LaVar Ball Hoping For $1 Billion Shoe Deal For Three Sons

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

LaVar Ball Hoping For $1 Billion Shoe Deal For Three Sons 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:56 pm

LaVar Ball hopes to sign his sons to a joint marketing deal with either Nike, Adidas or Under Armour.

Lonzo Ball is expected to be a top-2 pick in the 2017 NBA Draft out of UCLA. LiAngelo and LaMelo have also committed to UCLA.

“A billion dollars, it has to be there,’’ Ball said. “That’s our number, a billion, straight out of the gate. And you don’t even have to give it to me all up front. Give us $100 mil over 10 years.’’

Ball dismisses the notion that his comments could have a negative impact on Lonzo.

“They try to twist him up,’’ Ball said. “ 'Ah, man, your dad’s distracting you. What’s he doing? His dad ain’t out here on the court with no hula hoops going, Hey, make a shot through here. That’s distraction.' "

“I told him, ‘Son, hurting you is not talking about you. Hurting you is cracking you upside the head.' "

Via Josh Peter/USA Today

kevinxd
Ballboy
And1: 53

Re: LaVar Ball Hoping For $1 Billion Shoe Deal For Three Sons 

Post#2 » by kevinxd » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:51 am

Can this guy stfu already
oceanlife
Junior
And1: 727

Post#3 » by oceanlife » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:00 am

I'm with Papa Ball here. I'd have no problem if my dad wanted to hype me up for a billion dollar shoe deal.
jlokine
Analyst
And1: 3,934

Post#4 » by jlokine » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:55 am

can we have 1 day without lavar ball posts in the wiretap? no one really cares.. gimme the quotes after his son makes it into the nba.. watch him fall to 2nd round cause his dad wont shut up. or scouts dont actually think he's what his dad hypes him up to be, cause according to his dad, he signs them up to play with inferior competition.. they'll be shown for what they are against the best in the world.. watch them turn out to be austin rivers or adam morrison or jimmer fredette if they cant translate their game to the pros.
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#5 » by IAMZOOTED » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:42 am

$1 billion for three guys that haven't played a game in the NBA? Yeah, that sounds pretty reasonable.
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

^ After the Timberwolves signed Jamal Crawford.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#6 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:49 am

I can't wait for the opportunity to cash in on my children's talents.
12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Post#7 » by 12footrim » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:51 am

One thing is for sure. There are millions to be had. Personally this ass clown makes me wish all 3 fail and the money goes to others.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
foreigngrammar
Pro Prospect
And1: 470

Post#8 » by foreigngrammar » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:38 am

What's wrong in this world in a nut shell
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#9 » by Sam195 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:42 am

12footrim wrote:One thing is for sure. There are millions to be had. Personally this ass clown makes me wish all 3 fail and the money goes to others.

It will be hilarious if his son busts out in the nba and he's chased for interviews in person and also for tv and radio to explain the slump and defend past comments. I think the man is suffering from some kind of mental illness caused by the realization that his kids could actually make millions in the nba and it's not a pipe dream - he started buying into the dream becoming a reality to the point he got greedy and scatterbrained about their current situation. He's talking trash about Michael Jordan who could potentially be his son's employer either as the owner of his team if he's drafted by the hornets or as the owner of a shoe brand his son might be inclined to sign with. The man clearly knows nothing about business and should shut up and hire an agent for his son the moment he's eligible and let that individual and his company take care of his son's brand and endorsements. Even Lebron and Jordan have agents.
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#10 » by MitchB3 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:33 am

Why? Shoe company aren't going to fork over $1 Billion, especially for a player who has yet to play in the NBA, win anything in the NBA or even at NCAA level. I get that game speaks louder than words, however before LeBron got his $1 Billion deal with Nike (Lifetime contract) he was 10-12 years into the NBA.
streets talking
Senior
And1: 31

Post#11 » by streets talking » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:54 pm

they say cali got the best weed in the world
i dunno what hes smoking but i want some of that
MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Post#12 » by MegaK » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:57 pm

could be a good deal if the shoe company signs to life time deal for all 3 sons with certain milestones for each player to hit to continue receiving the deal.
MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Post#13 » by MegaK » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:57 pm

i like this guy.
gold0259
Sixth Man
And1: 65

Post#14 » by gold0259 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:19 pm

12footrim wrote:One thing is for sure. There are millions to be had. Personally this ass clown makes me wish all 3 fail and the money goes to others.

Funny how he says "you don't even have give me all the money at once"
Its not his money its his kids.
Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Post#15 » by Hoopzilla » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:37 pm

I think Lonzo would do fine with the "not talking to him" for a while. He said he would let his sons he men when they moved out. He is in college and the man still will not let him go or quit talking crap. A billion dollars, that is hilarious.

Return to Wiretap Discussion