Rajon Rondo 'Looking For A Straightforward Coach' In Next Stop

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 294

Rajon Rondo 'Looking For A Straightforward Coach' In Next Stop 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:51 pm

Rajon Rondo's experience with the Chicago Bulls has not been successful and he's often been blamed internally and in the media for their struggles.

“It’s different, it’s part of, it’s part of life,” Rondo said of his Chicago experience. “I thought it would be different, a lot different. Now it is what it is.”

The players have no idea of the direction of Chicago's management.

“You can control what you can control. That’s what I tell my [younger teammates]. I’m going through it 11 years but they’re going through it their second or third year, so I try to be the example for those guys and stay professional. My young point guards and my young bigs are going through it here. But I think that’s what I’m here for, to try to help them out.”

Rondo has had disappointing experiences with the Dallas Mavericks, Sacramento Kings and Bulls.

“My perspective on things [has changed], I would love to be part of a winning tradition or winning culture,” he said. “I thought I was going to get that here. The people up top are going in a different direction as far as experimenting. It [stinks] when you have the opportunity to make the playoffs and they want to go a different route.

“I’m looking for a straightforward coach. That’s what I’m looking forward to the most, sitting down with a coach. I want to develop a relationship and see what his goals are.”

Via Gary Washburn/Boston Globe

oceanlife
Junior
And1: 727

Re: Rajon Rondo 'Looking For A Straightforward Coach' In Next Stop 

Post#2 » by oceanlife » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:06 pm

I hear Min Lulei of the Beijing Ducks is a very straightforward coach.
2011Champs
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#3 » by 2011Champs » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:11 pm

Hopefully Chinese coaches are straightforward then
Bball0000
Bench Warmer
And1: 361

Post#4 » by Bball0000 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:31 pm

If they can't win with Jimmy Butler, D Wade, and had Taj, I don't think Rondo's the problem. Rondo should go on the Knicks or Pelicans.
6_Rings
RealGM
And1: 2,891

Post#5 » by 6_Rings » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:08 pm

Doc Rivers gonna be his last stop
El Turco wrote:Nothing wrong with men shaking their ass while other men in tights jump on top of each other.
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#6 » by fuller4379 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:41 pm

He thinks he is the smartest person in the room, but he can't figure out that he is the team cancer.
Fidel Sarcasmo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,073

Post#7 » by Fidel Sarcasmo » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:48 pm

Rondo's pride cost him untold millions. He pissed away what remaining positive perception he had left with that Dallas sharade. He blacklisted himself after that stunt, n only Lowly Sacramento would take him after cause no one wanted to go there. I was shocked when Chicago picked him up. But that front office is ass. He's burnt through his wick. I don't feel the least bit sorry for him.
Risk Addict
Analyst
And1: 240

Post#8 » by Risk Addict » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:58 pm

Rajon Rondo is 100% correct about the bulls management and coach. They have been sending mixed signals all season. No one is excelling under this leadership. Players go from starters to not playing on a whim. Rondo was starting guard then he is at the end of the bench. MCW is the starting guard, then is at the end of the bench. Grant was starting PG and then yesterday Rondo retakes the job and Grant doesn't get any playing time. Same thing with our bigs and Felicio, Portis and Mirotic. There is no consistency. It's like the management makes a new decision every week on whether to tank or try to make the playoffs. Rondo is on the money... no one could succeed with this circus act.
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,998

Post#9 » by contract » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:51 pm

Rondo has his own agenda. Good luck to his next coach.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
defmut
Senior
And1: 24

Post#10 » by defmut » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:05 am

When is the Bull's management going to be held accountable? The Bull's team is currently unwatchable.
"I don't want to be in a box." –Gar
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,342

Post#11 » by Shem » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:18 am

Will any worth wild NBA even consider taking Rondo? Not likely. His career is going to be done soon.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
Alex DeLarge
Junior
And1: 318

Post#12 » by Alex DeLarge » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:40 am

In a league full of egomaniacs, Rondo's lack of self-awareness is truly staggering.
JayJayFor3
Junior
And1: 75

Post#13 » by JayJayFor3 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:46 am

What Rondo meant was he is looking to be a player plus head coach position in the next stop. :D :crazy:
RandyBreuer
Sixth Man
And1: 174
Location: hoistin' 3s like Delfino, pimpin' 4 recruits like Pitino

Post#14 » by RandyBreuer » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:51 am

Oh come on Rajon you A Hole.....everyone should love The mayor of Ames`
Drugbust wrote
"Sorry if my opinion offended your delicate sensibilities"

In Horst we trust.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,225

Post#15 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:55 am

A good translator will tell you exactly what the coach said.
Cael
Junior
And1: 458

Post#16 » by Cael » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:44 am

Only popovich could bring him back at this point. Bruh needs a father figure type coach. Someone he respects unequivocally. Not sure that's out there for him tho. Hopefully he finds what he's looking for. He's a smart dude.
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#17 » by Sam195 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:57 am

Cael wrote:Only popovich could bring him back at this point. Bruh needs a father figure type coach. Someone he respects unequivocally. Not sure that's out there for him tho. Hopefully he finds what he's looking for. He's a smart dude.

Popovich isn't going to take him on unless he has some incentive. People forget that Spurs only acquired Stephen Jackson to get rid of Richard Jefferson's albatross contract which was for more money and longer term. Cpt Jack got cut before the Spurs 2013 finals and 2014 title run because he was being a locker room cancer - lobbying Pop to give him more min than Ginobili and Parker. Capt jack and Rondo are similar headcases. Why would Pop sign Rondo who can't shoot when Spurs have younger emerging guards and a pipeline of foreign prospects to tap into that are likely a safer gamble. Rondo would just be a distraction and the Spurs stars, organization and Pop all hate distractions.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#18 » by The_Hater » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:39 pm

Sam195 wrote:
Cael wrote:Only popovich could bring him back at this point. Bruh needs a father figure type coach. Someone he respects unequivocally. Not sure that's out there for him tho. Hopefully he finds what he's looking for. He's a smart dude.

Popovich isn't going to take him on unless he has some incentive. People forget that Spurs only acquired Stephen Jackson to get rid of Richard Jefferson's albatross contract which was for more money and longer term. Cpt Jack got cut before the Spurs 2013 finals and 2014 title run because he was being a locker room cancer - lobbying Pop to give him more min than Ginobili and Parker. Capt jack and Rondo are similar headcases. Why would Pop sign Rondo who can't shoot when Spurs have younger emerging guards and a pipeline of foreign prospects to tap into that are likely a safer gamble. Rondo would just be a distraction and the Spurs stars, organization and Pop all hate distractions.

Lobbying to get more minutes than Parker? They don't even play the same position. Perhaps you meant Danny Green?
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.

Return to Wiretap Discussion