Dirk Nowitzki Joins NBA's 30,000 Point Club

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Dirk Nowitzki Joins NBA's 30,000 Point Club 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Mar 8, 2017 3:16 pm

Dirk Nowitzki scored his 30,000th point in the NBA with 10 minutes and 58 seconds remaining in the second quarter of Tuesday's game. Nowitzki entered the game needing 20 points to reach the milestone.

Nowitzki joins Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Karl Malone, Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan and Wilt Chamberlain as the other members of the 30,000 club.

Nowitzki's teammates and owner Mark Cuban mobbed him during a timeout while the American Airlines Center crowd gave him a roaring standing ovation. 

"It's been sort of surreal -- 30,000 is amazing, a lot of points," Nowitzki said. 

"Obviously, every milestone makes you reflect a little bit, reflect on people who helped you, been with you all this way, from all the coaches and Cuban and all the teammates I had, the fans that went with me through thick and thin.

"It's been an amazing ride, and hopefully a couple of more baskets are coming and then it's time to ride off into the sunset."

Via Tim MacMahon/ESPN

fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Re: Dirk Nowitzki Joins NBA's 30,000 Point Club 

Post#2 » by fuller4379 » Wed Mar 8, 2017 3:53 pm

Greatness. He was the glue for a Mavs team that won 50 or more games 11 straight years and a current streak of 16 straight years without a losing record. He has always made the team around him better. A great team leader whose unselfishness and hard work have lead to a winning tradition in Dallas since his arrival. He will be missed after his retirement.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Re: Dirk Nowitzki Joins NBA's 30,000 Point Club 

Post#3 » by PDXKnight » Wed Mar 8, 2017 8:28 pm

I'll never forget that year he won a championship with a bunch of role players. Dirk's championship Allen iverson' finals run and Dwayne wade's 06 run (before the super team with an aging shaq) were some of the best examples in recent memory of one player carrying a team that might not have even made the playoffs without them let alone go to the finals

Return to Wiretap Discussion