, a two-day tournament in Texas.

"I didn't handle the ball as well as he does," James said about his son. "He handles the ball exceptionally and he shoots it a lot better than I did at that age, but I've always had the ability to pass the ball. It's good to see him doing it as well." 

Via Chris Fedor/Cleveland Plain Dealer

Hoopzilla
Pro Prospect
And1: 248

Re: LeBron: LeBron James Jr. Has Better Handle, Shot Than I Did At 12 

Post#2 » by Hoopzilla » Tue Mar 7, 2017 8:50 pm

The kid is 12 years old. If he grows to 6'8" and 260 lbs of solid muscle like his father, we can revisit the conversation. If he doesn't, this is a non-story.
anatomicbomb
Senior
And1: 271

Post#3 » by anatomicbomb » Wed Mar 8, 2017 12:21 am

"You know what's great about this kid? Me."
Everything is practice.
IWishIWasHarden
Junior
And1: 23

Post#4 » by IWishIWasHarden » Wed Mar 8, 2017 1:20 am

The arrogance in his demeanor is repulsive.
seorang
Rookie
And1: 404

Post#5 » by seorang » Wed Mar 8, 2017 1:58 am

anatomicbomb wrote:"You know what's great about this kid? Me."

Well those are some of best ever Genes he's passed on tbf to Bron
12footrim
Analyst
And1: 1,007

Post#6 » by 12footrim » Wed Mar 8, 2017 5:44 am

Hoopzilla wrote:The kid is 12 years old. If he grows to 6'8" and 260 lbs of solid muscle like his father, we can revisit the conversation. If he doesn't, this is a non-story.

That was my first thought. It's really going to be about the size and athletic ability. I think Wiggins was throwing down and like 6-5 at 13 years old. This kid is 12 and still looks like a kid.

Although he did look skilled for where he's at now. I guess it is note worthy because he's about the only NBA player with a chance to actually play in the league with his son like the Griffey's. He's 12 so give him 7 or 8 years and Lebron would be 40 and potentially still in the league. Maybe the chances of that happening are like 2% but I don't know of another realistic Father son possibility other than maybe Wade and his kid.

I'm kind of surprised one of these average NBA players hasn't had a kid at like 15 or 16 and still been been in the league when he was drafted. There are a lot of father son players. Probably a lot of these guys that had kids in high school too. Wonder what the closest years apart for a father son to play in the league. Strangely enough John Stockton and his kid first come to mind. I think his kid had a cup of coffee anyway.
12footrim
Analyst
And1: 1,007

Post#7 » by 12footrim » Wed Mar 8, 2017 6:01 am

seorang wrote:
anatomicbomb wrote:"You know what's great about this kid? Me."

Well those are some of best ever Genes he's passed on tbf to Bron

Unfortunately it didn't do much for MJ's kids. Need to get an NBA player and a female Olympic medalist together like Wiggins parents and create a super seed :lol:

Rick Barry's sperm might be the most potent. He sired 3 NBA kids and another one that didn't make it played on a Kansas national title team. He might have had some help because apparently his wife's father was an NBA player too. . He does have another kid playing at Florida by another lady I would presume given his age.Potent.

In all seriousness these kids have a lot of pressure on them. Probably better if they can find another sport to try to excel in. Kind of like what Aggassi and Graf's kids did outside of tennis.
DoubleO8
Rookie
And1: 307

Post#8 » by DoubleO8 » Wed Mar 8, 2017 8:52 am

It's way too early to tell. Kid is very skilled though he's going to need to be extremely concentrated if this is the path he wants to take. We can't expect him to be his dad looks like he'll end up somewhere around the 6'3 range never know though.

Return to Wiretap Discussion