Dwyane Wade May Opt Out Of $23.8M 17-18 Contract With Bulls

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Dwyane Wade May Opt Out Of $23.8M 17-18 Contract With Bulls 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:59 am

Dwyane Wade has a player option for the 17-18 season with the Chicago Bulls worth $23.8 million.

Rival executives, however, "believe it's reasonable to expect Wade may want out" due to the Bulls' struggles and dysfunction this season.

Wade and Jimmy Butler have been critical of their teammates this season.

Wade, Butler and Rajon Rondo have all ignored play calls from Fred Hoiberg this season.

Via Ken Berger/Bleacher Report

Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Re: Dwyane Wade May Opt Out Of $23.8M 17-18 Contract With Bulls 

Post#2 » by Bleeding Green » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:23 am

lol what a trash organization that you will have someone opt out of a 24 million contract despite the fact that they will almost certainly receive less on the open market.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
ralphisBullsFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 430

Post#3 » by ralphisBullsFan » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:12 am

He'll probably go and play for the Clippers and help their bench. Maybe even go to the Spurs if they have can offer more money. Another 1 + 1 contract for less than half of what his contract for the Bulls was with.
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#4 » by Sam195 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:30 am

ralphisBullsFan wrote:He'll probably go and play for the Clippers and help their bench. Maybe even go to the Spurs if they have can offer more money. Another 1 + 1 contract for less than half of what his contract for the Bulls was with.

Wade has an affinity for big markets so Spurs are out and I highly doubt he will go to the cavs because he doesn't want his legacy involving chasing lebron's coat tails for rings on more than one franchise. With the emergence of Dion Waiters who looks like he wants to resign and the heat's clear shift towards a youth movement I doubt he returns. Maybe he signs a 1 day contract at the end of his career to retire as a heat player but not commit full seasons after already leaving. I can see clippers, lakers, knicks and even milwaukee cause of his marquette ties and proximity to chicago as attractive options. It will be funny on the bucks - since his coach Jason Kidd use to date his wife but they should easily move beyond that based on their mutual respect and relationship of winning olympic gold together.
ChrxstmasCruz
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#5 » by ChrxstmasCruz » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:56 am

Lmao he's not opting away from that 24mil.. yeah things aren't clicking but that's the highest pay day for Wade in a long time.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#6 » by The_Hater » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:15 am

Once wad realizes that it's a different free agent landscape this summer and there aren't a bunch of teams sitting there with $25 million and open arms I expect him to opt in with the Bulls and privately ask for a trade. Maybe to the Clips. Maybe the Cavs.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#7 » by Sam195 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:45 am

The_Hater wrote:Once wad realizes that it's a different free agent landscape this summer and there aren't a bunch of teams sitting there with $25 million and open arms I expect him to opt in with the Bulls and privately ask for a trade. Maybe to the Clips. Maybe the Cavs.

Buddy he will get paid this summer if he opts out - the cap reaches it's highest level ever this summer then starts dropping and leveling off in the 2018 summer and beyond. It is the reason many players planned to hit free agency this summer or even like Durant sign a short term deal and holdout another year to cash in.
The_Hater

Post#8 » by The_Hater » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:37 pm

Sam195 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:Once wad realizes that it's a different free agent landscape this summer and there aren't a bunch of teams sitting there with $25 million and open arms I expect him to opt in with the Bulls and privately ask for a trade. Maybe to the Clips. Maybe the Cavs.

Buddy he will get paid this summer if he opts out - the cap reaches it's highest level ever this summer then starts dropping and leveling off in the 2018 summer and beyond. It is the reason many players planned to hit free agency this summer or even like Durant sign a short term deal and holdout another year to cash in.

It's a much stronger group of free agents and only 1/3rd of the teams compared to last summer look like they'll be able to offer a max contract. Buddy.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
gino_giode
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#9 » by gino_giode » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:56 pm

ChrxstmasCruz wrote:Lmao he's not opting away from that 24mil.. yeah things aren't clicking but that's the highest pay day for Wade in a long time.

Some players will opt for long term security rather than one lump sum payment (ie: 24-25 mil over 3-4 years)--depends though if he's on a contender. And if he opts out I doubt Chicago gives him a contract. they got rid of Taj, McDermott, and actively shopped Jimmy of all people. Bulls are moving on.
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,798

Post#10 » by Hallstar » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:01 pm

The_Hater wrote:
Sam195 wrote:

It's a much stronger group of free agents and only 1/3rd of the teams compared to last summer look like they'll be able to offer a max contract. Buddy.

