Russell Westbrook In Danger Of Falling Below 10 Assists Per Game

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Russell Westbrook In Danger Of Falling Below 10 Assists Per Game 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Mar 8, 2017 12:23 am

Russell Westbrook is in danger of dropping below 10.0 assists per game as he attempts to record the first triple double for the season in over 50 years.

Westbrook's assists per game have dropped from 10.25 to 10.05 over the past week. Westbrook has 633 assists in 63 games, which means he needs to average 9.8 down the stretch.

Westbrook’s assists totals were four, nine and five on the road trip, which is an average of 6.0 per game. 

Of his top 19 assist totals this season, only one has come since February arrived. Westbrook is averaging 9.14 assists in February and March.

Westbrook is averaging 11.3 assists per game at home compared to 8.9 on the road.

Via Berry Tramel/Oklahoman

cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,190

Re: Russell Westbrook In Danger Of Falling Below 10 Assists Per Game 

Post#2 » by cedric76 » Wed Mar 8, 2017 8:32 am

Ohhhh no. End of the world

Sent from my SM-A310F using RealGM mobile app
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Post#3 » by 12footrim » Wed Mar 8, 2017 3:47 pm

cedric76 wrote:Ohhhh no. End of the world

Dude scored 58 points last night. I think we can give him a pass if he comes up a couple tenths of a point short in either. The season he's had is incredible and he hasn't needed 45 minutes or 25% higher pace on top of it. Simply amazed at this seasons as a whole. It would be one thing if he was getting 15, 10 and 10. The guy is averaging 32.1 points in 34.8 minutes on top of it. :o
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
bulls4ever
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 571

Post#4 » by bulls4ever » Wed Mar 8, 2017 4:52 pm

all he needs is to sit and rest till the end of regular season .. and he is safe :) and makes history for himself and okc
Call 911, the tank is dying alive, tank you very much

WindyCityBorn wrote:If JJJ and Bamba end up better barring injuries I'll eat a piece of a shoe!
gerrit4
Head Coach
And1: 3,195

Post#5 » by gerrit4 » Wed Mar 8, 2017 5:19 pm

12footrim wrote:
cedric76 wrote:Ohhhh no. End of the world

Dude scored 58 points last night. I think we can give him a pass if he comes up a couple tenths of a point short in either. The season he's had is incredible and he hasn't needed 45 minutes or 25% higher pace on top of it. Simply amazed at this seasons as a whole. It would be one thing if he was getting 15, 10 and 10. The guy is averaging 32.1 points in 34.8 minutes on top of it. :o

For some reason we love round numbers, but yeah, I'm pretty sure 32/10/9.5 is still pretty remarkable.
Stanimal
Freshman
And1: 30

Post#6 » by Stanimal » Wed Mar 8, 2017 6:32 pm

Without season triple-double he won't be MVP (although I think he won't be MVP even with TD).
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#7 » by Donnyxc » Wed Mar 8, 2017 7:31 pm

Stanimal wrote:Without season triple-double he won't be MVP (although I think he won't be MVP even with TD).

Yeah. It's become media hyped (not pointing fingers at anyone) but it's basically become expected that he hits it. Anything less than matching or surpassing Oscar is now going to seem like a failure.

Which is irrational, because OKC would be terrible without him.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
streets talking
Senior
And1: 31

Post#8 » by streets talking » Wed Mar 8, 2017 11:09 pm

the pressure shouldnt be on him but on his teammates for stepping their game up
not one starter had more than 7 points vs dallas, and the bench was full of zeros
i mean u need scorers & finishers to make an assist,
westbrook could avg 25 assist per game if he could backboard pass to himself
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 142

Post#9 » by haste10176 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 5:02 am

streets talking wrote:the pressure shouldnt be on him but on his teammates for stepping their game up
not one starter had more than 7 points vs dallas, and the bench was full of zeros
i mean u need scorers & finishers to make an assist,
westbrook could avg 25 assist per game if he could backboard pass to himself

Your blaming his team mates but it is all Westbricks fault the guy has a ridiculously high usuage rate his team mates are sitting their with nothing to do no wonder when they get there one shot a game they miss.. I mean no rhythm to feel.. Westbrick shooting .43% is not good for the team he does not elevate players he is the PG not the shooting guard.. If people think this is a good way to play basketball it is not..

Return to Wiretap Discussion