Markelle Fultz Declares For 2017 NBA Draft

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Markelle Fultz Declares For 2017 NBA Draft 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:40 pm

Markelle Fultz has announced he will declare for the 2017 NBA Draft.

"What's up Husky fans? Markelle Fultz here. I just wanted to say it's been an honor to play in front of you guys and I really appreciate all of the support you guys have given me," said Fultz in a video on his Twitter feed.

"After sitting down with my mom and the coaching staff, I have made the decision to enter the NBA draft."

Fultz is expected to be the first or second selection in the draft.

Via RealGM Staff Report

totalrekall
Senior
And1: 49

Re: Markelle Fultz Declares For 2017 NBA Draft 

Post#2 » by totalrekall » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:42 pm

I havent watched him play. tried to but he was sitting out. I think he shut it down for the season by that point. I dont know if he was really injured or just quit on his team. I do question how he's going to make an NBA team good when he couldnt even win in college BB.

obviously he is super talented but when that doesnt translate to wins at the college level and he packs it in early, those are major red flags to me. I dont understand how you can be so talented and put up such great stats and lose game after game after game. does he have a desire to work hard bc taking 6 of the last 8 games incl the Pac 12 tournament off for a minor injury seems soft to me. shows all the signs of a stats guy who will never help teams win in the NBA. if I have this pick I'm doing everything I can to trade it
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#3 » by luss54321 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm

Markelle Fultz has one of the more advanced offensive skill sets I've ever seen from a college player. He's such a naturally gifted scorer. Very fluid. One of the few prospects that is almost guaranteed to succeed at the next level. He reminds me a lot of Dwayne Wade, just a better shooter from distance and worse from mid range. Great footwork, great natural feel for exposing the weakness in a defense.
A BETTER DJ
Sixth Man
And1: 302

Post#4 » by A BETTER DJ » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:25 pm

totalrekall wrote:I havent watched him play. tried to but he was sitting out. I think he shut it down for the season by that point. I dont know if he was really injured or just quit on his team. I do question how he's going to make an NBA team good when he couldnt even win in college BB.

obviously he is super talented but when that doesnt translate to wins at the college level and he packs it in early, those are major red flags to me. I dont understand how you can be so talented and put up such great stats and lose game after game after game. does he have a desire to work hard bc taking 6 of the last 8 games incl the Pac 12 tournament off for a minor injury seems soft to me. shows all the signs of a stats guy who will never help teams win in the NBA. if I have this pick I'm doing everything I can to trade it

Either that or he doesn't want to risk injury and miss out on that gazillion dollar payday
Top notch Wedding DJ and photographer available nationwide. RealGM members Save $200 off our regular low prices!

GO MAGIC!
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,419
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#5 » by E-Balla » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:29 pm

totalrekall wrote:I havent watched him play. tried to but he was sitting out. I think he shut it down for the season by that point. I dont know if he was really injured or just quit on his team. I do question how he's going to make an NBA team good when he couldnt even win in college BB.

Don't trade it. Draft Lonzo or Josh Jackson if you want winners. Go Dennis Smith if you want high risk, high reward star player. Go Fultz if you want a guaranteed All-NBA, probably not MVP level guy.

Fultz never really gave much effort all year but his team was really trash. Hard to judge him off that.
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#6 » by IAMZOOTED » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:46 am

Lol no one would have been able to win with the teammates he had.
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

^ After the Timberwolves signed Jamal Crawford.
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#7 » by TKainZero » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:55 am

The huskies were not any worse without him

That's a little red flag.

Now ball has the national attention all to himself
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by IAMZOOTED » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:41 am

TKainZero wrote:The huskies were not any worse without him

They're terrible with or without fultz but UW has absolutely been worse since he's been out.

Ball can have the national attention, I'm sure fultz will be happy going #1 in the draft.
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#9 » by PDXKnight » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:45 am

TKainZero wrote:The huskies were not any worse without him

Ball also has a top 10 draft pick next to him. I dont think you can knock Fultz for his team sucking
shawn_hemp
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#10 » by shawn_hemp » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:40 am

breaking news
colaroaster
Sixth Man
And1: 796
Location: jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge

Post#11 » by colaroaster » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:19 am

no mention of the great education they gave him or intent to continue his degree?? student athletes
jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect

Post#12 » by IAMZOOTED » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:20 am

colaroaster wrote:no mention of the great education they gave him or intent to continue his degree?? student athletes

Is that what UW is known for?

Return to Wiretap Discussion