Wade sat out most of FA waiting on Miami and still got 50 mil. He'll get paid
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,314

Post#11 » by JordansBulls » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:01 pm

If a hometown guy in Wade doesn't want to stay more than a year, what does that say about any other major star wanting to go there? Hell they even traded Rose who was the franchise. I don't see the Bulls ever getting another marquee player unless it is only thru the draft.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
The_Hater

Post#12 » by The_Hater » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:19 pm

Hallstar wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
Sam195 wrote:

Wade sat out most of FA waiting on Miami and still got 50 mil. He'll get paid

Let's recap this again.

This is a different free agent period than last year. Far better group of free agents and more importantly, far less teams have cap space because they wasted it all in the Mozgov's, Noah's and Parson's of the world last summer. The small jump in the cap isn't going to make a difference if most teams don't have a lot of cap space to offer Wade big money and they'd rather offer it to younger, better free agents anyways.

Add in the part where Wade is one year older (now 35) and looks like he has more negative baggage attached with the Bulls drama and I would bet anyone that he doesn't get $23 million a season from anyone if he opts out.
Masai is overrated.

April 14th, 2019.
6_Rings
RealGM
And1: 2,891

Post#13 » by 6_Rings » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:21 pm

who'll give him around $24M next season? laffs
El Turco wrote:Nothing wrong with men shaking their ass while other men in tights jump on top of each other.
ralphisBullsFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 430

Post#14 » by ralphisBullsFan » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:04 pm

Sam195 wrote:
ralphisBullsFan wrote:He'll probably go and play for the Clippers and help their bench. Maybe even go to the Spurs if they have can offer more money. Another 1 + 1 contract for less than half of what his contract for the Bulls was with.

Wade has an affinity for big markets so Spurs are out and I highly doubt he will go to the cavs because he doesn't want his legacy involving chasing lebron's coat tails for rings on more than one franchise. With the emergence of Dion Waiters who looks like he wants to resign and the heat's clear shift towards a youth movement I doubt he returns. Maybe he signs a 1 day contract at the end of his career to retire as a heat player but not commit full seasons after already leaving. I can see clippers, lakers, knicks and even milwaukee cause of his marquette ties and proximity to chicago as attractive options. It will be funny on the bucks - since his coach Jason Kidd use to date his wife but they should easily move beyond that based on their mutual respect and relationship of winning olympic gold together.

Sorry, don't see him leaving for the Knicks who are no better then the Bulls . Doubt he'd go to the Lakers as they are still rebuilding and the whole Kobe replacement thing would be implied. If the Spurs are to small a market for him then I doubt the Bucks are big enough considering they are a borderline playoffs team as well. If he takes a pay cut it's going to be to play for a contender. Like I said Clippers are most likely considering his friendship with Chris Paul.
Chad_Warden
Junior
And1: 286

Post#15 » by Chad_Warden » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:33 pm

Sam195 wrote:

I don't think they have one day contracts in the NBA.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#16 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:06 pm

He's washed up. Where does he think he's going for 25mil. Not even the Seattle supersonics want him.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#17 » by hyberx » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:05 pm

Time to call up good buddy LeGM to squeeze out $25Mil/per for the next 3 years from Dan Gilbert. :roll:
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#18 » by IAMZOOTED » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:23 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:He's washed up. Where does he think he's going for 25mil. Not even the Seattle supersonics want him.

You actually think the reason he is considering opting out is because he thinks he'll get more money? Lol if he opts out it's because he wants to win, not because he wants more money.

But if someone was going to offer him 25 million a year, it'd probably be the lakers.
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

^ After the Timberwolves signed Jamal Crawford.
ChrxstmasCruz
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#19 » by ChrxstmasCruz » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:00 pm

gino_giode wrote:
ChrxstmasCruz wrote:Lmao he's not opting away from that 24mil.. yeah things aren't clicking but that's the highest pay day for Wade in a long time.

Some players will opt for long term security rather than one lump sum payment (ie: 24-25 mil over 3-4 years)--depends though if he's on a contender. And if he opts out I doubt Chicago gives him a contract. they got rid of Taj, McDermott, and actively shopped Jimmy of all people. Bulls are moving on.

That's very true however Wade is not "some players" with his injury history. Flash will be one of the new generation greats to me, first to get a ring in his NBA changing draft class, last to leave his original draft team. All the best, in the right situation he could thrive and land a decent long term contract but he came to the Bulls 2 years too late.

Return to Wiretap Discussion